Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Rockne could ask Keauna if she wants to return to competitive skating.
    Never going to happen - it would have to be a cold day in hell for that to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Side note: Teams split for many different reasons and the decision to split is not taken lightly in most cases. This is not a problem that's unique to U.S. teams.
    ^^THIS.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    So shocked about this news. I was very impressed with them in their first year together, and even more so last season. I will miss them as a team, but I wish them both all the best. Hope Rockne finds a very good skating partner soon!

vCash
    Gah, I really think they had a chance at the title. I can't picture Rockne switching to ice dance (although I'd be glad to take him thru all of his dances ). Sad day for US pairs; Tai Babilonia posted this on Facebook.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Vacant
    vCash
    Wow just saw this and actually gasped in shock! WTF happened?

vCash
    Nooooo
    I wasn´t expecting this at all, it´s shocking even for US pairs breaking standards
    What a pity I absolutely loved them at worlds.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Yes, I was completely bummed when I saw this posted on Facebook last night. I adored them as a pair and thought they had a ton of potential.

That said, clearly something's going on with Mary Beth and I wish her the very very best in whatever she now chooses to do. We can speculate all we want and we may never know the reason she decided to stop skating, but we need to respect the decision regardless.

Rockne's probably going to lose this season and I hope he can find a good partner and continue skating next season.

vCash
    Depressing

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    With the Olympics only two years away and the team improving with each season, they were almost certain a lock for the Olympics and it's sad that Mary Beth couldn't tough it out just a little while longer.

Since Mary Beth is saying she's taking a break from competitive skating it makes me think she either had a mental breakdown or a serious physical injury. If it was physical, she would probably say so in the press release, but she didn't.

In any case, no skater is under any obligation to continue on when their heart isn't in it. It's just sad for Rockne that he will probably miss out on the Olympics each time in his career.

And no, Keauna is not coming back. She has grown too much to be paired with Rockne any more. He is really short and needs a midget girl who is done growing.

My bet for the Olympics now is Shnapir and Castelli. They are a really incredible athletic team.
    Last edited by leafygreens; 08-15-2012 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    One of the challenges of pair skating is getting both partners to agree on a number of major issues. Sometimes sacrifices are required to keep the team as a whole working.
    Yes, and it's up to the individual skaters (and their families) to decide how much they are willing to sacrifice. In the big picture of life, "the Olympics" isn't everything for everyone.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    THIS!!!
    Yes, and it's up to the individual skaters (and their families) to decide how much they are willing to sacrifice. In the big picture of life, "the Olympics" isn't everything for everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    My bet for the Olympics now is Shnapir and Castelli. They are a really incredible athletic team.
    Would Marissa be too tall for Rockne? She does seem to be the stronger of that pairing (which is not to say she *should* break up, just wondering).

So sorry to hear this news.

vCash
    Sylvia this is so important and should be posted on everything including icenetwork as a response.

The inner spirit of the individual sometimes gets lost...where fans think about the Oly team and Team USA it can become that an individual should "stick it out" or sacrifice more. IT is for none of us to say. IT is for the individual whose life it is to do what is best for them and for us to wish them well and respect that period.

Thank you for bringing that to light....it is important.

vCash
    Maddie Aaron??

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Not only is the Olympics not everything to everyone and worth any sacrifice no matter how great, but there is no reason that the US has to be a force in Pairs.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Wow, this is surprising.

Reminds me of a really, really talented young 16 year old dancer at my school. So talented that my teacher called me to tell me I needed to see her new prodigy. My teacher was ready to take her to Varna or Moscow competition -- and she was very selective about who went to competitions. The girl suddenly decided she wanted to be on the cheerleading squad at high school and go to the prom and had no time for ballet. And just quit. You never know with a teenager.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolsk8tr View Post
    Nope she does not and not great lift positions, throws, or jumps although everything else is amazing!!!!.
    not great lift positions!!!!!!! ur crazy... hahaha

I think Andrea would go well, she has the skills, the right size...

I'm not sure what the deal is with citizenship but she has competed twice at US nats I think?
    So surely it's possible?

Sad to see another US pair be so short lived...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Wow just saw this and actually gasped in shock! WTF happened?
    So did I.
    There must be something more to this than we know.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    Not only is the Olympics not everything to everyone and worth any sacrifice no matter how great, but there is no reason that the US has to be a force in Pairs.

okay that just struck me funny
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Just saw this. So sad! I loved them!

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast