This is a shame, bad for US Pairs
    AGREED!

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I'm... speechless.... I just...

*headdesk*

vCash
    I'm in total shock.

Best of luck to Rockne in trying to salvage his season. And best of luck to Mary Beth as she goes on to the next phase of her life. High level figure skating isn't for everyone.

vCash
    If Amanda Dobbs really is 5'4 (which is what her IN bio says) it just might work, although it's obviously not ideal. I have a feeling she may be an inch or two taller now, though.

vCash
    Are you effing kidding me? I loved the video we saw of whatever summer competition, she was so much improved.

...I agree, call Caitlin...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Are you effing kidding me? I loved the video we saw of whatever summer competition, she was so much improved.

...I agree, call Caitlin...
    Dream. Pairing.

Sorry Josh, but if I were Caitlin...I'd dump you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I thought they were BOTH much improved as a pairs team. Unfortunately they had a few things working against them from the beginning and it was going to take a lot of hard work and long term dedication to make this pairing happen.

It's kind of sad to see Mary Beth step away from competitive skating as she had a lot of potential. It can't have been easy pairing up with Rockne and always trying to skate up to to his talent and level of skating. I hope she is proud of what she accomplished in such a short time.

Good luck to both of them in their future endeavors.

vCash
    Don't know what the reason is, but hate to see Rockne lose a pre-Oly season because of this...I really think Ashley is too tall. Yup, call Caitlin or -Amanda - Team USA needs you.

vCash
    It feels like something has to have happened that hasn't been said. Who's got the ?

vCash
    There has to be a story there. I can't imagine who would walk away from one of the world's best partners (IMHO, except his height limits his potential partners) AND a solid shot at Olympic games. One one hand your heart and head have to be fully committed...yet on the other hand it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Rockne needs to get on the phone asap. His only chance for 2014 is to get an experienced pairs skater. I don't know US scene that well. Anyone in juniors at least one triple and a 2A? Looks like Kylie Duarte is too tall. What about Jessica Pfund or Madeline Aaron? Don't know their height but looks like some skills...

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I'm done with US pairs. A million depressions. Now, Donlan/Speroff will split and Divette will out grow Utah. My heart is shattered. Russia will have all my attention from hence forth. ((((Rockne)))) He really can't catch a break.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Since Mary Beth is retiring at such a young age, I'm thinking that it's either burnout or finances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hlp728 View Post
    What about Rockne trying ice dancing and team up with Emily Samuleson? That would be a 5inch height difference. They would probably have a better chance for 2018 Olympics. I'm desperate to see Emily back in competition.
    Oooo, I like this idea. (One can dream, right?)

vCash
    Weren't they just in Detroit recently as well? Burnout, far from home, injury???? Hate to see another breakup--sadly growing used to it.

vCash
    Yesterday, I was reading into the threads 50 pages back just for kicks and read through the thread about Keauna and Rockne splitting and now this happens

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Aw man. Best wishes to both of them in whatever comes next but this really sucks.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    WTF!!!!

And the much older Rockne is the one who's staying???

Hope she is ok.
    I know, this was my thought too. I feel bad for both of them.

vCash
    WHYYYY

ARGH, US PAIRS

vCash
    My best wishes to both of them and I hope that everything's okay with Mary Beth BUT I have to say dammit dammit dammit!!

Was really looking forward to watching them growing together as a pair. So much potential and a whole lot of improvement from last season to now, but not to be anymore, alas! Hope Rockne finds a long-term partner soon.

vCash
    This is just shocking! I was not expecting to see this news at all! I really hope Rockne can find another partner. I feel so bad for him. He's a great pairs skater (one of the best in the US for sure) but he can't seem to catch a break.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast