Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Honestly, the entire "race for a partner" struck me as a problem. It could have easily led to "partner number five" pretty quckly if you just take "she who is available" rather then getting a good fit! I realize he wants to go to Sochi, but I am not sure taking a partner that might not have been a good fit was going to get him there either.

(I am not saying Evora wouldn't have been great or Bebe or "skater du jour" who was mentioned on this thread. Just that it worried me that it seemed more like "find a partner any partner" based on what little info was out there. Granted that info mainly came from Hersh so there is some 'hype' involved LOL!)
    I wonder if there was some panic on Rockne's part to find a partner, any partner. Mary Beth quit pretty late, too late for Rockne to find a partner without some panic. I wonder if his tryout with Amanda forced him to step back and realize this wasn't the way to go. It sucks because he put in all this time nd energy preparing for the upcoming season and his partner quits at basically the last minute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Honestly, the entire "race for a partner" struck me as a problem. It could have easily led to "partner number five" pretty quckly if you just take "she who is available" rather then getting a good fit! I realize he wants to go to Sochi, but I am not sure taking a partner that might not have been a good fit was going to get him there either.
    (I am not saying Evora wouldn't have been great or Bebe or "skater du jour" who was mentioned on this thread. Just that it worried me that it seemed more like "find a partner any partner" based on what little info was out there. Granted that info mainly came from Hersh so there is some 'hype' involved LOL!)
    IIRC, that's what tryouts are for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo13 View Post
    She has been appointed by the USFSA as a team leader in a Senior B competition, something she wanted to do to be involved in skating.
    In case anyone is wondering, Amanda Evora will be the team leader for pairs at the Salt Lake Senior B/U.S. developmental competition later this month - confirmation link is posted here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=155
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by insideedgeua View Post
    Yes, I know and you are right but some days it is harder than others not to remind people of how rude they are.

I am not related to either Rockne or any of his expartners but they and their families more than likely read here from time to time and they shouldn't have to be subjected to such utter rubbish.

My own children have been discussed here and so far it has all been very positive but no doubt the day will come when they are the target of some moron too. I dread the day every time I read here.

People can dislike a program or be disappointed in the way a skater performs in an event but it can be expressed with some thought for the skaters themselves.
    This is why we have a "hide" feature for posters whose posts you don't want to see. It has kept me sane.

vCash
    Did MBM and Rockne have a 3-twist?

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Did MBM and Rockne have a 3-twist?
    Yes they did. Usually scored as L2 or L1, but they had one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFkDnowtNi4#t=1m

vCash
    There are four decent looking girls out there looking for partners right now. Anyone think of any of these could work? Mikenzie Frost (19) 5'2, Victoria LoRusso (15) 4'9, Hailee Settle (18) 5'0, and Danielle Viola (21) 4'11.

I just really think Rockne is an amazing skater and hate that he's had such tough luck with skaters!

By decent looking i meant willing to relocate and an ok height

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I wonder if there was some panic on Rockne's part to find a partner, any partner. Mary Beth quit pretty late, too late for Rockne to find a partner without some panic. I wonder if his tryout with Amanda forced him to step back and realize this wasn't the way to go. It sucks because he put in all this time nd energy preparing for the upcoming season and his partner quits at basically the last minute.
    It's surprising that Mary Beth quit because when I saw her interviewed over the past couple years she seemed so motivated and strong and said it was her dream to skate with Rockne. I guess things change, but it's too bad that Rockne has been left out in the cold by 2 partners in a row.

He is so good at executing lifts, and has great speed and musicality as well as a good-looking charm on the ice too.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637