Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The large age difference between them and different levels of experience, etc., always made this a real possibility, but this is very odd timing with the GP starting in just 2 months, and of course the Olympics in less than 2 years. Mary Beth quitting abruptly like this with no reason at all given in the press release (not even a "I want to focus on school" reason like Keauna gave) is quite strange. Perhaps she was thinking about this for a while and couldn't take it any longer, or maybe there was some sort of emergency situation. It's a shame.

I feel for Rockne, because he's 5'8", and finding him a 5'0 and under Sr level pairs partner this close to the Olympics will be ridiculously difficult.

vCash
    What happened???
    They were so promising. I loved the snippets from their summer competitions. What a disappointment.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    This is such a bad timing for a split. Poor Rockne, he needs to steal Kiri Baga from Toth or Felicia Zhang from Bartholomay or maybe convince one of the lots of single junior girls to jump ship before they get lost in the singles ladies shuffle. Otherwise his Sochi dreams are done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Dream. Pairing.

Sorry Josh, but if I were Caitlin...I'd dump you.
    Look closely at her videos with Josh and John- both boys are over 6 foot...guys Rockne is really small- IMO smaller than the 5'8'' that is reported...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    This is such a bad timing for a split. Poor Rockne, he needs to steal Kiri Baga from Toth or Felicia Zhang from Bartholomay or maybe convince one of the lots of single junior girls to jump ship before they get lost in the singles ladies shuffle. Otherwise his Sochi dreams are done.
    Yep thats exactly what US Pairs needs- More breakups! Yeah!

vCash
    Of course!! Split is natural! Poor Pairs in America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Of course!! Split is natural! Poor Pairs in America.
    exactly it they are gonna do the chairs game do it right!

vCash
    I'm devastated. Really loved them and I'm grateful I got to see them skate live at 2011 Nationals and 2012 4CC.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonavan View Post
    Yep thats exactly what US Pairs needs- More breakups! Yeah!
    yeah I agree, I really hope that Rockne doesn't "steal" anyone. US pairs need to learn the value of "longevity".

vCash
    Betting a million that Rockne teams up with Caitlin in the next few days, just my opinion....brother and Caitlin in Michigan.

vCash
    Very sad to hear this news. They were a team that had much potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by momof5 View Post
    Betting a million that Rockne teams up with Caitlin in the next few days, just my opinion....brother and Caitlin in Michigan.
    Again, this is virtually impossible because of their lack of height difference. Rockne is short for a pairs guy. Caitlin is on the taller side for a pairs girl. Even if she's just 5'3", she can't partner with someone barely 5'8".

vCash

I'm so upset. So I can't even imagine how Rockne must feel. He was so, so close-again! First Keauna, and now Mary-Beth...I agree with those who have said there were always facts with this pairing that could have led to it not working, but I just never would have expected to read about it until perhaps after Sochi. I'm so gutted for him.

They were progressing so well I really thought they had a shot of challenging for the US title this year.

I feel for Mary Beth; this can't have been an easy decision, regardless of the reasons. But for it to become a very real possibility that Rockne will miss the Olympics again- :

vCash
    What the hell?!

What a shame. What is it about US pairs where they can never stick it out for the long haul?
    Last edited by Lanie; 08-15-2012 at 03:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    If Amanda Dobbs really is 5'4 (which is what her IN bio says) it just might work, although it's obviously not ideal. I have a feeling she may be an inch or two taller now, though.
    Amanda would not work. She still says she's 5'4, but Rockne is a weak 5'9 and best, and MB at like 4'9 or 4'10 and around 85 lbs was a good match size wise. Ashley Cain is 5'6 so definitely not, Yankowskas is 5'2 or 5'3 and that's still probably too tall. The girls that would potentially work size wise would be Baga, Davis, and Zhang, but they all have new partners so I doubt they'd ditch them at this point....maybe if Yasmin Siraj wanted to do pairs.

Anyways I'm totally shocked. They were basically a shoo-in for the Olympic team and she's only 17, and she's not quitting pairs to focus on singles, so I wonder what's up...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    What a shame. What is it about US pairs where they can never stick it out for the long haul?
    I don't think this is a case of losing patience. If Mary Beth is retiring in the middle of so much success, there are obviously larger issues going on. If she and Rockne were merely angry at each other, they'd each be looking for new partners. Whatever happened, I hope MB finds happiness in the next chapter of her life and I hope Rockne can find a new partner in time to go to the Olys.

And I hope some team out there can beat D/C at Nats.

vCash
    I still say Andrea Poapst. There has to be a way to Tanith Belbin her!

vCash
    Rockne could ask Keauna if she wants to return to competitive skating.

vCash
    Yes! Definitely Andrea! She is the perfect height for Rockne and a beautiful skater!

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Rockne could ask Keauna if she wants to return to competitive skating.
    Maybe he already has
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast