Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Hasn't this race been around for awhile? Is the course a lot longer than say the course in the 1920's? How did they cheat then?
    They ingested large quantities of red wine to deaden the pain of going up steep ascents in the Pyrenees.

Lest you think I am joking, here's a webpage quoting from The Sun Also Rises with regard to a different mutli-stage race:

There was a bicycle-race on, the Tour de Pays Basque, and the riders were stopping that night in San Sebastian. In the [hotel] dining room, at one side, there was a long table of bicycle riders, eating with their trainers and managers. They were all French and Belgian, and paid close attention to their meal, but they were having a good time…

The next morning at five o’clock the race resumed with the last lap, San Sebastian-Bilbao. The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the racing seriously except among themselves. They had raced among themselves so often that it did not make much difference who won. Especially in a foreign country. The money could be arranged.
    http://le-grimpeur.net/blog/archives/26

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Right. There was another athlete who tested positive for marijuana, I don't remember the details as to who and what sport - the athlete said it must was cooked into something he'd ate, and had known nothing about that.
    I think you are referring to Ross Rebagliati from Canada who won gold for snowboarding in Nagano 1998. He was first stripped of the gold but COC appealed as marijuana is not a performance enhancing drug and won back the gold for Rebagliati.

Rebagliati claims it was from second hand marijuana and personally IMO if he won gold while he was high, then he totally deserved the win

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I think you are referring to Ross Rebagliati from Canada who won gold for snowboarding in Nagano 1998. He was first stripped of the gold but COC appealed as marijuana is not a performance enhancing drug and won back the gold for Rebagliati.

Rebagliati claims it was from second hand marijuana and personally IMO if he won gold while he was high, then he totally deserved the win
    No, it was this Olympics and it was an American Judo competitor.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/olymp...t-by-accident/
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    They ingested large quantities of red wine to deaden the pain of going up steep ascents in the Pyrenees.

Lest you think I am joking, here's a webpage quoting from The Sun Also Rises with regard to a different mutli-stage race:

http://le-grimpeur.net/blog/archives/26

Riding uphill drunk---a different kind of binge and purge? That is something I would not want to see. (Of course the ride down might be enertaining.)

vCash
    Glad they caught Ostapchuk. Physically I thought she looked rather strange-and I was right. I hate when cheaters are caught too late to allow the legitimate winners a chance on the top of the podium.
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Ostapchuk used to play rugby for Ireland.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Oh FFS so today it conspires that her coach was spiking her food without knowledge. Yep sorry don't believe it. Don't even think there was any food spiking going on either.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...achs-mea-culpa

Good news is Valerie Adams is getting her medal next week.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...edal-next-week

vCash
    I'm glad they are going to make the Gold presentation into a big ceremony for Valerie Adams as she was robbed of the top spot celebration at the Olympics.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/s...5206--spt.html

So she's only gets a one year ban which means she'll be back for Worlds next year.

Claiming your coach spiked your food/drink is so Ludmila Engquist circa 1990.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Hmmm seems she was even naughtier and she got caught doping at 2005 worlds and thus will lose her World Championship there too and likely means any come back is not possible.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234