Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    What a pointless article - she clearly udnerstands the difference so why is there even an article to be written. She does make it rather difficult to even sympathise with the fact that she found things hard by virtue of the whinging tone she has all the time.

Given there was a clear rule re: what she did and she broke it, which meant the whole team lost a member of their coaching team, why does she insist on acting like it was everyone else who had an issue being professional. I bet most people could live with it until she had him as a coach while the rest of them didn't (if my understanding is correct).

Highlights:

- Bolt and Weir turning away from the interviewer after the 200m in respect of anothers national anthem (cant reacall which now).

- Gymnastics - Haven't watched properly for ages and was great to see so much of it! New fan for Louis Smith here

- Mo Farah's double and the antics from him and Bolt with their respective "poses".

- The complete loss of professionalism from the BBC commentators on a couple of occasions. I think one was the last race in the Heptathlon and one was the men's 100m - Hilarious!

- Caster Semenya running her races and getting a medal after all that she's been through.

- Santos's emotions on winning and on the podium.

- A certain FSUer's FB updates re: snatches

Lowlights:

- Accusations of doping against the young chinese swimmer who won her race (there is a process - let it run it's course)

- Some of the comments made by the GB men's road race team about others tactics

- Pendelton's whining since it was all over about how hard done by she is

- Carl Lewis's comments about his place in history compared to Bolt and his comments re: doping (really - you're going to comment on doping with your history?)

- Some of the behaviour from the Russian gymnastics team members when their teammates didn't do so well...
    Last edited by mella; 08-26-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I kind of feel bad for finding this so hilarious:

EPIC hissy fit

I think that may beat Adam Nelson 2004.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I kind of feel bad for finding this so hilarious:

EPIC hissy fit

I think that may beat Adam Nelson 2004.
    You missed that? I love Foster Hylton and that fit started way earlier AND went on for way longer... but : too

This was after her heat. This is more for other posters, since I know you're most likely up to date with her history but....

Bridgette was the 2009 world champion in 100mhurdles at the age of 35.

She had almost retired the year before. In 2010 she ruptured her Achilles and was only back in shape May of this year. Having rehabbed for 2 full years, stuck with the sport and put off having children all because of a dream to win an Olympic medal (8th in Sydney, 10th in Athens, Beijing 6th) she hit the second hurdle in her HEAT and didn't even make the second round. Hence the hissy fit.

She also had an epic melt down in 2003 when she finished 2nd at worlds, she dived for the line and burned the entire right side of her face only to look up and see she finished second to Perdita Felicien. Her post interview was hilarious....It went something like....."Bridget how are you feeling?", "ahhhhhhhhm, I dunno, I mean, I...I ...mi get second.....ahhhh...." Walks off. Swears off camera. Kicks wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZq17CiO3sk

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    You missed that?
    No, I saw it in real time and was transferring some footage to DVD and thought I should share.

Couldn't find good quality footage of the whole race.

WATTS on Eurosport put this on with wailing baby sounds in the background.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Haha was just thinking of a random highlight, texting a friend:

'Bloody hell, I love the Olympics- I am watching a horse dance to 'The Nutcracker' '

Then: 'OMG and now one is dancing to 'Land Of Hope And Glory'

Her reply:

'OK Shaz, you have either been out on a very boozy lunch or taking mind altering drugs, please stop it now!"

This was one of my all time Favourite posts during the Games. Especially as it came on a day I was really sick and badly needed a laugh. Meant to Thank You then and got sidetracked, so even though it's belated...Thank You!!!

vCash
    Highlights :
    Viktoria Komova
    Marcel Nguyen

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I should have gotten to this sooner but pretty much being bed-ridden for a month I haven't really gotten around to this.

Highlights
    Opening Ceremony - The whole thing was rather a bit mad, but it was so quintessentially British. The tribute to the industrial revolution, the NHS segment and the Queen/Bond segment along with Mr. Bean, it was all brilliant. I loved every second of it.

Spice Girls back after four years pretty much made my life. Even if it was brief.

The Canadian women's soccer team rebounding after having the semi-final taken away from them due to the most incompetent bit of refereeing I have ever seen in my life.

Tom Daley winning a medal under the immense pressure was lovely to see.

The entire British team and just how they were embraced was so great to see. The crowds were supportive but they weren't obnoxious about it either (ala no obnoxious chanting like USA USA). They just embraced everyone over 17 days.

Derek Drouin and Mark Oldershaw's surprise bronze medals for Canada were awesome. Brent Hayden getting his long awaited bronze medal too.

The men's high bar final was all kinds of insane topped off by the insanely gorgeous Fabian Hambuechen and Epke Zonderland and his insane difficulty.

The entire British Artistic Gymnastics team, especially Beth Tweddle getting her long awaited Olympic medal

Botswana and Afghanistan capturing Olympic medals.

Huge kudos to the organizers and the volunteers, from everything I heard, everything ran just about as smoothly as could be, including in the centre of the city and on the tube and at Heathrow where I had worries.

Usain Bolt confirming his status as the greatest sprinter of all time after everyone thought he may be losing it and he confirms himself as the greatest sprinter.

The three gold medals for GBR in athletics creating a magical night for the entire country.

Caster Semenya winning a medal after all that she has had to endure for three years.

Mo Farah's double capturing the spirit and imagination of the entire country.

Andy Murray finally breaking through and winning Olympic Gold against the all time greatest player and just spanking him in the finals too. Also a British woman capturing silver with Murray in Mixed Doubles was just an added bonus.

Lowlights

CTV's coverage was just beyond atrocious this year. It got better towards the end of the games but for the first 2/3's of the games the lack of focus on Canadian athletes and them falling all over themselves to fawn over Michael Phelps was disgusting. At times I thought I was watching NBC 2.0 and couldn't believe it. It was such a huge relief to see that CBC won the rights back for 2014 and 2016. No more Brian Williams either!

The ref in the women's semi-final soccer game between Canada and the USA. Her insane calls took the game out of Canada's control. Christine Sinclair stood on her head and did what she absolutely could but it still wasn't enough due to the bone head calls of Christina Pedersen.

The badminton players and their match fixing. Just spitting in the ideals of Olympism and what it represents. They got what they deserved and then some.

Valerie Adams having her moment denied by a drug cheater.

Poor Team Canada in the relay to have thought they won the medal and then DQed, I felt so bad for them along with the rest of Canada.

The empty seats and everyone having doubts about how the games would go off, but were proven so wrong in the end.

These games were so different compared to Beijing but in their own way and in their own madness the Brits did an absolutely spectacular job and I'm still obsessed with them. I truly believe that these were the best summer games ever put on and we won't see anything like it for generations to come. Rio has a lot to live up to and a lot of work to do.

I have felt such a connection to the UK that I went out and got the Union Jack tattooed on my back, back in July! and I absolutely it.

Congrats to everyone involved. Good show mates!
    Kyle

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345