Closing ceremony is just hours away, so a chance to reflect on the past few weeks.
- First time to travel to a Summer Olympics. What a wonderful experience it was to see the Olympic flame (never got round to it in Torino ).
- The Irish boxers and Katie Taylor in particular. Amazing atmosphere in the country after what have been a few tough years. Hearing the Irish anthem sung so beautifully in a boxing arena was so special.
- David Rudisha, Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and of course Usain Bolt. Incredible athletes!
- Burt Le Clos!
- Clare Balding!!
- Getting hooked on the incredibly voidy Modern Pentathlon
- The British public who were there to cheer on their own of course, but were also very respectful and enthusiastic for athletes from other countries. And in individual sports for actually using the persons name and not just shouting "GB, GB".
- Not having jet lag without leaving home.
- Liz and Daniel Craig jumping out of a plane
- The Olympic rings in the opening ceremony
- The Olympic cauldron
- The excitement of the mens 10m diving event
- McKayla Maroney not being impressed
- Officials not measuring Betty Heidler's hammer throw properly the first time. WTF? At least they got it right in the end.
- Irish sailor winning her first four races and then finishing FORTH at the end of the regatta.
- LOCOG copping out with their choice of who to light the flame. Pick someone famous innit
- Suspected and proven dope cheats, especially in the middle distance events
- The swimming being all about Michael Phelps and very little else
- Victoria Pendleton making Nicole Cooke look endearing
There's probably more, but that's all I can think of for the moment. Overall it has been fun and made even more enjoyable by being on FSU too.