Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

vCash
    I watched most of the Closing ceremonies. It seems NBC stopped the telecast after the flame went out. They may show the rest later but it's really late and I am tired of staying up late due to NBC's ridiculous schedule for the Olympics. They could have easily shown the closing ceremonies live-it's a Sunday! Instead they chose to start them really late in the evening when I had to get ready to go to work the next morning. Stupid NBC!

I really enjoyed these Olympic games even though I did not get to watch a lot of the events I would have liked to. In the closing ceremonies 'Imagine' was done beautifully. I am not sure I really enjoyed watching some of the performances. On TV it seemed to drag but in person I am sure it was spectacular.

Well done, London! You should be proud.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    This is ridiculously awesome. Clearly, the runners weren't the only ones doping! A bus that turns into a giant undulating octopus with Fatboy Slim as the DJ! Of course!
    Absolutely !!! Duh!!! Silly Amerikuns
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    because none of the athletes know who the WHO are? or even why those really old guys are singing?
    I'm 23, which is similar in age to most of these athletes, and my twitter feed when Pinball Wizard came on was full of my friends (including those as young as 20) asking who the eff was singing Pinball Wizard and where was The Who?

vCash
    I'm trying to figure out how my old college friend who wanted nothing to do with my Monty Python viewing habits back in the 80s was all "ERIC IDLE WOOOHOOOO!" on Facebook during the closing ceremonies. Hmpf.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    There are so many fantastic british musical acts, it must have been hard to not have them all there. I understand some of them were otherwise occupied, but I am surprised there was no Rolling Stones, Peter Gabriel (on tour I think), Adele (or was she early in the broadcast?), Elton John, Led Zepelin, Coldplay (on tour), David Gilmore, etc.

And where was John Cleese? Kept expecting him to join Eric Idle.

Sad I missed George Michael. I was putting my boys to bed when he was on, and NBC bastards haven't left any video of it anywhere.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I'm 23, which is similar in age to most of these athletes, and my twitter feed when Pinball Wizard came on was full of my friends (including those as young as 20) asking who the eff was singing Pinball Wizard and where was The Who?
    I was sort of speaking in jest - because I think that there are a fair number who might have known. But I am pretty sure if you asked my 26 year old, he wouldn't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    There are so many fantastic british musical acts, it must have been hard to not have them all there. I understand some of them were otherwise occupied, but I am surprised there was no Rolling Stones, Peter Gabriel (on tour I think), Adele (or was she early in the broadcast?), Elton John, Led Zepelin, Coldplay (on tour), David Gilmore, etc.

And where was John Cleese? Kept expecting him to join Eric Idle.

Sad I missed George Michael. I was putting my boys to bed when he was on, and NBC bastards haven't left any video of it anywhere.
    Adeles is pregnant, which probably explains her absence. I was surprised there was no mention of the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, and Elton John. Even if they didn't perform, some use of their music would have made sense, especially with the David Bowie homage before the fashion sequence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    I was surprised there was no mention of the Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, and Elton John. Even if they didn't perform, some use of their music would have made sense, especially with the David Bowie homage before the fashion sequence.
    Maybe they wanted $$$ for the use of their music. Definitely a guess, I have no idea.

vCash
    Yes... Elton John would have definitely lifted the standard. Would have been more up my street anyway.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Elton John was in the Opening Ceremony, right? Or am I hallucinating?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Elton John was in the Opening Ceremony, right? Or am I hallucinating?
    You're hallucinating.

Someone mentioned several posts ago that Cold Play will be at the Paralimpics. Maybe one or two of the others mentioned will be there too.

vCash
    IIRC Elton was supposed to be the musical director for the whole thing but there was a battle of egos going on and he dropped out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    IIRC Elton was supposed to be the musical director for the whole thing but there was a battle of egos going on and he dropped out.
    I am so not surprised.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Elton John would think he is a bigger deal than the Olympics.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Elton John would think he is a bigger deal than the Olympics.
    Well, he is
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011