Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

vCash
    I just want to add my, "well done" to the British people. What an awesome Olympics. You all rock! Thanks for the "best games ever.".

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Oh dear, Trevor Nelson is back.

Clare Balding is back with volunteers!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Bruno Resende, the setter for Brazil's men volleyball team, is coach Bernardo Resende's son.
    Today is father's day in Brazil
    That has to suck.
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    PMLLL at the WATTS Olympic moments on Eurosport.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    PMLLL at the WATTS Olympic moments on Eurosport.
    MUst record this later!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I do love Clare Balding. And her hair.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Look at the snatch of that Chinese woman!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Time to unlock the closing ceremony thread!!
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Closing Ceremonies always bum me out.

But I'm sure Brazil's cultural presentation will end things on a Carnival-esque high.

Has HMQ been confirmed for tonight's show?

Thank goodness it's Ginger Rogers night on TCM.
    Same here about the Closing. Don't know about HM though.

Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Ian Thorpe turned up with a camera crew when I was in the middle of my swim this morning, it was the most surreal moment!

I want the Games to go on forever, can't believe it's all so nearly done
    Lucky you!! I can imagine that must have been more than surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Gary Lineker asked Michael Johnson how the Games have been received outside Britain and Johnson replies, "How would I know? I've been here!"

And the end is beginning. Thanks London for awesome Games!! Good on ya Brits!!

vCash
    Gary Lineker is useless as a presenter. Hope the BBC don't have him anywhere near Rio.
    Was Gary Lineker the person interviewing athletes beside the arena, during the athletics?

I thought that person had taken a page of two out of Nelson Monfort's book in terms of being sometimes tactless and a bit too bubbly - though of course he was nowhere near as bad as Nelson who is an embarrassment to the French all the time. I was soooo hoping for Nelson to be fired after he accidentally threw away the twenty years of archive and the life's work of his office mate at France Television, but it didn't happen. :

I mean, how stupid do you have to be to get fired?!!!

vCash
    For those in mourning and in need of therapy - take advantage of the Paralympics. The security is much more relaxed. The atmosphere is still celebratory. They are a lot of fun.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Was Gary Lineker the person interviewing athletes beside the arena, during the athletics?
    No that was Phil Jones and he's nowhere near as bad as Nelson Montfort. Then again who is?

vCash
    No that was Phil Jones and he's nowhere near as bad as Nelson Montfort. Then again who is?
    Good point. My comparison was like setting the qualifying time for 100m sprint at half an hour.

vCash
    Nelson seems to be a life sentence imposed on the French public. He was terrible when I was a kid, he's worse now. I keep hoping he will retire, but he doesn't appear to have an expiry date.
    Fortunately, I was in London for most of these games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Brutal marathon. Hope all the guys are ok and congrats to Uganda for only their 2nd ever OGM. Fabulous achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    It's nice that one of the smaller nations, Lithuainia, nabs the last gold

This has been a great Olympics. Great job, Brits!
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 08-13-2012 at 12:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    For those in mourning and in need of therapy - take advantage of the Paralympics. The security is much more relaxed. The atmosphere is still celebratory. They are a lot of fun.
    I'm so excited for the Paralympic Games! Oscar Pistorius will be competing, and I hope that with the press he's been getting he will draw more attention to these Games. I can't wait to see him race again!

vCash
    Great closing ceremony!

All over...

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Yes, yes and YES!!! I really hope we get to see some of the Paralympics here in Canada somehow. Not only are they fun, but deserve the same amount of attention and respect as their Olympian cousins. If not a wee bit more.

I read an article not too long after the Vancouver Games where someone high up in the Paralympic Movement was quoted as saying in the coming years, Canada, the US and GB will be dominating. When asked why, he stated due to the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans who lost limbs and got turned on to Paralympic Sport either as a way to be able to do something athletic or after seeing the Paralympics in some form.

It's a horrible reason, but also positive in it's way, as I've seen just how Paralympic Sport can make a difference in someone's life who is Disabled.

One advantage Canada's Paralympic Team has over the 2012 Olympic Team though? At least they've got an awesome logo for the Cdn Paralympic Committee. Unlike how the COC's gone back to the Montreal logo after having such an incredable one w/the Cauldron in the Maple Leaf. Not sure why they did that, but considering how cheap and drecky the stuff HBC gave them to wear is, it did fit in w/that.

Awesome Closing Ceremonies and I'm amazed my voice is still working, as I was singing along to every song I knew. Oddest thing though, is I was bawling when the Olympic Flag came down, the Games officially closed and then the dousing of the Cauldron and I haven't got a clue why either!! I wasn't this emotional for the end of the Games in Vancouver, so...Figure that one out!!

They really were great Games and WTG London and Great Britain!! Rio's got a tough job to follow up w/how you did.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post

It's a horrible reason, but also positive in it's way, as I've seen just how Paralympic Sport can make a difference in someone's life who is Disabled.
    I can't see anything positive about fighting in a pointless war, having your limbs blown off and your life marred.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I can't see anything positive about fighting in a pointless war, having your limbs blown off and your life marred.
    Agreed. But participating in a Paralympic sport can be a positive in your life after a terrible event. For example, a friend of mine lost both legs in a car accident and learning how to play sledge hockey is something that has brought him a lot of joy.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast