Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
I can't see anything positive about fighting in a pointless war, having your limbs blown off and your life marred.
Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
Agreed. But participating in a Paralympic sport can be a positive in your life after a terrible event. For example, a friend of mine lost both legs in a car accident and learning how to play sledge hockey is something that has brought him a lot of joy.
Which is what I meant and Thanks Alixana. Sigh...Should have realized someone would read it the way you did Fred. Strangely, I thought it was clear enough what I meant, but obviously not.

Alixana, awesome for your friend!! Love watching Sledge Hockey whenever I get the chance, which isn't often enough. TSN's been pretty good the last few years showing it when there's an important game for Canada though. I was also delighted to see there's now a really impressive display for both our Sledge Hockey history/Team and the Deaf/Hard of Hearing National Team at the Hockey Hall of Fame the last time I visited it. It also holds pride of place as the display in front of/right across from the steps up to the Hall of Honour where the Trophies, Stanley Cup and the Roll of Honoured Members is. Or at least it did the last time I was there.

It always amazes me just how fast they can pivot those things during a game. It's so entertaining and fun. Just wish they got shown more..