Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thankfully, NBC learned from it's faux-pas re: the Opening Ceremony and WILL INDEED be streaming the Closing Ceremony LIVE starting at 4pm ET.

Bring on the Spice Girls!!!

[suep1963 beat me to it! ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    I wonder which medal table Russia will use to sum up these games
    They won more gold medal and medals than Beijing, I think they will be happy. They have a huge hole in their swimming program, and needs to improve the facilities if they want to challenge China and USA (and now GBR). Russia can't have a weak first week and then hope to come good on the second week.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    I love how these horses in the MP look totally disinterested mainly

OK, I know a horse looks like a horse but you know what I mean, the 'proper' showjumping horses look more 'with it'

Street Chav horses for Modern Pentathlon!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Khoklova of UKR in MP

Prick Admin
    vCash
    These horses are ghetto!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Vacant
    vCash
    Was going so well for Sam Murray Still she'll be no lower than 5th after the showjumping.

vCash
    I love this horse (cognale?)

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Coach K puts another one in the bag. He's not going to coach any more Olympic teams.

Spain did a good job and kept the game close.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Ireland in joint tenth going into combined event in MP. Good showing for the first time we have a competitor in.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Vacant
    vCash
    Sam Murray in 4th and only 8 seconds behind the leaders for the final run/shoot. Should be exciting

vCash
    Is it wrong that I'm already in mourning? It's not over yet but it soon will be. And that makes me so sad.

vCash
    The Government has confirmed that the funding that was put in place for these games will be maintained. Good news for British sport

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i hope the wait until the next london olympics isnt as long as the one from 48 to 2102. the british are really good at this.
    We shouldn't have to wait for another British Olympics - I don't see why we cannot bid to hold the winter olympics and hold it in Scotland. Salt Lake City has a warmer climate than the United Kingdom and was able to host the winter olympics, and artificial snow has been used at winter olympics ever since Lake Placid in 1980. Another reason given as to why we have never bid is that we don't have the facilities in our alpine areas. However, the answer to that is simple - build them, and it would leave a great legacy in terms of giving our winter sports athletes better facilities to train for all future winter olympics. And an added benefit would be that British figure skating would finally receive the funding it deserves - finally, the prospect of British figure skaters competing for medals - something not seen since the early 1980's. Winter sports have always been viewed as the poor relation in the UK - hence, the collapse in funding. A winter olympics in this country would change all that. Hence, I think Inverness/Aviemore or one of the large Scottish cities should launch a bid to host the 2022 or 2026 winter olympics!
    Last edited by Maofan7; 08-12-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    Is it wrong that I'm already in mourning? It's not over yet but it soon will be. And that makes me so sad.

Me too. I am always sad when it is over.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Closing Ceremonies always bum me out.

But I'm sure Brazil's cultural presentation will end things on a Carnival-esque high.

Has HMQ been confirmed for tonight's show?

Thank goodness it's Ginger Rogers night on TCM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    They won more gold medal and medals than Beijing, I think they will be happy. They have a huge hole in their swimming program, and needs to improve the facilities if they want to challenge China and USA (and now GBR). Russia can't have a weak first week and then hope to come good on the second week.
    Russia is also still dealing with its gymnastics collapse. 2004 and 2008 saw no wins in any gymnastics event and 2012 saw one win. It needs to improve to its 1996 and 2000 level as to where it can actually win more events. The talent was close in 2012 and Mustafina won a gold but it is still dealing with inferiority in womens and mens. More mens than womens gymnastics.

It is also very wrong to totally ignore swimming in every way. So many opportunities to win gold!

vCash
    Ian Thorpe turned up with a camera crew when I was in the middle of my swim this morning, it was the most surreal moment!

I want the Games to go on forever, can't believe it's all so nearly done

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    We shouldn't have to wait for another British Olympics - I don't see why we cannot bid to hold the winter olympics and hold it in Scotland. Salt Lake City has a warmer climate than the United Kingdom and was able to host the winter olympics, and artificial snow has been used at winter olympics ever since Lake Placid in 1980. Another reason given as to why we have never bid is that we don't have the facilities in our alpine areas. However, the answer to that is simple - build them, and it would leave a great legacy in terms of giving our winter sports athletes better facilities to train for all future winter olympics. And an added benefit would be that British figure skating would finally receive the funding it deserves - finally, the prospect of British figure skaters competing for medals - something not seen since the early 1980's. Winter sports have always been viewed as the poor relation in the UK - hence, the collapse in funding. A winter olympics in this country would change all that. Hence, I think Inverness/Aviemore or one of the large Scottish cities should launch a bid to host the 2026 winter olympics!
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but the UK hosting a winter olympics is as likely to happen as Ireland hosting a summer one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    The Government has confirmed that the funding that was put in place for these games will be maintained. Good news for British sport

We shouldn't have to - I don't see why we cannot bid to hold the winter olympics and hold it in Scotland. Salt Lake City has a warmer climate than the United Kingdom and was able to host the winter olympics, and artificial snow has been used at winter olympics ever since Lake Placid in 1980. Another reason given as to why we have never bid is that we don't have the facilities in our alpine areas. However, the answer to that is simple - build them, and it would leave a great legacy in terms of giving our winter sports athletes better facilities to train for all future winter olympics. And an added benefit would be that British figure skating would finally receive the funding it deserves - finally, the prospect of British figure skaters competing for medals - something not seen since the early 1980's. Winter sports have always been viewed as the poor relation in the UK - hence, the collapse in funding. A winter olympics in this country would change all that. Hence, I think Inverness/Aviemore or one of the large Scottish cities should launch a bid to host the 2026 winter olympics!
    Go for it. However, you might have a better comparison with Vancouver. The big difference between Scotland and Salt Lake (or Vancouver) is the size of the mountains. Also, the reason Salt Lake might seem to have a warmer climate is because of the desert summers - hot and dry. The winters are really winters and the mountains get lots of snow - even in bad winters.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    I'm at the thought of the UK hosting a Winter Olympics , not that it's particularly warm here or anything but just
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Salt Lake City might have a warm climate, but that area has the best skiing in the USA...they definetly get winter.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast