Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Age
    41
    Posts
    8,565
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1475

    Looks like the ugly Brasilians have arrived

    They were completely classless in their display when winning volleyball.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

  2. #2
    Failing her snatch
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    The Isles Of Wonder :P
    Age
    42
    Posts
    16,439
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    5708
    Didn't see it, what did they do? Blow smoke in someone's face?
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Vaca Lechera factory
    Posts
    10,018
    vCash
    214
    Rep Power
    5088
    But do "ugly" Brazilians exist?
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

  4. #4
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    41,873
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    12218
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    They were completely classless in their display when winning volleyball.
    Did they show their g-strings?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    But the Brazilians were unstoppable, just as they were in the match. Right away, they joined hands with their coaches and danced in a gigantic circle as if it they were in the final hour of a particularly rowdy wedding.
    Meh they sound like the ugly American soccer team.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    But the Brazilians were unstoppable, just as they were in the match. Right away, they joined hands with their coaches and danced in a gigantic circle as if it they were in the final hour of a particularly rowdy wedding.
    As the Americans stood on the medals stand, some red-eyed after sobbing, the Brazilians danced in circles, sang, did somersaults and pretended to box with one another. They had just beaten the Americans, who had been favored to win.
    Meh they sound like the ugly American soccer team.

    Oh and there isn't much class when someone on your team is called Destinee Hooker.

    http://blog.chron.com/olympics/2012/...ation-amusing/ lol
    Last edited by gingercrush; 08-12-2012 at 09:41 AM.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    434
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    238
    I thought it looked like a great and fun celebration, maybe the US women were just very bitter and could not take being second. Winners should be allowed to have a great time. And you can also celebrate silver as was proven by the US high jumper Brigetta Barrett, she was really cute and very happy about her medal.

  8. #8
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    41,873
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    12218
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    I thought it looked like a great and fun celebration, maybe the US women were just very bitter and could not take being second.
    I'll bet they had their best McKayla Maroney/Not Impressed faces on and all while the Brazilians were .
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Congrats to Brazillian women's team on their win.
    They thrive on keeping their energy high, and it really is an essential part of their game.
    Too bad that Logan Tom missed out on OGM again. It was probably her last chance.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 08-12-2012 at 02:21 PM.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, Englandia.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    12,272
    vCash
    581
    Rep Power
    0
    Brasil!!!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Meh they sound like the ugly American soccer team.

    Oh and there isn't much class when someone on your team is called Destinee Hooker.

    http://blog.chron.com/olympics/2012/...ation-amusing/ lol
    LOL at article. There's a few things I want to elaborate as a londonner. I doubt Brazilians are the only ones cheering for Brazil at the games, I'd say majority of the Britain would do too (especially those from the Stratford area).

    Anyone from London will able to tell you Brazilians are among the most popular nationality in London, just ask around, especially among the creative industry. They are just too cool, fun, free, unafraid to show their thirst and passion for life. The perpetual underdog, similar to Britain. Their outpouring emotion always feels genuine and not over bearing; and they are capable of taking their losses gracefully and don't have that off putting entitlement attitude. US suffers in comparison, especially after the public jeering of the 'blah' comments from the American 'representatives' that dominated the Olympic headlines, starting from Mitt Romney, then John Leonard, then of course that Ugly American article everyone refers to etc. Even Michael Phelps failed to enliven good feel factor when he admit he too - pees in the pool, just like Lochte. Yeww....

  12. #12
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    41,873
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    12218
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post

    Anyone from London will able to tell you Brazilians are among the most popular nationality in London
    Not the Irish?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, Englandia.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    12,272
    vCash
    581
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    LOL at article. There's a few things I want to elaborate as a londonner. I doubt Brazilians are the only ones cheering for Brazil at the games, I'd say majority of the Britain would do too (especially those from the Stratford area).

    Anyone from London will able to tell you Brazilians are among the most popular nationality in London, just ask around, especially among the creative industry. They are just too cool, fun, free, unafraid to show their thirst and passion for life. The perpetual underdog, similar to Britain. Their outpouring emotion always feels genuine and not over bearing; and they are capable of taking their losses gracefully and don't have that off putting entitlement attitude.

    Awwwww. As a Brazilian-Englishman, I shed a little tear reading this

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    12,995
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    0
    “They’re very hot-blooded. You know, South Americans, they like to dance, shake their booty. They are who they are. I am who I am.”
    Can not wait for Rio 2016. Might as well say it now, Best Olympics ever!

  15. #15
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    vera ellen's turtleneck museum
    Posts
    29,825
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    21538
    would it save money to have all of the olympics in london?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  16. #16
    Resident Rude Brazilian
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Nobunari Oda School of Arithmetics
    Posts
    3,025
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6680
    I thought their behaviour while the other teams were receiving their medals was pretty classless. They were the winners, but it was someone else's moment. Shut the feck up for a second or two.
    And I'm brazilian.

    It was just out of happiness, no gloating, but they should have toned it down at that point.

    They had to tumble across the court at the end because the court was too full of stuff and people and they couldn't dive on the court like they usually do when they win a tournment.

    That said: go men's team!!
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I saw the celebration---I am an American---I thought it was fun to watch. Much ado about nothing imho.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jani-Ayil
    Posts
    3,313
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Oh and there isn't much class when someone on your team is called Destinee Hooker.
    And there isn't much class when you make fun of someone's name.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,889
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    3283
    i salute Destinee Hooker for reaching so far in life even with the name, Can you image what her high school life might have been? she is a big Girl i think she could handle it and give it back.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jani-Ayil
    Posts
    3,313
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    i salute Destinee Hooker for reaching so far in life even with the name, Can you image what her high school life might have been? she is a big Girl i think she could handle it and give it back.
    She was interviewed on NBC during the games and said she was teased a lot when she was growing up. Probably by mean girls like gingercrush.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •