View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peggy Fleming

54 32.53%
  • Dorothy Hamill

36 21.69%
  • Katarina Witt

22 13.25%
  • Yuna Kim

54 32.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I voted off Hamill because I feel she's the one who least changed skating.

I think Witt will win this even tho I'm not into her skating. Winning two olympic Gold = she was one tough lady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    I voted Yuna.. not a fan.
    This, is, the most logical reason I've ever seen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    I said Yuna of 2010 would not be competitive in figures, which is a fair assumption given she's never had to practice them.
    Which is a ridiculous statement with NO relevance on your behalf as figures arent even a part of competition today, so why should she be evaluated on something she wasnt even asked to practice nor compete. By contrast free skating was still the majority of the score back then, atleast when Witt and Hamill skated, so it is far to evaluated both women by the quality of their free skating atleast for their own eras (which even for her own era was nothing great when it comes to Witt, I already admited I am impressed with Hamill), and in the case of those who can be evaluated by figures neither Witt or Hamill were great at those either, while Fleming obviously was.

As to the rest, see above. We aren't comparing hypothetical skaters that could have been totally different under whatever circumstances, which makes your claim of Yunas clear superiority considering the others' era ridiculous.
    I said even considering eras the caliber of her skating is easily superior to the others on this list, except for possibly Hamill. That isnt such a complicated statement.

As to the big konspiracy in favour of Schuba from mighty Austria or Witt from mighty GDR .
    I never implied Schuba was held up in figures. I know her figures were absolutely briliant. I stated her as an example that one cant always tell the quailty of figures just by watching free skating. Learn to read.

Lacking any proof of them being upheld in figures, I'm more inclined to go with those that were around at the time.
    LOL everyone who was around at the time was aware that Witt was propped up in figures placings often. As for proof watch the video of her laughable compulsory figures in Calgary where she almost came to a dead stop on several occasions and traced tiny uneven tracings. I doubt her figures were even any better than Midori Ito's. There are other videos of her doing figures, and they are all unimpressive to put it mildly. As already mentioned I never stated or implied Schuba was held up in figures, and in fact I stated previously it was ridiculous the greatest figures skater ever was voted off so soon, even if her free skating was a duck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    As already mentioned I never stated or implied Schuba was held up in figures, and in fact I stated previously it was ridiculous the greatest figures skater ever was voted off so soon, even if her free skating was a duck.
    This. Toller Cranston even stated that, if anything, Schuba was undermarked for her figures. she was THAT good.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    Winning two olympic Gold = she was one tough lady.
    or

Winning two olympic Gold = she was one lucky lady.

The skating itself was never much to write home about.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    or

Winning two olympic Gold = she was one lucky lady.

The skating itself was never much to write home about.

vCash
    Just about 9 hours left to get your votes in!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12