View Poll Results: Who is the weakest link?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Peggy Fleming

10 6.99%
  • Dorothy Hamill

12 8.39%
  • Katarina Witt

11 7.69%
  • Kristi Yamaguchi

66 46.15%
  • Yuna Kim

44 30.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: LADIES Round 5

Here we go, Round 5 -- Ladies!

In Round 4, we said goodbye to:

6th place: TARA LIPINSKI

We eliminate one skater per round.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    really Yuna is going next? -_-

vCash
    It kind of blows my mind that the skater with possibly the most perfect two programs in Olympic history appears to be the next one to go over someone like Yamaguchi, whose program was far from perfect.

vCash
    This isnt just based on oly performances

vCash
    Yamaguchi

vCash
    Kristi Yamaguchi, like last time

vCash
    I think Fleming should go but since it is clear she wont I voted for Yamaguchi only since her OGM winning performance was sluggish and dissapointing, and I am dissapointed she didnt come back to win a 2nd gold in 94.

vCash
    Kristi is the weakest link in this round IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I think Fleming should go but since it is clear she wont I voted for Yamaguchi only since her OGM winning performance was sluggish and dissapointing, and I am dissapointed she didnt come back to win a 2nd gold in 94.
    Yep, except for the part about Fleming.

vCash
    I voted Yamaguchi, but it's hard to compare some of these people because as time went on, jumps and things became more difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I agree with you and voted the same way this time.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    This is a joke. Dorothy and Peggy aren't anywhere near as good as the others. The sport has evolved, meaning the skaters have gotten better and better.

vCash
    Yeah, and Dorothy and Peggy are old 'n stuff too. They can't even do double jumps now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    This is a joke. Dorothy and Peggy aren't anywhere near as good as the others. The sport has evolved, meaning the skaters have gotten better and better.

Thanks for the hearty laugh! You are a gifted comedian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by satchelpooch318 View Post

Thanks for the hearty laugh! You are a gifted comedian.
    I feel like Fleming and Hamill may obviously be better at things such as figures, but otherwise their technical was clearly lacking compared to the other skaters. Not only that, since the new system was put into effect, skating has really gotten a lot more intricate. When you watch programs from 15 or so years ago, all you see is skate-skate-skate- jump. Now you see tons of connecting steps and intricate moves, jumps that are seamlessly linked with footwork, etc.

vCash
    I think Hamill might be the best pure skater of the whole group in many ways. Fleming on the other hand never amazed me even considering her era, and her free skate at the 68 Olympics was lamer than Hamilton's winning skate.

vCash
    I feel like Fleming and Hamill may obviously be better at things such as figures, but otherwise their technical was clearly lacking compared to the other skaters. Not only that, since the new system was put into effect, skating has really gotten a lot more intricate. When you watch programs from 15 or so years ago, all you see is skate-skate-skate- jump. Now you see tons of connecting steps and intricate moves, jumps that are seamlessly linked with footwork, etc.
    now do you dig this hole for yourself with a shovel, or are you using more advanced technology?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    now do you dig this hole for yourself with a shovel, or are you using more advanced technology?
    Meh, shovels are sooooooooo 19th century. If it or anything else came into prominence more than ten years ago -- y'know, during the Stone Age -- then it's obviously useless and not worth anyone's attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by satchelpooch318 View Post
    Meh, shovels are sooooooooo 19th century. If it or anything else came into prominence more than ten years ago -- y'know, during the Stone Age -- then it's obviously useless and not worth anyone's attention.
    Every sport evolves - figure skating included. The skaters of yesteryear wouldn't stand a chance in competition against the top Juniors.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    The skaters of yesteryear wouldn't stand a chance in competition against the top Juniors.
    I feel like I've heard this before from fans of Caroline Zhang, Mirai Nagasu, Adam Rippon, Naomi Nari Nam, Christina Gao, Nobunari Oda, the list goes on and on and on, and we've only seen evidence that the opposite is true, so . Sasha Cohen and Mao Asada certainly did not achieve everything that was predicted for them either.

I don't know how many times it can be said, but I'll say it again, success and potential in the junior level does not always translate into success in the senior level.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 08-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast