Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I vote for suede. I love it and have six or seven pairs of suede shoes and boots, all of which were tidily put away last week for the fall. OTOH, it rains so much in London that it might not be a great purchase there.

There are really, really weird bootie sandals out there like this: http://www.aintnomomjeans.com/2012/0...e-sandals.html. Don't get those, please?
    I'm actually beginning to think that you guys think that it rains here a lot more than it does Last year was exceptional - one of the wettest on record. I think it's rained once in the last week. That means 6 days where suede is appropriate!

That said...light suede...not the best idea maybe.
    That said...light coloured suede...possibly not the best idea.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I'm actually beginning to think that you guys think that it rains here a lot more than it does Last year was exceptional - one of the wettest on record. I think it's rained once in the last week. That means 6 days where suede is appropriate!

That said...light suede...not the best idea maybe.
    That said...light coloured suede...possibly not the best idea.
    It's not just rain that will mark up suede. Anything that spills, puddles from other sources. I love the look of suede, but never buy it because it doesn't hold up as well. Maybe I'm just too OCD with my shoes looking pristine !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    It's not just rain that will mark up suede. Anything that spills, puddles from other sources. I love the look of suede, but never buy it because it doesn't hold up as well. Maybe I'm just too OCD with my shoes looking pristine !
    Maybe. I'm hard on shoes. These aren't going to last me years! I walk everywhere. I don't have a transport card any more, I just have my feet. I've worn out more pairs of shoes in the last year than my parents have bought combined. I change into nice shoes at work if need be, but generally...if they look pristine, I haven't worn them

Yeah. Going with leather!

vCash
    How about Aquatalia booties? Maybe something like this one or this?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I would like someone to please explain to me how is this a good idea, ever.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I'm with you.
    UGH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    There are really, really weird bootie sandals out there like this: http://www.aintnomomjeans.com/2012/0...e-sandals.html. Don't get those, please?
    Those are terrible! I can't believe that blog is loving them.

Random side note: What is this quote all about? "Meeting childless friends at a summer music fest? Sport these babies on with a pooch-hiding boho dress and a denim vest" Childless friends? Is that how people are seeing the world these days: parents and non-parents? I realize this is a mom blog, but still. UGH.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I don't care if I sounds traditional but if it's cold enough to wear booties, wear booties. Otherwise wear sandals. That mom would look much better in yoga pants and running shoes than in that pencil skirt that is more work appropriate, a tank and those things on her feet.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Maybe if you're elderly and wear adult diapers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Maybe if you're elderly and wear adult diapers?
    And they hide said adult diapers?

Cruisin, I was thinking the same thing

I've seen girls wear things like this...they don't look good.

vCash
    Someone should show the girls who wear those a picture of how terrible they look in them.
    I know there are people who don't seem to care; but, I surely would.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Those are terrible! I can't believe that blog is loving them.

Random side note: What is this quote all about? "Meeting childless friends at a summer music fest? Sport these babies on with a pooch-hiding boho dress and a denim vest" Childless friends? Is that how people are seeing the world these days: parents and non-parents? I realize this is a mom blog, but still. UGH.
    Yes. Many people do that. I posted on FB last week complaining about being in a store where a mother was roaming around for the entire time I was there (15-20 minutes) screaming the names of her children at the top of her lungs. A "friend" responded by telling me that if I had children I would understand such behavior. Same woman constantly tells me that it must be nice that I do not have to cook, clean or do laundry. Because couples without children never eat, live in squalor and wear dirty clothing. Then there are the endless responses to every single tragedy known to humankind of "as a parent, I feel so horrible about this". Because, you know, childless people have no regard for human life and when people die in a bombing attack, we say "Oh, hmm. Whatever" and go on.

Also, OT, booties and sandals should not be crossed in any way. Of course, neither should pajamas and jeans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Yes. Many people do that. I posted on FB last week complaining about being in a store where a mother was roaming around for the entire time I was there (15-20 minutes) screaming the names of her children at the top of her lungs. A "friend" responded by telling me that if I had children I would understand such behavior. Same woman constantly tells me that it must be nice that I do not have to cook, clean or do laundry. Because couples without children never eat, live in squalor and wear dirty clothing. Then there are the endless responses to every single tragedy known to humankind of "as a parent, I feel so horrible about this". Because, you know, childless people have no regard for human life and when people die in a bombing attack, we say "Oh, hmm. Whatever" and go on.
    Oh, a sanctimommy. Report her to STFU Parents, you'll feel much better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Oh, a sanctimommy. Report her to STFU Parents, you'll feel much better
    I agree. Sanctimonious parents are obnoxious. However, it goes both ways. I really hate it when people who don't have children tell me how to raise my kids. My husband's brother and his wife don't have kids and they can be real a$$holes about my kid's responsibility to THEM.

vCash
    I agree. Sanctimonious parents are obnoxious. However, it goes both ways. I really hate it when people who don't have children tell me how to raise my kids. My husband's brother and his wife don't have kids and they can be real a$$holes about my kid's responsibility to THEM.
    I don't think parents should be told how to raise their kids by anyone, regardless of whether that person does or doesn't have children. So long as they are trying to do well by their child(ren) and there is nothing abusive going on, it's their call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I don't think parents should be told how to raise their kids by anyone, regardless of whether that person does or doesn't have children. So long as they are trying to do well by their child(ren) and there is nothing abusive going on, it's their call.
    True.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    It reminds me of the time that a good friend of mine who lived out of state introduced me to her local friends as "my secular friend vesperholly". I mean, yeah, but WTF?

I LOVE STFU Parents. Hilarious, and makes me grateful that almost all the parents on my Facebook post lovely pictures and anecdotes. No poop.

Back OT: I bought a pair of mint green skinny jeans from Target (this shade) and I LOVE them! Being a plus-sized gal as well as bottom-heavy, I always thought skinny jeans would look terrible. But they are actually good looking, quite comfortable and I felt so fashionable wearing them.

vCash
    The only way those sandal boots could be worse is if they were knee length. The bad news is that do make them in a knee length Roman Gladiator style.

I have two pairs of ankle boots from the '90's in the lace up, work boot style, and two pairs of contemporary ankle boots that zip up from 9 West. They are comfortable, affordable, and look nice.

Come to think of it, someone at work who wears those sandal boots when she's not wearing striper heels made mention that my '90's boots with modest heels that cover all my toes were not work appropriate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Back OT: I bought a pair of mint green skinny jeans from Target (this shade) and I LOVE them! Being a plus-sized gal as well as bottom-heavy, I always thought skinny jeans would look terrible. But they are actually good looking, quite comfortable and I felt so fashionable wearing them.
    Enjoy them!

Quadless
    vCash
    In this vintage version (2008!) of Illusion Mesh Fabric, Tanith Belbin leads the charge of the sandal bootie onto the fashion scene. (I think you might need to be an IN subscriber to see the video.)
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast