Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    You all need to see this. Someone please change his diaper!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    You all need to see this. Someone please change his diaper!
    Somebody please tell him he looks like an idiot.

vCash
    UGH!

vCash
    WEDDING UPDATE!

My dress came in today. I ordered it in navy and it's beautiful! It will need some alteration, even though they ordered it to my measurements (which are not normal ). First time in my life I ever put a dress on that was too long! It will need to be shortened a bit. And the lining needs to be taken in, it's buckling under the lace. But, I'm very happy! I decided to keep the Stuart Weitzman shoes. They are beyond comfortable and I am over the cost now . My daughter's dress comes in in June and then it's full steam ahead. We have the date, the place, daughter's dress, my dress, bridesmaids dresses, photographer, band, the venue has an in house florist and makes the cake (so that's set), engagement photos were taken and the save the dates went out. Hotel has been blocked. Shower is scheduled for June. Now they have to register, been on them to do that for months now - Grrrr ! Flower girl should be going for a dress in April. Guys will go for tuxes soon. Need to do the formal invitations. Need to find a hair person. Our stylist doesn't do weddings. Everyone doing their own make-up. Hate when brides look like someone else, with tons of unnatural make-up.

vCash
    I'm leaving for my niece's wedding at about Noon, tomorrow.
    Pre-wedding celebration tomorrow night.

Wedding and reception Saturday, here:
    http://www.digclub.org/services.html

Home, Sunday,
    Looking forward to being there, and celebrating with Tammy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I'm leaving for my niece's wedding at about Noon, tomorrow.
    Pre-wedding celebration tomorrow night.

Wedding and reception Saturday, here:
    http://www.digclub.org/services.html

Home, Sunday,
    Looking forward to being there, and celebrating with Tammy!
    It looks lovely! Have a wonderful time. Lots of good wishes for Tammy and her groom. May they have a life filled with love, health, & happiness.

vCash
    I need shoe help! And who better to ask?

I am going to buy some ankle boots to wear with jeans and see me through the warm summer months. Ha! English summer, so...cool summer months The question is....suede or leather? AND...black or tan?

Such decisions
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    My opinion: Suede is more wintery, and it is harder to keep clean. You can spray them, but water can still spot them, and the spray can darken the suede. If you don't have black booties already, I would go for black - they are a staple. Tan is nice, if you already have black. But black is seasonless and goes with everything.

vCash
    If you don't have black booties already, I would go for black - they are a staple.
    My thinking, as well.
    There are such a variety of "booties" available now.
    You'll have many options.

vCash
    There's actually no variety where I am. I'm looking through an online sale of last season's stuff...stores are well into their summer collections here now!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I always think of shoes this way: do they elongate the line of my leg? If your jeans flare from the knee, it doesn't really matter as your booties will hidden from view most of the time. But if the jeans are skinny, think of it this way: a dark wash calls for black boots, a lighter wash--tan.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 04-14-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    In London, I would definitely go with leather. I never wore my suede shoes in London.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i am hard on shoes and cant keep anything suede like decent looking for more than 10 minutes
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Where to find booties in the "off season"? Zappos.com! Yes, I ♥ zappos, can't you guys tell?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    In London, I would definitely go with leather. I never wore my suede shoes in London.
    I wore black suede wedges to work nearly every day last summer. But I know what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i am hard on shoes and cant keep anything suede like decent looking for more than 10 minutes
    I'm horrifically hard on shoes too...I think leather is winning!

Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Where to find booties in the "off season"? Zappos.com! Yes, I ♥ zappos, can't you guys tell?
    Sadly, not such a great site for me. International shipping is a nightmare!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I wore black suede wedges to work nearly every day last summer. But I know what you mean
    I think that answers your question about color. Black seems to be a got to for you. I would go with the black leather.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I think that answers your question about color. Black seems to be a got to for you. I would go with the black leather.
    Not necessarily. That was for work. I can guarantee that the boots I'm looking at would never be worn to work anyway

Everyone here is saying black leather. All my other friends are saying tan suede. Is the universe suggesting I get both?

vCash
    If you can find shoes that you want, at a price you want to pay, certainly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Not necessarily. That was for work. I can guarantee that the boots I'm looking at would never be worn to work anyway

Everyone here is saying black leather. All my other friends are saying tan suede. Is the universe suggesting I get both?
    You are asking the wrong person (in me). I would get black, dark brown, and tan. But, I shy away from suede. It will show marks and it stretches out more than leather. Show us the boots you're looking at, please .

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I vote for suede. I love it and have six or seven pairs of suede shoes and boots, all of which were tidily put away last week for the fall. OTOH, it rains so much in London that it might not be a great purchase there.

There are really, really weird bootie sandals out there like this: http://www.aintnomomjeans.com/2012/0...e-sandals.html. Don't get those, please?
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast