Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

vCash
    That's spectacular!
    If it looks right on you, go for it.

Can you find a "deal" anywhere?

vCash
    Thanks, it really is spectacular! I can't get a deal on it, because I have to order it. They have sample sizes in the store and then you order your size. I also want to get it in a very dark navy rather than black. The sample sizes they have in the bridal stores for mothers are about a size 14. Way too big, but even clamped, it looked fantastic! Covers my prominent collar bones and chest ribs! .

vCash
    If you don't mind telling me; how much is it?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Found another dress, it looks really nice on. The price is holding me back, a lot more than I wanted to spend. But I haven't found anything else, even close. http://rosetaft.com/rose-taft-couture/ Go to the site, click on the right arrow and click on # 27. It is style #6860.
    That's lovely, cruisin, but again you have to be quite tall to wear that successfully. Will you be able to wear it again after the wedding? It seems so to me, doesn't look mom-of-the-bride at all...

And I already got the Anthro sale yesterday and bought this, which I had been eyeing for some time and waiting to go to half price: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/...s/25186586.jsp.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    PRlady...one of the things I liked about the dress is that it didn't look like MOB.
    I love your skirt.

vCash
    I would actually need to wear, at least, 3" heels to wear it. And I'm already 5'10". It doesn't look MOB at all, which I like. But, I don't really go anywhere where I need a gown. It could easily be cut to cocktail length, but that would really be a shame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    That's lovely, cruisin, but again you have to be quite tall to wear that successfully. Will you be able to wear it again after the wedding? It seems so to me, doesn't look mom-of-the-bride at all...

And I already got the Anthro sale yesterday and bought this, which I had been eyeing for some time and waiting to go to half price: http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/...s/25186586.jsp.
    That skirt is darling. What kind of blouse or sweater are you wearing with it?

I would actually need to wear, at least, 3" heels to wear it. And I'm already 5'10". It doesn't look MOB at all, which I like. But, I don't really go anywhere where I need a gown. It could easily be cut to cocktail length, but that would really be a shame.
    The dress is gorgeous but I think it will be stunning cut off too & it will be a lot more versatile when it's shortened.

vCash
    Found another dress, it looks really nice on. The price is holding me back, a lot more than I wanted to spend. But I haven't found anything else, even close. http://rosetaft.com/rose-taft-couture/ Go to the site, click on the right arrow and click on # 27. It is style #6860.
    That dress is GORGEOUS!!! If you do decide to cut it off you can save the fabric and maybe use it as a photo book cover, or use it to cover a picture frame, or as matting for a photo.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    That skirt is darling. What kind of blouse or sweater are you wearing with it?

Simple black sweater: http://www.garnethill.com/gathered-d...Index=7...also was half-priced when I got it. I'm being very careful this season, other than one splurge leather jacket, I've bought only a few things on sale.

vCash
    Yes, PRLady, Love the skirt. Can't see the sweater, though.

Skatesindreams, found a Marchesa dress, very similar to the one I posted. Only problem is it's couture and way, way, way more $$$ http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Marche...&cmCat=product I plan to keep looking, but I almost wish I hadn't seen that dress. You sort of know when it's perfect and everything else will be compared to it.

vCash
    Holy crap, my first car barely cost more than that dress. 8-o Insane. But so lovely! I hope you're able to find one that fits into your price range better. Now that you know what style you like, you should be able to find similar ones...have you tried Ebay?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I have been professionally measured by a bra lady and turns out I've been wearing a wrong size my whole life. I am a 32B, not a 34A or it's a ploy to get me to buy new bras. I did buy a couple and they are very comfortable.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I have been professionally measured by a bra lady and turns out I've been wearing a wrong size my whole life. I am a 32B, not a 34A or it's a ploy to get me to buy new bras. I did buy a couple and they are very comfortable.
    This is apparently the most common mistake American women make -- too small in the cup and too big in the band. (I figured this out some years back, going from a 38D to 36DD. It's possible that now having lost weight I am really a 34DDD but I'm afraid to get measured and find that out....)

Anyway, we missed you around here, IA. I figured you were taking a sabbatical until the election was over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Holy crap, my first car barely cost more than that dress. 8-o Insane. But so lovely! I hope you're able to find one that fits into your price range better. Now that you know what style you like, you should be able to find similar ones...have you tried Ebay?
    Twice as much as my first car. Of course that was 40 years ago! I only posted that dress because, in looking for a (less expensive) dress similar to the one I really like, all I did was find one about quadruple the $$$$$.

I did that a few years ago. Only they decided that I needed to go from 32DD to 34D. The cup fits better but the back strap rides up. And it's on the smallest hook. A 32D doesn't fit, so....? The problem is, I need the 32 because I am so small around my rib cage. But the 32D, the cups are too close together and they cut into the outsides of my breasts.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yikes, cruisin. Custom made bras? Does this even exist?

PRLady, I didn't realize how common that mistake was. I have always been so confident about wearing the correct bra size and thought that straps falling, bras riding up and down was part of the deal. How silly do I feel now...

Got this thing in black: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/betsey-j...8A8&origin=pla

Very cute, comfy and stays in place. Who knew?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    ETA: I also got this Natori bra: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/natori-f...r&resultback=0 one in cafe and one in cream. They were on sale last weekend but it looks like not anymore. Love them.

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Those are so cute. Sigh. I wear Wacoals with more support than those.

I realize this is probably not the thread for this but I am, at this belated stage in life, seriously considering breast reduction surgery. As those of you who have met me know, I have a really small frame. Now I've lost seven pounds. Small-framed women who weigh 135 should not have DD or DDD boobs, it's starting to bother my shoulders and upper back.

Over fifty, as I've written, the large get larger and the small get smaller. I can either just live with this the rest of my life or sacrifice a month, feel like crap (I have the sick leave) and fix it for once and for all.

Anyone who wants to yell at me not to do it, go right ahead. I have mixed feelings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Those are so cute. Sigh. I wear Wacoals with more support than those.

I realize this is probably not the thread for this but I am, at this belated stage in life, seriously considering breast reduction surgery. As those of you who have met me know, I have a really small frame. Now I've lost seven pounds. Small-framed women who weigh 135 should not have DD or DDD boobs, it's starting to bother my shoulders and upper back.

Over fifty, as I've written, the large get larger and the small get smaller. I can either just live with this the rest of my life or sacrifice a month, feel like crap (I have the sick leave) and fix it for once and for all.

Anyone who wants to yell at me not to do it, go right ahead. I have mixed feelings.
    My sister-in-law did it about 15 years ago and says it was the single best decision of her life.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am not going to yell at you. On the contrary--several patients of mine had done it for medical reasons (back pain, etc.) and are very happy with the results. Our clinic arranged the referral on my advice in one of these cases. Of course, the usual risks of surgery and anesthesia apply. And they MAY grow back, believe it or not. But again, quite a few satisfied patients.

So...gulp...small get smaller? How much smaller can they get? I may consider going the other direction. I do want to have some boobs left after 50.

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I am not going to yell at you. On the contrary--several patients of mine had done it for medical reasons (back pain, etc.) and are very happy with the results. Our clinic arranged the referral on my advice in one of these cases. Of course, the usual risks of surgery and anesthesia apply. And they MAY grow back, believe it or not. But again, quite a few satisfied patients.

So...gulp...small get smaller? How much smaller can they get? I may consider going the other direction. I do want to have some boobs left after 50.
    Well, my B friends are now A's and my A friend is now a double-A. I'm not kidding. A 38AA at the age of 55. She can afford implants but I think she never will.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast