Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCC View Post
    I went shopping today and feel totally worn out on all of the glitter and rhinestones on EVERYTHING! Jeans, belts, tops, dresses, purses, hats, scarves, and shoes -- from flats to platforms to boots. Even underware. And of course all costume jewelry has sparkle-crystals. Really, a little goes a long way (I am not opposed to a little sparkle). But why anyone would want to look like a disco ball is beyond me -- it is like designers are fashioning for 6-year olds. I can't wait for this craze to be over.
    It's either sparkles or ruffles. The style these days is High Baroque Ungapatche. Ick.

However, I had a great experience yesterday. You know when you have an item of clothing you really like and you can't give it up and you shove it in the back of the closet in case it ever comes back into style?

I was wearing a black dress to a party last night and was about to put on my old dress coat that I hate and that is slated for replacement in the after Xmas sales. There in the back of the coat closet was a big fuzzy black angora cardigan with sparkly buttons and a fake fur collar. Put it on, it looked fabulous with my black velvet (but practical! they're Isotoner!) gloves.

I think I bought it in 1998. I was definitely still dating now-ex-husband. It's back in style!
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I bet you looked fabulous!
    Hooray for "recycled style".

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I bet you looked fabulous!
    Hooray for "recycled style".
    It's going to Croatia with me. I plan on standing next to Tarasova and giving her a run for the money.

vCash
    OOOH!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I have a confession to make: been reading Choupette Lagerfeld's Twitter feed and liking it...

For those who don't know, Choupette is Karl Lagerfeld's cat who, besides having two personal maids, has a Twitter account, sort of.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I'm late here but cruisin, the dress and shoes are GORGEOUS!!!!! BTW, if you buy from zappos and the shoes aren't perfect, they have very easy and free returns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    I'm late here but cruisin, the dress and shoes are GORGEOUS!!!!! BTW, if you buy from zappos and the shoes aren't perfect, they have very easy and free returns.
    Thanks, but did you see the right dress. The site has changed and it's now #33 style #6860. I'm going to start looking for shoes again soon. I have the ones from Saks, just in case. I'm hoping I'll find more navy options with the spring lines coming in. The problem is I need a very dark navy, a dress shoe, and a heel no higher than 2.5" for the dress. Most of what I've seen is either too royal, has a stacked heel, or the heel is too high. I was hoping I could wear a pair of platinum shoes I already have. but, I tried them with the dress and it was - NO!

vCash
    Yes, I kept scrolling until I found the dress # and when I saw it, I remember you posting about it before. It's stunning. As for shoes, I wish I could be more helpful, I'm just not that fashionable... I'm all about jeans or my gym clothes Well, I remember the all the rave about nude pumps... how about pretty nude formal pumps with med. heels?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Yes, I kept scrolling until I found the dress # and when I saw it, I remember you posting about it before. It's stunning. As for shoes, I wish I could be more helpful, I'm just not that fashionable... I'm all about jeans or my gym clothes Well, I remember the all the rave about nude pumps... how about pretty nude formal pumps with med. heels?
    Nude would be fine with a short navy dress. But, long needs something darker. FWIW, I'm a jeans person too. I am definitely a fashion person, but jeans are my world .

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    The good news is that I discovered a comfortable, supportive minimizing bra on sale for $23. A Bali, forty dollars less than a comparable Wacoal.

The bad news is that I'm replacing all my bras because I am unquestionably now a 36DDD. And when I see the doctor on January 16 I am praying that I will qualify for surgery. My stepsister showed me her "results" yesterday and after three years she has barely any scarring -- and she was a particularly tough case having already had her chest cracked for bypass surgery.

In other words, I have really had it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    The good news is that I discovered a comfortable, supportive minimizing bra on sale for $23. A Bali, forty dollars less than a comparable Wacoal.

The bad news is that I'm replacing all my bras because I am unquestionably now a 36DDD. And when I see the doctor on January 16 I am praying that I will qualify for surgery. My stepsister showed me her "results" yesterday and after three years she has barely any scarring -- and she was a particularly tough case having already had her chest cracked for bypass surgery.

If you have back, neck pains and shoulder problems, you can usually get insurance to pay for reduction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Thanks, but did you see the right dress. The site has changed and it's now #33 style #6860. I'm going to start looking for shoes again soon. I have the ones from Saks, just in case. I'm hoping I'll find more navy options with the spring lines coming in. The problem is I need a very dark navy, a dress shoe, and a heel no higher than 2.5" for the dress. Most of what I've seen is either too royal, has a stacked heel, or the heel is too high. I was hoping I could wear a pair of platinum shoes I already have. but, I tried them with the dress and it was - NO!
    A darker pewter color should work.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    A darker pewter color should work.
    Absolutely. The only problem with pewter, is that all of the ones I've seen have really high heels. They tend to be more fashion forward. So far, the navy ones I ordered are the best, and I really do like them. I just would rather not pay so much for a pair of navy satin shoes. If they were a neutral leather, I wouldn't mind, because I'd get more use out of them. I'm hoping that navy, pewter, or another good darker color will appear in spring lines with a 2 1/2" heel, for less $$. The dress won't allow for a higher heel.

vCash

I feel your pain

If you want to reduce the pain until the surgery, you should try shopping on UK websites and going for a totally different size. IIRC, you were in a 34 band and a 36 is likely to be miles too loose. The tighter the band, the more pressure it takes off your shoulders. The looser the band, the more the straps dig in and your shoulders kill. Measure yourself around your rib cage - your band size should be the same as your rib measurement. I didn't know that before moving to the UK where 28 and 30 bands are readily available and the alphabet goes beyond a D. Australia is just like the US in terms of what's available, and it just means that nearly everyone is wearing the wrong size and going through unnecessary pain because lingerie companies have changes how they make bras, but not told anyone
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    PRLady, I was at the mall today. Stopped to visit a young lady who works at Neiman Marcus. She knows my daughter and she is also getting married. There was a lady she was helping who joined in our conversation about my daughter's and Julie's wedding plans. We were discussing how hard it is for Moms to find a dress. And she said she is just not an ungapatche kind of person. I was so excited that I knew what it meant !

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    PRLady, I was at the mall today. Stopped to visit a young lady who works at Neiman Marcus. She knows my daughter and she is also getting married. There was a lady she was helping who joined in our conversation about my daughter's and Julie's wedding plans. We were discussing how hard it is for Moms to find a dress. And she said she is just not an ungapatche kind of person. I was so excited that I knew what it meant !
    FSU: Disseminating multi-cultural knowledge for ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I feel your pain

If you want to reduce the pain until the surgery, you should try shopping on UK websites and going for a totally different size. IIRC, you were in a 34 band and a 36 is likely to be miles too loose. The tighter the band, the more pressure it takes off your shoulders.
    I tried a 34 in several styles and companies -- too tight. This is definitely the right size, I am much more comfortable with the added D. Except psychologically.

vCash
    FSU: Disseminating multi-cultural knowledge for ten years.
    Absolutely! Feel free to use gavone any time. Though gavone is not very complimentary

I tried a 34 in several styles and companies -- too tight. This is definitely the right size, I am much more comfortable with the added D. Except psychologically.
    Are you comfortable physically? I hate my saggy boobs, but they really are not causing much pain. I do have trenches in my shoulders. But that's because the bands of bras never fit right. So, the straps have to be really tight. If you have back or neck pain, you should do it.

vCash
    I'm pleased to report that my niece found her "perfect" wedding gown!

It was a different silhouette than she believed she would choose, though.
    The slender "fit and flare" that was her initial preference was not flattering. She has a good figure; but, over-developed hips and thighs from many years of competitive soccer.
    The 10 dresses she tried at shop #1 left her depressed and wondering if she would find anything.

Shop #2 was completely different. More high-quality choices, with no "mass-market" designs. She had many more options, a good idea of what wouldn't work for her; and most important, the ideal consultant to assist. It took several more tries before finding "the one" that made her glow from within, the moment she put it on:

Candlelight ivory duchesse satin. A full skirt with natural waistline, small crystal-embellished buttons going all the way down the back, ending in a chapel-length train.
    A lace bodice with a square neckline. and cap sleeves. A medallion at the right side of the waist provides just enough "bling".
    She chose a fingertip-length veil, with the same crystal embellishment as on the buttons.

Tammy looked stunning! It's a truly "regal" gown.
    She said that she "felt like a bride"; yet completely comfortable. The longer she wore it, the more obvious it was that this was "her dress".
    I'll share pictures, after the minor alterations are complete.

It was a pleasure to be asked to participate; and share the occasion with her mother.
    I'm still debating over what I'll wear!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I'm pleased to report that my niece found her "perfect" wedding gown!

It was a different silhouette than she believed she would choose, though.
    The slender "fit and flare" that was her initial preference was not flattering. She has a good figure; but, over-developed hips and thighs from many years of competitive soccer.
    The 10 dresses she tried at shop #1 left her depressed and wondering if she would find anything.

Shop #2 was completely different. More high-quality choices, with no "mass-market" designs. She had many more options, a good idea of what wouldn't work for her; and most important, the ideal consultant to assist. It took several more tries before finding "the one" that made her glow from within, the moment she put it on:

Candlelight ivory duchesse satin. A full skirt with natural waistline, small crystal-embellished buttons going all the way down the back, ending in a chapel-length train.
    A lace bodice with a square neckline. and cap sleeves. A medallion at the right side of the waist provides just enough "bling".
    She chose a fingertip-length veil, with the same crystal embellishment as on the buttons.

Tammy looked stunning! It's a truly "regal" gown.
    She said that she "felt like a bride"; yet completely comfortable. The longer she wore it, the more obvious it was that this was "her dress".
    I'll share pictures, after the minor alterations are complete.

It was a pleasure to be asked to participate; and share the occasion with her mother.
    I'm still debating over what I'll wear!
    Yay! I'm thrilled for your niece. Is there a website photo for the designer? Can't wait to see!

vCash
    I'll see if I can locate one.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast