Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    wait what size are they? give them to me

i'm thinking of having a moving shower and registering for home goods. i will take shoes in lieu of that.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Just got an email from Bloomingdales - Sorry but the merchandise you ordered is no longer available! I knew it was too good to be true . Now, I have to start all over! J. Crew has a pair of Navy ones, but they're $$ for satin shoes, and they have a stacked heel. http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category...4742/64742.jsp - Don't think so.

vCash
    Sorry about the shoes, crusin!
    The right pair is out there, somewhere.

vCash
    Found these, http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...%3D1%26rid%3D5 and can get $50 off. But, they might be too bright a navy (the dress is very dark), and they don't have them in the store. That's going to be my problem. Navy evening shoes are only on line options, they don't stock them in store. I suppose I could order them and if the color is wrong, return them.

Here's where my head is (with the holidays and the wedding coming up) I accidentally paid Bloomingdales twice! They owe me $500.00! Only me!

Oops, forgot the link
    Last edited by cruisin; 12-06-2012 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    Cruisin, what about pewter shoes? Not as bright as silver, and you don't have to match like with a navy pair.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i really like them, i dont buy anything less than 3.5 inches. i think you can do it.
    I love them and can't buy anything that high. Yesterday I did wear heels to work higher than 3 inches, but they are "OH!" brand which are orthopedically blah blah blah. Then I went to the market on the way home and by the time I got those fcukers off my feet at 6:30 PM I was crippled.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    Cruisin, what about pewter shoes? Not as bright as silver, and you don't have to match like with a navy pair.
    I was thinking that too. but, all of the pewter ones that I like are 4" heels. I can't go over 3.5" because the dress was measured for that.

Quadless
    vCash
    cruisin - Did you try (online) Nordstrom? Jildor's?
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I've tried Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Macy's, Neiman Markus, Saks (the last two have nothing that is in my price range for navy evening shoes). I've never heard of Jildor's.

vCash
    Have you looked here, crusin:
    http://www.zappos.com/navy-evening-shoes

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    wait what size are they? give them to me

i'm thinking of having a moving shower and registering for home goods. i will take shoes in lieu of that.
    You know damn well they're three sizes too big for you -- 9 or 9.5.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I've tried Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, Macy's, Neiman Markus, Saks (the last two have nothing that is in my price range for navy evening shoes). I've never heard of Jildor's.
    www.jildorshoes.com. They have a physical store in Cedarhurst, NY (Long Island).
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Have you looked here, crusin:
    http://www.zappos.com/navy-evening-shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    www.jildorshoes.com. They have a physical store in Cedarhurst, NY (Long Island).
    Will check both places. The only drawback is that I can't really tell color from a photo (especially on line). And I can't just bring them back to a store, like Bloomingdales or Nordstroms. Not a huge deal, I just hate having to ship things back. But, if I find what I want, it's worth it

Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    You know damn well they're three sizes too big for you -- 9 or 9.5.
    Nope! At 5' 10" I have oddly small feet. Just an 8. But, alas, those shoes are not to be had

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    since you are fashionable people, i will take this to you. i need a couch. i'd like a long couch. not brown or tan or white. i'm thinking grey but im open. i've been looking for a while and they are all running together. do you have any on line favorite furniture links?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    since you are fashionable people, i will take this to you. i need a couch. i'd like a long couch. not brown or tan or white. i'm thinking grey but im open. i've been looking for a while and they are all running together. do you have any on line favorite furniture links?
    Shop locally and buy here: http://www.furniturelandsouth.com You can also go through their furniture brands and search for couches. We just bought a Hancock & Moore sofa and love seat. Found them up here, bought them from NC. Saved $$$.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    thanks cruisin

vCash
    I would go more for comfort than color because satin shoes are less sretchable than say leather. Maybe try dyables? Does Cole Haan have them because they are infinitely more comfy than any other brand. Also, have you tried Ferragamo, my oldest DD wore them for her wedding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    I would go more for comfort than color because satin shoes are less sretchable than say leather. Maybe try dyables? Does Cole Haan have them because they are infinitely more comfy than any other brand. Also, have you tried Ferragamo, my oldest DD wore them for her wedding.
    I love Cole Haan, but nothing navy. And most of their heels are too high for this dress. They are incredibly comfortable and are usually my first choice. I did find these: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...&bmUID=jJUX1iU I ordered them and will hold onto them, in case I can't find anything else. I did NOT want to spend that much on a navy satin shoe. But, I was able to try them on in white and they are quite comfortable. I have the sales ladies in the shoe departments in a few stores looking for me. I don't have to keep the shoes from Saks, but figured they were my safety net.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I got SO tired of looking for a couch that didn't look like every other couch in the mid-priced stores. Finally I went to a local store http://www.randomharvesthome.com/ and bought a reproduction camelback sofa from the '30s and covered it in soft blue upholstery. Other people say it's not cushy enough but I like it fine, and it's pretty.

In other words, try a local store that does not have the same couch in 15 different but boring upholsteries. I'm lookin' at you, Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel.

vCash
    I went shopping today and feel totally worn out on all of the glitter and rhinestones on EVERYTHING! Jeans, belts, tops, dresses, purses, hats, scarves, and shoes -- from flats to platforms to boots. Even underware. And of course all costume jewelry has sparkle-crystals. Really, a little goes a long way (I am not opposed to a little sparkle). But why anyone would want to look like a disco ball is beyond me -- it is like designers are fashioning for 6-year olds. I can't wait for this craze to be over.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast