Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

vCash
    Stunning and already prepped for a kickass television spot.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Stunning and already prepped for a kickass television spot.
    Couldn't have said it better!
    That's a stylish "professional" look. PRlady.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Fortunately no TV today. Fortunately because the stress is showing in my already stressedout face....but thanks.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Lots of luck with that, I'm technodumb. Let's see if I can remember if I have a flickr account or whateveryoucallit.

fortunately my webmistress wanted a break from the war. Not a good photo but the best I can do at the moment: https://picasaweb.google.com/1052065...20775474074930
    Looking fabulous!

So, I got a call from the salon where I tried on the black Rose Taft dress and the grey Pronovias dress. They are having a 20% off sale from Nov. 27 until Dec. 2. Thinking about pulling the trigger. I'm just worried that I'll find something I like better in 6 months. But the lace dress does look really good on me. What to do?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    buy it, the incas say we will all be dead by then
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    what mlp said. The economy needs your support.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Well, I got my dress today. My daughter and I went to the salon and I tried on a few new dresses. They were nice, but that's it, just nice. Tried on the black lace one again and my daughter basically said - stop now, this is the dress. http://rosetaft.com/rose-taft-couture/ Go to the site, click on the right arrow and click on # 27. It is style #6860. I got 20% off and they are making it specially for me because my measurements are so off for size. I'm 34 - size 2/4, 27 - size 8, 34 - size 2. So, no extra cost for custom size and extra length. And I got it in navy. Now I need shoes. Tried it with my silver shoes, looked weird - too bright. So, the search for navy shoes begins!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Well, I got my dress today. My daughter and I went to the salon and I tried on a few new dresses. They were nice, but that's it, just nice. Tried on the black lace one again and my daughter basically said - stop now, this is the dress. http://rosetaft.com/rose-taft-couture/ Go to the site, click on the right arrow and click on # 27. It is style #6860. I got 20% off and they are making it specially for me because my measurements are so off for size. I'm 34 - size 2/4, 27 - size 8, 34 - size 2. So, no extra cost for custom size and extra length. And I got it in navy. Now I need shoes. Tried it with my silver shoes, looked weird - too bright. So, the search for navy shoes begins!
    Cruisin, it's just a stunning dress. You have one daughter and one wedding to be MOB, go for it.

And where the hell do our waists go, anyway? I was once the Scarlett O'Hara of Philadelphia and now I'm 39-30-37.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Cruisin, it's just a stunning dress. You have one daughter and one wedding to be MOB, go for it.

And where the hell do our waists go, anyway? I was once the Scarlett O'Hara of Philadelphia and now I'm 39-30-37.
    Thanks! It is perfect for me.

I think pregnancy does it! I also think pregnancy destroys brain cells, but that's a whole other discussion !

I have always been somewhat disproportionate. Always had small hips/butt compared to waist. And the bust measurement is small. But only because my ribcage is so small. But, my waist is bigger than it used to be. It was tiny when I got married and I weigh about the same. Can get the wedding dress on and zipped, but it is so tight around the waist and ribs that I couldn't breathe. The MOB dress actually makes me look shapely - because of the way the shoulders are shaped and the trumpet shape of the skirt. Well, daughter is very happy and so am I. Now, shoes. I did find a pair of Stuart Weitzman shoes on sale at Bloomingdales - navy sparkle, in my size. Had a 50% off coupon, on top of the sale. So, I ordered them. They have a 3.5" heel, which may be too high. I'll hang on to them until the dress comes in and see if they work. I can always return them. And the price was great enough to not let them slip away.

vCash
    I did find a pair of Stuart Weitzman shoes on sale at Bloomingdales - navy sparkle, in my size. Had a 50% off coupon, on top of the sale. So, I ordered them. They have a 3.5" heel, which may be too high. I'll hang on to them until the dress comes in and see if they work. I can always return them. And the price was great enough to not let them slip away.
    Those sound promising!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    That's gawgeous!

My mom chose her dress from the vast collection of clothes in her closet courtesy of her sister. It's a deep purple velvet sleeveless with sheer patterned velvet shawl. My sister liked the dress she got from a thrift store (and she'll be the only bridesmaid so she won't have to match anyone), but all attempts in photographing it have gone pretty poorly. It's a bright teal in real life, but according to the iPhone, it's either yellowish teal or bright blue. I joked it would be interesting to see if our photographer's camera could capture its true color.

cruisin, you have exactly my measurements, and I'm 28 with no children. AND I can see my ribs and the front of my pelvis when I'm just relaxed and standing. In my case I think I can blame it on having an unnecessarily long ribcage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post

cruisin, you have exactly my measurements, and I'm 28 with no children. AND I can see my ribs and the front of my pelvis when I'm just relaxed and standing. In my case I think I can blame it on having an unnecessarily long ribcage.
    So, I'm not too bad for gonna be 60 in February? Are you tall as well? I can see my ribs, especially my chest ribs (that's partly age ). I cannot see my hip bones, they are so freakishly small that they just disappear!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    So, I'm not too bad for gonna be 60 in February? Are you tall as well? I can see my ribs, especially my chest ribs (that's partly age ). I cannot see my hip bones, they are so freakishly small that they just disappear!
    I'm not that tall - 5'5". I joke that I have the body of a cockroach with an ass. The most hilarious thing is that people assume I'm teeny everywhere because I'm so bony, especially in my arms. But that's just the cockroach frame!

Um, of course that's not bad, especially considering how most people my age aren't able to see their ribs anymore. My mother is similarly tiny, although I hope not to be that small when I'm her age because of the whole osteoporosis thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I'm not that tall - 5'5". I joke that I have the body of a cockroach with an ass. The most hilarious thing is that people assume I'm teeny everywhere because I'm so bony, especially in my arms. But that's just the cockroach frame!

Um, of course that's not bad, especially considering how most people my age aren't able to see their ribs anymore. My mother is similarly tiny, although I hope not to be that small when I'm her age because of the whole osteoporosis thing.
    Well, make sure you get plenty of calcium rich foods. And get plenty of exercise. Unfortunately, osteoporosis runs in families and people who are small boned have less bone mass, to start with. Heading with diet and exercise helps, but won't necessarily prevent bone loss. Did your Mom go through menopause early? I did, at 48, that has something to do with it too. There are medications for bone density, but they are now seeing more serious side effects, that are not so great, from many of them. I can't take any of them. The bisphosphonates (Fosamax) can cause stomach problems, I already have reflux. And that type of drug can cause lower mandible bone loss, I have lower mandible dental implants. So, I can't take that in any form oral or injectable. They are also finding that Fosamax does increase lower back and hip density but can cause fractures in the femur bones. An older type of drug, Revista, which works differently. But, that can cause blood clotting. So, since I'm on Crestor, that would be rather counter intuitive. Again, eat and exercise for bone health NOW! You will thank yourself in 20 years .

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i would like to see the stuart weitzman shoes please
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    MLP, your wish is my command http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...%3D1%26rid%3D5

I figured the metallic blue would be better than trying to actually match the navy lace. The metallic will pick up the navy tones, rather than look off (I hope ). Now, just hope the heel is not too high. But, I should have the dress in 8 weeks. If they are too high I can still return them. But, better to have them than regret not grabbing them while I could.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i really like them, i dont buy anything less than 3.5 inches. i think you can do it.

vCash
    They are lovely.

Fingers crossed that they coordinate with your dress.
    You had a coupon, as well.
    Better to try, because you'd likely never see those in your size - at that price - again!

vCash
    MLP, your wish is my command http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...%3D1%26rid%3D5

I figured the metallic blue would be better than trying to actually match the navy lace. The metallic will pick up the navy tones, rather than look off (I hope ). Now, just hope the heel is not too high. But, I should have the dress in 8 weeks. If they are too high I can still return them. But, better to have them than regret not grabbing them while I could.
    The shoes are beautiful but that kind of peep-toe kills my big toes. I have never had a comfortable pair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i really like them, i dont buy anything less than 3.5 inches. i think you can do it.
    I'm only worried about the length of the dress. They measured me in a pair of 3" heels that they sell (which were Stuart Weitzman). The Bloomingdales site says the pair I ordered is 3.5" high. But, the Stuart Weizman site has the same shoe in black and ivory and says the heel is 3". So, hopefully the shoe is the same shoe and Bloomingdales just has it wrong by half an inch. I did stand up very tall when they measured me

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    They are lovely.

Fingers crossed that they coordinate with your dress.
    You had a coupon, as well.
    Better to try, because you'd likely never see those in your size - at that price - again!
    Absolutely! I figured the worst thing would be that they are not right and I have to return them. But, for the price - it is worth the try!

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    The shoes are beautiful but that kind of peep-toe kills my big toes. I have never had a comfortable pair.
    I have a pair of Stuart Weizman peep toe shoes, they are very comfortable. The peep toe is cut so that it doesn't cut into your toe across the top. Cole Haan makes a very comfortable peep toe, as well.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast