Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Well, my B friends are now A's and my A friend is now a double-A. I'm not kidding. A 38AA at the age of 55. She can afford implants but I think she never will.
    FML. That's it. It's either HRT or a boob job. No wonder Traditional Chinese Medicine no longer considers you a woman after the age of 49. They don't mince words, do they...
    arble loss drug trial.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 11-10-2012 at 07:07 AM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I realize this is probably not the thread for this but I am, at this belated stage in life, seriously considering breast reduction surgery. As those of you who have met me know, I have a really small frame. Now I've lost seven pounds. Small-framed women who weigh 135 should not have DD or DDD boobs, it's starting to bother my shoulders and upper back.

Over fifty, as I've written, the large get larger and the small get smaller. I can either just live with this the rest of my life or sacrifice a month, feel like crap (I have the sick leave) and fix it for once and for all.

Anyone who wants to yell at me not to do it, go right ahead. I have mixed feelings.
    My mom did it 15 years ago - she is quite petite (5'2") and her chest just overwhelmed her. She had severe back and shoulder pain and just decided to do it. She was so happy that she did it, and I don't think the recovery was that bad - it was an outpatient procedure as I remember and she was back up and around in no time. Her quality of life improved quite a bit, her clothes fit better, and the pain was gone - totally worth it, IMO.

ETA: and her insurance did cover it, I think it normally will in cases of chronic pain.
    Last edited by Jenya; 11-09-2012 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I did that a few years ago. Only they decided that I needed to go from 32DD to 34D. The cup fits better but the back strap rides up. And it's on the smallest hook. A 32D doesn't fit, so....? The problem is, I need the 32 because I am so small around my rib cage. But the 32D, the cups are too close together and they cut into the outsides of my breasts.
    Easy. The band is too big in a 34, the cup is too small in the 32D. Try going back to a 32DD. Just because a woman with a measuring tape told you to wear a 34D does NOT mean it's right. Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jk55...&feature=share

It's not BS. Most women ARE wearing the wrong sized bra. There's an incorrect assumption in the US that if you're over a D, you're huge. Not so. I wear a US women's size 8, yet I'm in a 30 band and it's not too small. There are a whole range of reasons why bra sizing has changed, mainly to do with the fabric, but stores like Victoria's Secret still have no clue. The video is long, but worth it.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yes, insurance does cover reduction if it's for medical reasons. These are the only ones I am familiar with working with chronic pain. It's a bit more involved than a typical augmentation--I've watched both live several times back when I was in research.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Those are so cute. Sigh. I wear Wacoals with more support than those.

I realize this is probably not the thread for this but I am, at this belated stage in life, seriously considering breast reduction surgery. As those of you who have met me know, I have a really small frame. Now I've lost seven pounds. Small-framed women who weigh 135 should not have DD or DDD boobs, it's starting to bother my shoulders and upper back.

Over fifty, as I've written, the large get larger and the small get smaller. I can either just live with this the rest of my life or sacrifice a month, feel like crap (I have the sick leave) and fix it for once and for all.

Anyone who wants to yell at me not to do it, go right ahead. I have mixed feelings.
    No yelling from me either. I would do it too, if I were't such a chicken, and it wasn't so expensive. I have permanent dents in my shoulders. But mine are more deflated now. The breast tissue is probably a small C cup. the excess skin turns them into Ds. Sorry if that's too graphic. I just want mine back on my chest!

I wear Wacoal too, very good support.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    No yelling from me either. I would do it too, if I were't such a chicken, and it wasn't so expensive. I have permanent dents in my shoulders. But mine are more deflated now. The breast tissue is probably a small C cup. the excess skin turns them into Ds. Sorry if that's too graphic. I just want mine back on my chest!

I wear Wacoal too, very good support.
    See, that's it. (We need a subset discussion here for Women of a Certain Age.) At what point are you fixing something that really can and should be fixed -- and at what point are you fighting time? Natural growth/saggage to me is not something for which I should choose major surgery. It's like the line I draw between Juvederm (ouch but minor) and a facelift (major ouch, not minor, not accepting natural progression.)
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I have been professionally measured by a bra lady and turns out I've been wearing a wrong size my whole life. I am a 32B, not a 34A or it's a ploy to get me to buy new bras. I did buy a couple and they are very comfortable.
    That's EXACTLY what happened to me! I swear I have nothing more than mosquito bites on my chest and had been wearing A/AA's all my life, until I decided to get fitted properly before my friend's wedding (I was bridesmaid). 32B. I was like, NO. WAI. The fitting lady laughed and assured me, "You have breasts, girl!"

Turns out that I am a flat and wide B. I don't stick out very much, but cup size seems to go by how wide your boobs are over your ribcage. The only 32Bs I've recently found that fit me best are Gilly Hicks pushups. Generally I can only fill out the pushup bras, because otherwise there's a ton of air in the cups. But if I go to an A, it pulls at the boob tissue underneath my armpits. One can never win even if you know your correct size.

My best friend weighs 115lbs, is SUPER-small framed (weighs more than I do but has a smaller waist)...and is a 30F after getting sized by the same people who did me. She is also flat and wide across so I guess there isn't as much mass there as there should be...but still!

She hasn't complained about pain. Yet. But poor woman can't go braless even when she sleeps.

Well, my B friends are now A's and my A friend is now a double-A. I'm not kidding. A 38AA at the age of 55. She can afford implants but I think she never will.
    My mom is an AA, too. IF that. Actual mosquito bites on that woman. I'm not sure how much bigger she was before, though, although I know she was able to breastfeed us waaay back when. We are just small-breasted folk. And she doesn't have any interest in cleavage-baring clothing, or even clothing that shows off how thin she is, so I don't think it bothers her much, if at all.

If one is concerned about one's attractiveness to the opposite sex, my solution is to find a man who likes your assets. My ex-bf was a boob man. I do not have any. Alf (Anita's Loveable Fiance ) is a butt man. And lemme tell you, I'm a whole lot happier with him than with ex-bf.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
    My mom did it 15 years ago - she is quite petite (5'2") and her chest just overwhelmed her. She had severe back and shoulder pain and just decided to do it. She was so happy that she did it, and I don't think the recovery was that bad - it was an outpatient procedure as I remember and she was back up and around in no time. Her quality of life improved quite a bit, her clothes fit better, and the pain was gone - totally worth it, IMO.
    A friend of mine had a reduction a few years ago for medical reasons. I never asked what her cup size was before but it must have been very big, and she's not tall. It wasn't as simple a procedure as Jenya describes, but she's so happy with her smaller breasts, not having to deal with awful back pain, etc., that it was definitely worth it to her. If this eventually feels like the right decision, I don't think anyone else's opinion should matter.

INTJ
    vCash
    I can't speak from personal experience, but I've known 3 or 4 women that have had it done and all are very happy with their smaller breasts.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    ETA: I also got this Natori bra: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/natori-f...r&resultback=0 one in cafe and one in cream. They were on sale last weekend but it looks like not anymore. Love them.
    Natori is featured in the immigrant success story on yahoo: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/7-self...es.html?page=1

Yay for Natori!

Also features Sergei Brin of Google teaming up with DVF:
    Google teamed up with fashion designer Diane von Furstenburg during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week earlier this year. The models in her show captured their runway experience wearing Google Glass, technology-driven eyewear that allows users to take pictures and send messages.
    Yay for Brin! Although I am not sure we need sunglasses that text.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Boob non-violent I think about getting it done myself... still weighing the pros and cons of it.

Hubby and decided instead of going nuts for xmas we are just going to buy what we need/ want. I need clothes so that is my xmas gift this year.

Any colours really big this season? Lol
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Boob non-violent I think about getting it done myself... still weighing the pros and cons of it.

Hubby and decided instead of going nuts for xmas we are just going to buy what we need/ want. I need clothes so that is my xmas gift this year.

Any colours really big this season? Lol
    Teal. Purple. I actually have black shoes I bought last winter with tasteful little teal and purple insets along the sides so I'm set.

vCash
    Teal. Purple. I actually have black shoes I bought last winter with tasteful little teal and purple insets along the sides so I'm set.
    Green is also very big this year. Especially emerald and hunter. Burgundy was very big last year and continues to be.

vCash
    Yay! Green looks fab on me with my red highlights. I also like teal and purple is my husbands fave colour.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Thanks to everyone for contributing thoughts and experiences. I will continue to mull it over.

My stepsister had the surgery, but she had complications. She has already had open-heart surgery which means they had to maneuver around the scar tissue, she got an infection, it really took six months to recover. I'm thinking that is not the norm, at least I hope so.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Kristen Stewart's see-through gown, yay or nay?

I say, nay.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Kristen Stewart's see-through gown, yay or nay?

I say, nay.
    Nay! I don't mind the top.but the skirt?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Ick.

vCash
    I love the top too but definitely no to the bottom.

vCash
    Nay! I don't mind the top.but the skirt?
    Ditto!
    Tasteless.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast