Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    My niece expressed a preference for V-Neck styles; so I was surprised at the Alvina Valenta dress.
    It's my favorite, also.
    I'm anxious to see what it looks like on her.

vCash
    They are all beautiful! My favorite is the Alvina Valenta also. Next is #2.

PRLady, yes the mermaid style is very popular. The ones that skatesindreams niece is looking at are the most popular mermaid shape. My daughter tried several on like those and looked lovely in them. She, also, did not want strapless. But, when she put on the Lazaro dress, she just fell in love with it. It's very dramatic, which is definitely her .

vCash
    My niece also wants lace.
    It's appropriate for our weather in FL, in any season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Likewise.

Judging by these and cruisin's daughter's gown, the mermaid silhouette is fashionable now? It's pretty but (speaking as a not flat-tummy person) a little hard on those with too much below the waist, yes?
    Yet, those brides will wear it anyway if it is the trend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    This is my FAVORITE. WOW.

The others seem "heavy", if that makes any sense.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    PRLady, yes the mermaid style is very popular. The ones that skatesindreams niece is looking at are the most popular mermaid shape. My daughter tried several on like those and looked lovely in them. She, also, did not want strapless. But, when she put on the Lazaro dress, she just fell in love with it. It's very dramatic, which is definitely her .
    I hope my niece doesn't go in that direction. She's 5'1" on a good day....slender and curvy and will look lovely in the right dress but that's too much for someone that small.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I have a friend who's 4'11" and curvy, and her mother MADE her wear a mermaid dress on her wedding day. She can't stand to look at her wedding photos. Which is really sad since she's an incredibly attractive woman, but mermaid dress on someone shorter than 5 ft is just not a good look!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I hope my niece doesn't go in that direction. She's 5'1" on a good day....slender and curvy and will look lovely in the right dress but that's too much for someone that small.
    She would probably look wonderful in a more traditional ball gown style. My daughter tried one on (that was what she originally wanted). But, because she is so long waisted and tall, she looked out of proportion. She looked like she had a child's dress on. When I got married, I did wear a ball gown, but it had a dropped waist (not as dropped as the mermaid style). When you're tall, you need the balance of the longer waist.

vCash
    I have a new favorite wedding dress of all time. Marchesa Fall 2013 line. The 13th one with the sheer, embellished top and the sparkly waist (sorry, no easy way to link it directly) looks really easy to wear, somewhat covered for religious services, and would look great on someone who's short waisted.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I have a new favorite wedding dress of all time. Marchesa Fall 2013 line. The 13th one with the sheer, embellished top and the sparkly waist (sorry, no easy way to link it directly) looks really easy to wear, somewhat covered for religious services, and would look great on someone who's short waisted.
    Love it and love the one right above it too. It is for someone shorter, though. A tall person would have a hard time not looking short waisted in that. But, it's still lovely to look at.

vCash
    It is a lovely dress.
    Shorter brides often have difficulty finding options that don't make them look like little girls rather than women.

vCash
    Apologies for the horrible lighting, but do these boots go with this skirt? I'll be wearing a black long sleeved shirt and long black jacket, and I could wear pumps but it's supposed to be rainy so I wanted to wear boots for more warmth.

vCash
    I see no reason not to wear the boots with the skirt.
    Your shirt and coat will coordinate with them, also.

vCash
    They look massive around your calves. What about black tights with pumps?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice dance View Post
    Apologies for the horrible lighting, but do these boots go with this skirt? I'll be wearing a black long sleeved shirt and long black jacket, and I could wear pumps but it's supposed to be rainy so I wanted to wear boots for more warmth.
    If you have thick-ish, textured black tights you could get away with it, but vesper is right that they're much bigger than you are. You have nice legs, when you can (I know they're pricey) get boots that aren't so big around?
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Agree with Vesper and PR. The boots are quite wide around your calfs. I think they lend themselves to tucked in jeans. I think tights would help, but dark tights with dark boots might be too much with such a light colored skirt. Maybe a patterned tight?

vCash
    I normally wear them with jeans which makes them not quite so wide. I wasn't planning on going shopping again before I need to wear the outfit (to a funeral in two days), but I might have to run into town and pick up some dark/patterned tights.

vCash
    So, I'm going through my clothes to decide what to wear tomorrow. Steeple Chase, and it will be a mud fest! Rain boots, skinny jeans that tuck in, and an older jacket that I won't cry over if it gets muddy. Won't be a "fashion plate", but I won't ruin anything I love . Trying to decide between a rust colored cropped (to the top of my hip) trench, and a grey tweedy blazer. Leaning toward the rust trench, because it says fall. I know I will come home with mud in my hair. Even when the day is dry with a week of dry leading up to it, it gets muddy. After today's torrential downpour, we are guaranteed slip and slide muck!

I wonder about the owners that let their horses fun on such a dangerous track. One of the really awful parts of going when it's very muddy is that a horse is more likely to go down and has to be put down. Can't imagine risking my horse for one race.

vCash
    This offer was in my Inbox today.
    I hope that someone can use it.

Anthropologie
    http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/...r%23U00456356-

vCash
    Found another dress, it looks really nice on. The price is holding me back, a lot more than I wanted to spend. But I haven't found anything else, even close. http://rosetaft.com/rose-taft-couture/ Go to the site, click on the right arrow and click on # 27. It is style #6860.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast