Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Title-less
    vCash
    Shoes that last forever? There goes my excuse to shop for more shoes next season!

Seriously, the Naot Nina comes with a pretty black with a silver trim too. Man, I lurve to have one

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Shoes that last forever? There goes my excuse to shop for more shoes next season!
    Well, yeah, that's the downside.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post

Seriously, the Naot Nina comes with a pretty black with a silver trim too. Man, I lurve to have one
    Buy them. I finally caved and bought Teva-Naot sandals this summer (they're not cheap in Israel, either), and they're super comfy and really last.

I wonder how much the Ninas would cost here? I have my eye on a few other pairs, too.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I usually buy my Naots in Israel because they're about $100 vs $150 or so here.

But in Charleston over the weekend, my favorite pair of Naot cork-soled sandals finally gave up the ghost. (After four years!) And to my shock, right there on King Street was a store that sold them. And I spent $145 to buy these: http://www.zappos.com/naot-footwear-...madras-leather in a slightly lighter black with bronzing (very pretty) and I know I will wear the crap out of them for four years.

OMG are they comfortable, especially if you have narrow feet. Totally worth the money.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I was in a fabric store the other day and a little girl saw my shoes and said "I like her shoes!" and I thought to myself excellent, I must be starting to skulk into "age inappropriate" territory if little girls are coveting my footwear.
    When my hair is pink, I am a huge hit with with 5-9 crowd.

But women of all ages covet my Hello Kitty pirate purse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    But women of all ages covet my Hello Kitty pirate purse.
    I would really like to see a picture of that purse. Please?

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    I have a Hello Kitty Hat.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I usually buy my Naots in Israel because they're about $100 vs $150 or so here.

But in Charleston over the weekend, my favorite pair of Naot cork-soled sandals finally gave up the ghost. (After four years!) And to my shock, right there on King Street was a store that sold them. And I spent $145 to buy these: http://www.zappos.com/naot-footwear-...madras-leather in a slightly lighter black with bronzing (very pretty) and I know I will wear the crap out of them for four years.

OMG are they comfortable, especially if you have narrow feet. Totally worth the money.
    I've learned the hard way sandals aren't for me. Little pebbies and sand get in the shoes; once a sharp prickly thing fell off a plant and got in the shoe, and then I stepped real hard on it.

(That finally killed my desire to buy those $200 Think! sandals that I was craving for all summer)

Once I wear out my sandals, I'll be sticking to Mary Janes in the summer. Closed toes shoes are the way to go.
    Last edited by jlai; 10-05-2012 at 03:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I would really like to see a picture of that purse. Please?
    There are no pictures of it anywhere online! How weird! I will get a picture this weekend.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Remember I wanted a sleeveless white or cream top that's could go to work and play? I got this in the mail today--super cute.
    http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/product...aultColor=9192

The red one is a bit too bright for me if the color is true.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I like it!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thank you! I found it thanks to you guys.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Quadless
    vCash
    And on sale, too.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Yup.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Thank you! I found it thanks to you guys.
    I like that very much!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I want a commission from Ann Taylor!

Funny how the chain stores go in and out of having good stuff. A few years back AT had the dowdiest, baggiest clothes imaginable.

Yesterday I wore my new black AT sheath dress: http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/product...aultColor=6600 for public speaking. I got compliments on how I looked from everyone in the office and everyone at the event who knew me well enough to say so.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    PRlady, isn't it amazing how attire that gives you confidence in how you look can affect how an audience responds to you?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That's an awesome dress. Very chic and classy. And yes, you deserve a commission.

from Speedy Death

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    PRlady, isn't it amazing how attire that gives you confidence in how you look can affect how an audience responds to you?
    Her big mouth could wear a Hefty bag and still get a response.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    I had a gift card that was near its expiration date, so I made a detour to the mall today and picked up this pretty blue BCBG cocktail dress for $15 (it's going on ebay for $69!) and a brown and white summer dress by Connected (can't find a picture of it online) for $9. The lady running the fitting room laughed when she saw the summer dress and said that she'd been eyeing it for awhile, but since it didn't fit her she kept waiting for someone else to take it home It's still 80 degrees out today and the pool is open until November so I expect I'll get some use out of it this season yet.

And best of all I still have $30 on the gift card, so I'll have to make another trip soon!

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast