Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    They should ship it to you.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    They should ship it to you.
    If they actually have it, they will. But I thought it was funny that my first thought was, oh, there are nice FSUers there who care about this stuff.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Where at Short Hills? Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Saks? There is no Tahari store in Short Hills. The only other department store in SH is Macy's, and they do not carry Elie Tahari. I can pick it up for you. But, if it is any of those stores, you can call the store directly, ask for the department and they will ship it to you. Since it is not available at your closest store, they should not charge you for shipping. If you want me to pick it up, call and have them hold it. Phone number for the Short Hills Department Stores...

Nordstroms: 973.467.1500.
    Bloomingdales: 973.548.2200
    Neiman: 973.912.0080
    Saks: 973.376.7000

PM me and let me know what you need for me to do.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Where at Short Hills? Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Saks? There is no Tahari store in Short Hills. The only other department store in SH is Macy's, and they do not carry Elie Tahari. I can pick it up for you. But, if it is any of those stores, you can call the store directly, ask for the department and they will ship it to you. Since it is not available at your closest store, they should not charge you for shipping. If you want me to pick it up, call and have them hold it. Phone number for the Short Hills Department Stores...

Nordstroms: 973.467.1500.
    Bloomingdales: 973.548.2200
    Neiman: 973.912.0080
    Saks: 973.376.7000

PM me and let me know what you need for me to do.
    You are so nice. I was kidding. (And it's Saks.) If they or the Atlanta store actually have it ("inventory lags real time" my cust service rep intoned) they will send it to me with no shipping charge.

I hope they do. If there ever was a jacket I could wear on TV and then keep it on with jeans to go get a burger, it's this one: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...45524446483855

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    You are so nice. I was kidding. (And it's Saks.) If they or the Atlanta store actually have it ("inventory lags real time" my cust service rep intoned) they will send it to me with no shipping charge.

I hope they do. If there ever was a jacket I could wear on TV and then keep it on with jeans to go get a burger, it's this one: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...45524446483855
    LOVE IT! Very Chanel! The Saks in SH has a very large Elie Tahari department. They have more inventory for Tahari than the other 3 stores. So, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I can tell you that Bloomingdales.com has less than what is in the store. If they don't have the jacket in any of the Saks, try and get the vendor skew number. Then call Bloomingdales, etc.

This is a long shot, but you could also try the Elie Tahari outlet in Woodbury Commons. They are only one season behind and might have it. I don't know what their shipping polcies are, however. Here is the number: 845.928.3664

Did a Polyvore and Shopstyle search. The only stores that had the jacket were Saks and Bloomingdales. Both are sold out, on line. So, if Saks doesn't have it, try calling Bloomingdales. Call your local Bloomingdales and ask them to do a store search for you.
    Last edited by cruisin; 08-15-2012 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    PRlady, I like the jacket also.
    I hope that you can get it for the price you wish!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Well, OTOH, I swore I would have my VISA paid off by the end of august. This will move that goalpost a bit.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I was about to post how very Chanel this jacket is.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i LOVE that
    i look much better in collarless jackets
    and i will be going by saks tomorrow, well sort of but i can force it into my path
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I was about to post how very Chanel this jacket is.
    Great (fashion) minds think alike

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    wait, it's only in large or extra large? not fair
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    wait, it's only in large or extra large? not fair
    You skinny little girls bought up all the ones in your sizes. And I'm hoping the large fits, often I'm a medium, but in Tahari jackets I need a 12 to accomodate the chest.

I love zippers and invisible hooks-and-eyes on jackets. With buttons, too frequently there's the dreaded gap around the boobs.

Oh, and yes, it's on its way to me! got the email this morning.

vCash
    You skinny little girls bought up all the ones in your sizes. And I'm hoping the large fits, often I'm a medium, but in Tahari jackets I need a 12 to accomodate the chest.

I love zippers and invisible hooks-and-eyes on jackets. With buttons, too frequently there's the dreaded gap around the boobs.

Oh, and yes, it's on its way to me! got the email this morning.
    Yay! Where is it coming from? I have to go to the mall today (for daughter's boyfriend's birthday gift). I was going to check out Saks, to see if they had the jacket and report back, if they claimed no (and it was there ). We will need to see you rockin' the jacket!

MLP, call or go to a local Saks and/or Bloomingdales (or just call the Short Hills stores, numbers are above). Ask them to do a store search for you, they may find you a smaller size. Tahari does tend to run a little small across the back (in jackets). Skirts/pants tend to run a bit fuller in the hips, small in the waist.

vCash
    Well, OTOH, I swore I would have my VISA paid off by the end of august. This will move that goalpost a bit.
    Do we need to take up a collection for you?

vCash
    Found a dress I am coveting! I do have a few upcoming events t would be perfect for. Don't want to order it though, since I have no idea what size to order (DVF, I can range from a 0 to a 6, depending on cut and fabric). It has to be tried on. Waiting to see if it shows up in any stores, not holding my breath, however. http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...&bmUID=jAEo9VT In the Maroon. Of course, for me to look like the model, in the dress, I will need butt pads!

vCash
    I can see why you want that.
    Classic, yet with an edge.
    A dress that can be worn for years.

Love it; but I'm not tall enough to carry it,
    You are, I think.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Do we need to take up a collection for you?
    Uh, no. All I need is some more restraint.

And the reason I am now buying my SIXTH Tahari jacket is precisely because of the hourglass shape. Tahari is an Israeli and thus is intimately acquainted with the classic Jewish figure -- small-boned and quite lavish in the T&A department.

Let's see, I got one from Filene's (may it rest in peace), two from Loehmann's, and the other three on half-priced sale. This alleviates my guilt.

Cruisin, you would look spectacular in that dress.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That DvF dress is lovely, crusin. It's really me actually, but I'd get it in obsidian. Hope you figure out your size and enjoy it in maroon!

As far as Tahari goes, I don't conform to the classic Jewish figure stereotype in the T department. I have lots of Tahari, dresses and coats, all had to be altered. No jackets. Yet.

Let us know how you like that "Chanel" jacket! It's really cool, PRChic!

Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I can see why you want that.
    Classic, yet with an edge.
    A dress that can be worn for years.

Love it; but I'm not tall enough to carry it,
    You are, I think.
    I am short and would be fine wearing that dress but would have to hem it to just above the knee. I can't carry that length either.

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Sorry for the double post: currently I am looking for a sleeveless white blouse, fitted, with a little stretch and fairly classic, although I don't mind a little ruching or another on trend detail. To be worn to work with jackets and pencil skirts/fitted pants or with a pair of jeans.

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Sorry for the double post: currently I am looking for a sleeveless white blouse, fitted, with a little stretch and fairly classic, although I don't mind a little ruching or another on trend detail. To be worn to work with jackets and pencil skirts/fitted pants or with a pair of jeans.
    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...d=3&pid=905959

Like that?

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast