Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 607
  1. #1
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,532
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38866

    What do I wear?...the sequel

    I hope no-one else started a second part to this, if they did and I missed it I'm sorry.

    I just have to do the snoopy happy dance. I finally got to Nordstrom's customer service and the dress and jacket I infamously bought in May were reduced by.....$330. Meaning that beautiful dress and jacket cost me a little more than $400, which I think is entirely reasonable.

    Another heartfelt cheer for Nordstrom. They keep their promises!
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,498
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    Hooray!
    I'm sure you'll enjoy the ensemble even more in the years ahead.

    I love Nordstrom's.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    1,845
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wow, that is awesome! Hooray!

  4. #4
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,119
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33169
    Nordstrom!!!! And PRChic!
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    1,845
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    woooo, thank goodness this thread has been continued because hubby and I have decided to renew our wedding vows on our 13th anniversary this October! We originally planned to do it on our 10th but then life happened, ie. had to replace my minivan AND his car. oye. Anyhoo, we'd like to make it for this October taking place at Baker Beach or The Palace of Fine Arts rotunda, both in San Francisco but will adjust the date if say the rotunda is booked. When we first got married I always wanted to have the wedding and reception under the rotunda but they don't allow amplified sound and I had to rent port a potties (yuck!) so it never happened. Now that it will be just us and our 4 kids, the rotunda is VERY possible. I have always liked the thought of a beach wedding and to have the Golden Gate in the background would be fabulous, but it is Baker Beach and with my luck I'll end up with nudists in the background along with the bridge. hehehe
    I've been looking at dresses and here's my Pinterest board of what I've found so far. This board basically tells you what I'm thinking but am open to other ideas.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,646
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    I like all the dresses but my favorite is the 1st one - the sleeveless v-neck one. There are a few that I think are a little matronly...probably not the look you're going for.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,498
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    Of what you've posted thus far, I like the first dress - as long as it's not too short - and the lace AP immediately below it.
    You should look for something sophisticated - and not too "cute".

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,212
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I also like the first one, so far.

    Found this, it's very elegant and simple: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/David-...&cmCat=product
    Since it's October, you could do longer sleeves. This is gorgeous on, my daughter has it is dark charcoal: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...3D1%26rid%3D61
    Gorgeous, but a little $$$: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...&bmUID=jAmZryL
    http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...&bmUID=jAmZryP

    PRLady, that's fantastic. A great price for a stunning ensemble!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,646
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I hope no-one else started a second part to this, if they did and I missed it I'm sorry.

    I just have to do the snoopy happy dance. I finally got to Nordstrom's customer service and the dress and jacket I infamously bought in May were reduced by.....$330. Meaning that beautiful dress and jacket cost me a little more than $400, which I think is entirely reasonable.

    Another heartfelt cheer for Nordstrom. They keep their promises!
    Is this the one you wore to the White House? That was gorgeous.

    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I also like the first one, so far.

    Found this, it's very elegant and simple: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/David-...&cmCat=product
    Since it's October, you could do longer sleeves. This is gorgeous on, my daughter has it is dark charcoal: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...3D1%26rid%3D61
    Gorgeous, but a little $$$: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...&bmUID=jAmZryL
    http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...&bmUID=jAmZryP
    The model in the 1st link looks like she has scoliosis. Or terrible posture.

  10. #10
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,808
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    23556
    I went clothes shopping today. I spent over $350 even with a discount. The sales lady turns to me and says in a chipper tone "You saved $66 today!"

    Um, not really...
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,212
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    The model in the 1st link looks like she has scoliosis. Or terrible posture.
    The weird "model pose". You're right, that one is particularly awkward.

    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I went clothes shopping today. I spent over $350 even with a discount. The sales lady turns to me and says in a chipper tone "You saved $66 today!"

    Um, not really...
    But, when you combine that with triple Bloomie points, it feels a little better.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,487
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    I went clothes shopping today. I spent over $350 even with a discount. The sales lady turns to me and says in a chipper tone "You saved $66 today!"

    Um, not really...
    Get anything good? I love watching clothing/makeup/jewelry haul videos on YouTube (at least most of them that aren't braggy), it's basically what I used to do with my mom and sister when I lived at home. "See I got this sweater!" "Ooh cute!"

    The other day, I spent $80 at Kohl's and the "savings" was $245 Three sweaters, a pair of jeans, a dress, a towel and a shower caddy, all from the clearance section plus a 30% coupon.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,212
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^^ Impressive!

  14. #14
    Internet Beyotch
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    15,808
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    23556
    I was mostly buying dress pants and tops for work. So nothing particularly interesting.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

  15. #15
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,532
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38866
    On the vow-renewal, I like the dresses from vintage and david's for MHH. We already know she's gorgeous and can wear strapless.

    I had to return my mom's birthday present to Anthropologie yesterday, too big. Unfortunately, at Tyson's Galleria that store is right next to the only Tahari store in this area. And they had a sale rack.

    At least I only bought the beautiful white blouse at half price and not the other two tops that fit me. Everyone needs a good white blouse, right?
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,212
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    On the vow-renewal, I like the dresses from vintage and david's for MHH. We already know she's gorgeous and can wear strapless.

    I had to return my mom's birthday present to Anthropologie yesterday, too big. Unfortunately, at Tyson's Galleria that store is right next to the only Tahari store in this area. And they had a sale rack.

    At least I only bought the beautiful white blouse at half price and not the other two tops that fit me. Everyone needs a good white blouse, right?
    Absolutely! And, since white blouses tend to develop "mystery stains" when put away for the season you don't wear them, everyone needs new white blouses occasionally. I think that is one of the true mysteries, where do these stains, that were not there when you put the white garment away, come from?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,487
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    myhoneyhoney, I really like this dress. It's pretty and bride-y without being too bride-y. I think the tea color would be gorgeous against your skintone, too.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,498
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    Of the strapless options, I like that one best, also.

  19. #19
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,119
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33169
    Having seen your picture, mhh (and you are gorgeous), I'd go with a v-neck sleeveless, either the satin or the lace one on your Pinterest (camille lavie/Marie May).

    I am sort of burned out on strapless but that just me. I am sure you'd look great in that too.

    I also absolutely love the one that cruisin found in NM, the sequined one. I think the intense white would look amazing with your coloring but am not sure if you like the silhouette. I do, it's right up my alley.

    And yes, PRLady, everyone needs a white blouse, especially professionals who dress for the office.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 08-13-2012 at 10:21 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  20. #20
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,532
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38866
    There's another Elie jacket I've been wanting for a while. It's now on sale for half price, but not online. I contacted a sales rep by online chat who informed me that there MAY be one in my size in either Short Hills, NJ or Atlanta.

    My first thought was asking cruising or cyn to go pick it up.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •