Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quadless
    vCash
    No way. No one beats Gracie.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Not the way the GP Announcement is written, unless he were to win one of five early Senior B's, and then he'd be so far down the list, he'd never get into a group of five to be selected.

Alternates list (in order)
    • Split couples/Return skaters
    • Skaters in proper order of top 24 SB
    • Top 75 SB
    • Comeback skaters/couples (7th-12th at 2010 or 2011 WC's)
    • Winners of US Senior International, Nebelhorn, Nepala, Finlandia, Cup of Nice
    Thanks!

Also curious - how did Johnny Weir get 2 GP assignments then? AFAIK he didn't compete at 2010 Worlds or anything since.

vCash
    He'll even beat Gracie Gold.
    Nobody will beat Gracie Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Thanks!

Also curious - how did Johnny Weir get 2 GP assignments then? AFAIK he didn't compete at 2010 Worlds or anything since.
    Comeback skaters who have previously placed top 6 at Worlds are eligible for two GP spots (they can use this provision once).

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post

Any skater/team who placed 1-6 at a World Championships but took off one or more competitive seasons can apply for one-time "Come-back" skater status, with a written commitment to do two events before the initial selection meeting. (GP 2.1.c). Weir and Ando took the option this year.

I think Lysacek could have as well: he got two last year, but because one was guaranteed by being top 24 in WS (18) and the second was the USA host pick. I think he didn't take the one-time option, which is good contingency for next season, this season because his ducks weren't in a row with USFS by the initial selection meeting. He also might not have wanted to commit to two this season.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Any skater/team who placed 1-6 at a World Championships but took off one or more competitive seasons can apply for one-time "Come-back" skater status, with a written commitment to do two events before the initial selection meeting. (GP 2.1.c). Weir and Ando took the option this year.

I think Lysacek could have as well: he got two last year, but because one was guaranteed by being top 24 in WS (18) and the second was the USA host pick. I think he didn't take the one-time option, which is good contingency for next season, this season because his ducks weren't in a row with USFS by the initial selection meeting. He also might not have wanted to commit to two this season.
    Thanks! See you at SA where we'll get to enjoy watching Evan's comeback then.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    Not good news.

Hope, hope, hope it's something minor and he'll be able to do SA

vCash
    ^In the article, it's mentioned incidentally, so I'm thinking that it's minor

vCash
    Hopefully minor.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Press release: http://uspolitics.einnews.com/pr_new...n-evan-lysacek
    ORCHARD PARK, New York, Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Air Cargo - National Airlines, a United States Logistics and Charter Provider which has emerged into a leading global freight solutions provider with presence in Europe, Middle East, Far East and Africa, is proud to announce its sponsorship of current Olympic figure skating champion Evan Lysacek in his quest to defend his title at the 2014 Winter Olympics to be held in Sochi, Russia.
    Lysacek mentioned National Air Cargo on his Twitter back in mid-July so I assume this deal has been in the works since then.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Good for him! Any updates on the injury?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    tik tok tik tok

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Any updates on the injury?
    According to Phil Hersh's tweet today:
    Evan Lysacek's agent, Shep Goldberg, says skater pulled from recent Sun Valley show with groin injury. Goldberg: "Does not appear serious."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Pulled groin injury perhaps? He should be fine.

vCash
    Hey Evan, take care don't get injured for nothing. I am very looking forward to the Rematch. Don't you disappoint dude.

vCash
    If Plushy could skate multiple years with his knees and hips being held together by duct tape, I'm sure a lil' ol' groin injury will not be a problem for Evan.

vCash
    ^^ HE won't pass the metal detector test!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    If Plushy could skate multiple years with his knees and hips being held together by duct tape, I'm sure a lil' ol' groin injury will not be a problem for Evan.
    Evan isn't made of steel like Plushy

vCash
    What happens if he's surrounded by commercial magnets ... I wonder??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    tik tok tik tok
    Indeed. It is always interesting to gamble upon how soon the skaters who come back will suffer from injury.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast