Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    According to ISU Communication 1742, section 7

Based on the experience of the past season, the Minimum Total Technical Scores listed below should result in the above-mentioned goal of achieving a number of competitor entries that allow to have an Event Schedule manageable for the respective Organizing Committees, the Skaters and Officials as well as respecting engagements with host and commercial partners. However, if it became evident that the number of entries based on the Minimum Total Technical Scores listed below would be significantly higher or lower than expected, the ISU Council reserves the right to subsequently slightly re-adjust the Minimum Total Technical Scores in order to achieve the above-mentioned objective.
    It doesn't say anything about removing the requirement altogether, but the document says, when announcing new minimums for World Juniors, that the basis of the ISU Council's authority is ISU Constitution Article 17.q.1, which reads,

in case exceptional circumstances so require and warrant
    i) modification of any Rule in the General Regulations, Special Regulations and in Technical Rules;
    under the following circumstance,

For the Council to act under this paragraph 1.q) to modify, suspend or grant an exception to any Rule in the General Regulations, Special Regulations and/or any Technical Rules, there must exist "exceptional circumstances" which, for purposes of this paragraph, are circumstances that are unusual, rare and not typical and that make the action of the Council in lieu of the Congress necessary and provide an adequate basis for the Council's action. In the absence of exceptional circumstances in an emergency situation that require and warrant immediate action by the Council, Members will be provided with fourteen (14) days written notice of any proposed Rule change(s) and the opportunity to provide written comments on proposed Rule change(s) before the Council takes any action under this paragraph 1.q)
    Which reads to me that they can do anything they please whenever they please.

Why they'd want to punt the purpose of creating minimums in the first place across the board is beyond me. They did make an exception last year for Plushenko to participate in Euros without a Euros minimum, so, perhaps they'd do the same for Lysacek for 4C's. It would be interesting if they gave Lysacek a Worlds exception, when they didn't for Plushenko.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    How would Scott know Evan is the hardest working figure skater?

vCash
    Because he's beautifully trained.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    So beautifully trained.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    cough, cough.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Because Lysacek skated for Stars on Ice.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415