Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Per the Vail.com website, Lysacek is scheduled to skate in Vail Dec. 20-22.
    So, no Patrick Chan in Vail this year? He has been the top-billed skater in Vail for the last few seasons during the winter holiday shows...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Why anyone thinks Johnny is likely to play decently enough at Worlds to help the U.S regain 3 spots at this point is beyond me. Skating his best in Vancouver he came 6th when the caliber of skating was much lower than now. Even with his usual mediocre and dissapointing Worlds perforamnces Abbott would probably place as high or higher at this point. Dornbush would probably place higher than Johnny at Worlds at this point too. With any team the U.S is unlikely to get 3 spots though unless someone like Abbott surprises by performing better than usual at Worlds.
    Will be responding to this in the U.S. men thread since the above post and my response are inappropriate and unwelcome in Evan's official comeback announcement thread.

ETA: Check that -- to the Trash Can instead per Sylvia's request, as indeed my response is so out of place in any GSD thread
    Last edited by aftershocks; 10-12-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    Groin injuries are typically very stubborn and very easy to reinjure. This really up-ends Evan's proposed season but being very cautious is the only way to get to complete healing with this particular problem.
    Wasn't a groin pull/tear what took out Alexei Urmanov? Tore it in competition and ended up not competing again?

vCash
    Yes Alexi was leading after the short program at worlds and had to withdraw due to the injury - it was his best shot at actually winning a world title. Same injury that ended Elvis's consistency - how he competed with it at the Olympics in Japan is still a marvel, but certainly he paid a price.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    For those interested, here's the direct link to audio of Lysacek's media teleconference the day after (Oct. 11) his withdrawal from Skate America.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-19-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From Sarah and Drew's 10/23/12 "Inside Edge" blog:
    We were happy to hear from Evan Lysacek recently, in a teleconference, although we were very sorry he had to withdraw from Skate America due to a re-aggravated groin injury. We've been wondering what his current training routine is.

"Part of my training has been recovering from this injury," Lysacek said. "I was starting every day with an hour to two hours of warm-up and physical therapy. I've been working on the hip strength and core strength, and trying to reintroduce as many exercises to that aggravated area as possible in the morning, so things were really firing.

"My on-ice training sessions are a bit shorter than they were ... I would do between two and three hours of training on the ice, I would take a couple of hours extra, including taking some breaks, warming up, etc., and then I would go to the gym in the evening four days a week: some weight training, some interval training, some calisthenics.

"This is my full-time job, so training is my number one priority. Since I've had this injury, my training has included a little bit more conditioning and some rehabilitation in addition to just the training."
    Source link: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news (scroll down to "A day in the life")
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Good hear that Lysacek is training and recuperating from his injury. Looking forward to his return.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Wow So happy to hear he started training again. But DON'T work TOO HARD, Evan!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Wow So happy to hear he started training again. But DON'T work TOO HARD, Evan!!

Sorry but that is impossible, according to Scott Hamilton (on last week's SA broadcast), Evan is the hardest working figure skater

vCash
    Doesn't Evan have to compete at least one senior B comp to qualify for 4cc or Worlds?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Doesn't Evan have to compete at least one senior B comp to qualify for 4cc or Worlds?
    Yes, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that Lysacek is hoping to compete at a Senior B before Nationals:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3707684

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Sorry but that is impossible, according to Scott Hamilton (on last week's SA broadcast), Evan is the hardest working figure skater

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes, it was mentioned earlier in this thread that Lysacek is hoping to compete at a Senior B before Nationals:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3707684
    Thanks! That was how I thought but PJ's recent article indicated that we'll see him not untill Nats so I was a bit puzzled.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    @EvanLysacek tweeted twice yesterday (early hours of November 6):

"First day back on the ice today!!!!"

"Rough day."

ETA from this article posted in this GSD thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...nefit-ice-show
    Lysacek said he cannot wait to get back on the ice training Tuesday. He also said he will be breaking in new skates then.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-06-2012 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    Mr. Hersh tweeted today:

Philip Hersh‏@olyphil
    If Evan Lysacek is healthy (he is back on ice after Skate AM WD with groin injury) his first comp since '10 Oly will be D 13-16 in Croatia

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Phil Hersh tweeted this today:

"Evan Lysacek will not go to Golden Spin of Zagreb. Nationals to be his first comp in nearly 3 years - if he is healthy." (ETA: source is his agent, Shep Goldberg, via text message on Friday)

Hersh also mentioned that Lysacek skated in a cancer benefit show this past Wednesday that will air on CBS on November 25th: http://www.kaleidoscope.org/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-16-2012 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    Maybe we've been through all this but my brain is a bit foggy today - but how has Lysacek qualified for Nationals? Don't tell me he's still got a bye from the Olympic medal!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    USFS Rule 2517 (B) gives any U.S. medalist at the most recent Olympics (Lysacek & Davis/White in 2010) a bye to Nationals from 2011-2014. See: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3745038

vCash
    so he could qualify for worlds but have to still have to establish eligibilty for worlds after nationals.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Challenge Cup, Feb. 21-24, in The Hague, Netherlands, could be a likely Senior B option IF Lysacek needs to attain 2013 Worlds minimum TES scores.

ETA that there are earlier Sr. B options in February as well (in GER, SLO, AUT, possibly ITA).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-17-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast