Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Is this the same injury that kept Evan from skating at Champs Camp?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Is this the same injury that kept Evan from skating at Champs Camp?
    Apparently, yes. From Hersh's article:
    The groin problem has bothered him since August, when Lysacek withdrew from an exhibition at Sun Valley, Idaho.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Better to heal well now than risk more serious injury later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I heard recently that Lysacek was skating pretty clean run-throughs and was looking good, so I wouldn't count him out just yet.

ETA this article link in which Phil Hersh reports

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,7288085.story
    Most of the regular show cast who saw him train in his early Sun Valley trip this Summer reported he looked better than ever. Easy quad in both programs, new combinations (3 Lutz half loop 3 Flip) and Amazing footwork. I hope to see him back in top health again soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonavan View Post
    [B]

Most of the regular show cast who saw him train in his early Sun Valley trip this Summer reported he looked better than ever. Easy quad in both programs, new combinations (3 Lutz half loop 3 Flip) and Amazing footwork. I hope to see him back in top health again soon...
    I saw a video of Evan's Sun Valley performances (Poeta & I Believe I Can Fly), and he looked fantastic. I especially liked his performance to Poeta. His jumps were crisp, and his footwork was amazing. IMO, Evan is more musical since his stint on DWTS.

vCash
    Evan Lysacek has withdrawn from Skate America "due to a groin injury"; Armin Mahbanoozadeh has replaced him - press release:
    http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48513&type=media

"Lysacek expects to compete at the 2013 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Jan. 20-27, in Omaha, Neb."
    That's too bad about Evan, and I hope he recovers completely- but I am very happy for Armin. He deserves it and will be great to see.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^ I also don't expect to see him compete again
    A good question is if we will see any of Ando, Plushenko, Lysacek, or Weir at a Worlds again. I would say no.

Ando- will skate one last event at some fluff event like Japan Open.

Plushenko- will continue competing at Europeans, Russian Nationals, Cup of Russia, and maybe the 2014 Olympics. Not at a Worlds.

Lysacek- wont compete again.

Weir- will compete reglarly, but wont be successful in making the 2013 Worlds, 2014 Olympics, or 2014 Worlds team.

vCash
    Updated article from Philip Hersh with quotes from Evan:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,7288085.story

vCash
    FWIW, my hearsay report on Lysacek was from last week.

vCash
    Groin injuries are typically very stubborn and very easy to reinjure. This really up-ends Evan's proposed season but being very cautious is the only way to get to complete healing with this particular problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    Groin injuries are typically very stubborn and very easy to reinjure. This really up-ends Evan's proposed season but being very cautious is the only way to get to complete healing with this particular problem.
    I wonder if he'll consider participating in senior B comps.

vCash
    Told you the injury was serious...

vCash
    not really that surprised

vCash
    I think it just shows as you get older and are away from the sport it gets harder and harder then when you were in competition shape and still 22.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonavan View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    True on both accounts. Excited for Armin, though!!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I hope for Evan's sake he is able to compete at a Senior B if his intention is to try and qualify for Worlds or 4CCs. He's gonna need a minimum score...

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Evan is not going to win Olys again and will be lucky to make the team again. Once you take time off the injuries and age just snowball. It's frustrating when Oly champs take the gold and flee the scene - so I'm glad he's giving it a try though.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Evan is not going to win Olys again and will be lucky to make the team again. Once you take time off the injuries and age just snowball. It's frustrating when Oly champs take the gold and flee the scene - so I'm glad he's giving it a try though.
    You have to wonder if Evan used Johnny's performance at Finlandia as a gauge for his return.

There are so many US guys at the top who are so strong now. With only two spots available in London, any number of them could make the team at this point if they nail it at US Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    You have to wonder if Evan used Johnny's performance at Finlandia as a gauge for his return.

There are so many US guys at the top who are so strong now. With only two spots available in London, any number of them could make the team at this point if they nail it at US Nationals.
    If I had to guess, probably not. Kudos to Johnny for getting out there and actually competing, but it was far from a homerun. Not a meltdown, but he didn't do great either. I maybe would have bought this (a little) if Johnny had been amazing, but he was pretty mediocre at Finlandia (and this is from a fan). I doubt Evan was intimidated by it or used it as a gauge for his own comeback.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast