Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Not so anymore - I hope, because with or without a quad, there are far better skaters than Lysacek.
    Oh yes, there are better skaters than Lysacek, but I question whether they are also better competitors? Being an excellent skater counts little, if one is inconsistent.

vCash
    Oh come on, why can't we look at the broader picture for all these come backs like Evan, Evgeni, Yuna, Miki and Johnny? It is good for the sport! They are all elite skaters and still have something to offer. I am sure they won't return if they are not well prepared. No one wants to make a fool of themselves ... not these elite skaters. They have more to lose than US. So let US sit back and enjoy the competition and the skating. London will be most exciting. Tickets should sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    so we'll mostly have same old face
    I want Hanyu to kick Butt
    Youth triumphs over 'old faces'? Very possible. Maybe in Sochi we may see some very talented upcoming juniors obliterate the 'old faces' both in men and women. Can't wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    And that may even be true. Scoring at the Olympics can sometimes be different than worlds because figure skating is on display to the world. They may be less likely to reward a difficult program with falls at the Olympics than they would be at worlds. I don't think that means that someone with no quad will win again. But a clean program from Dai with one quad may be more likely to beat a messy program from chan with two quads at the Olympics than it would be at worlds.
    I agree. With the world watching, skating a clean program matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The judges should have been consistently marking him down on the GOE for the very apparent pre-rotation (much bigger than what is usually the case).

With the technical panel, it's not as clear cut as they cannot watch the pre-rotation in slo-mo.
    Was he still having pre-rotation problems on the triple axel in the 2009-10 season? If so, can you (or anybody else) point me to some examples?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Was he still having pre-rotation problems on the triple axel in the 2009-10 season? If so, can you (or anybody else) point me to some examples?
    Skate America short program is where it was actually called. Other than that it was a season of edge calls and warnings on the flip.

vCash
    From what I hear, Jeremy doesn't stand a chance against Evan.

Comansnala?
    vCash
    First I've only read ""Evan" announced his ..." and I was like ... YEAH!!! ... but then I realized ... my, why can't this disgrace just go away forever ...

vCash
    http://www.examiner.com/article/back...etitive-return

Lysacek is aiming for Sochi. He says he plans to peak in Sochi. Good luck Evan. Can't wait for the "Battle of the Olympian Medallists"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/article/back...etitive-return

Lysacek is aiming for Sochi. He says he plans to peak in Sochi. Good luck Evan. Can't wait for the "Battle of the Olympian Medallists"!
    I predict a 1994 mens skating repeat.

vCash
    #geezerfest2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    #geezerfest2014
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I predict a 1994 mens skating repeat.
    ..... so long all knees are safe and sound

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokko! View Post
    First I've only read ""Evan" announced his ..." and I was like ... YEAH!!! ... but then I realized ... my, why can't this disgrace just go away forever ...
    And now you know how I felt when Plushenko announced his return.

Evan for Sochi Gold!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    From what I hear, Jeremy doesn't stand a chance against Evan.
    Hear, from who? where? what exactly?

Do you mean that U.S. judges and TPTB have already made up their minds who will win gold at Nats in 2013?

Does Johnny stand a chance against Evan, then, or Jeremy stand a chance against Johnny? What about Rippon, Dornbush, Miner, et al, ... are they simply out of the picture fighting for bronze and platinum and staying home?

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    ...Nationals is gonna be an absolute bloodbath.
    But ..., I thought 2012 was supposed to be the bloodbath. I didn't see too much blood tho', just a honey badger, a neat ponytail doing some minor damage, lots of cool eyebrows, hair, and fun costumes, with Jonathan Cassar standing out with superb artistry and unmatchable spreadeagles. Oh, and Dornbush unfortunately hitting the ice "like it insulted his mother," Miner & Armin M battling for third spot, and Rippon & Abbott skating with great conviction/ determination, achieving redemption. Yeah sure, there will likely be a battle royal, if not blood at 2013 Nats men's event.

Quote Originally Posted by flipforsynchro View Post
    Buttle and Lambiel put me to sleep. Watching skaters with less good artistic skills is way more fun.
    Mmmm, ahem, ya don't say. Well based on your stated location, your preference is not too surprising I suppose ...
    Last edited by aftershocks; 08-12-2012 at 05:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Hear, from who? where? what exactly?

Do you mean that U.S. judges and TPTB have already made up their minds who will win gold at Nats in 2013?

Does Johnny stand a chance against Evan, then, or Jeremy stand a chance against Johnny? What about Rippon, Dornbush, Miner, et al, ... are they simply out of the picture fighting for bronze and platinum and staying home?
    Evan is gonna win everything! He will even win Canadian Nats! He's just that good

More on point. I don't think there's been a Worlds team with Evan (and/or Johnny) that hasn't kept/won 3 spots, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    Evan is gonna win everything! He will even win Canadian Nats! He's just that good

More on point. I don't think there's been a Worlds team with Evan (and/or Johnny) that hasn't kept/won 3 spots, right?
    I didn't know Evan was competing with the Canadian ladies?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Skate America short program is where it was actually called. Other than that it was a season of edge calls and warnings on the flip.
    Thank you! (And, yes, that does ring a bell.)

If anyone else can point to an instance in the 2009-10 season where his triple axel should have been marked as underroated but wasn't, I would dearly love to hear about it.

My impression, which may be incorrect, is that Lysacek and Carroll worked very hard that season to fix the underrotation problem on the triple axel and succeeded but that posters here on FSU never noticed (or paid attention).

vCash
    ^^ Well, good job by Carroll and Lysacek, then. At least Evan improved that dang 3-axel enough to land it and make the judges give him a pass on his poor take-off technique.

FS has just got so much drama and stuff to analyze, debate, and over-analyze that some stuff just gets not noticed.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 08-12-2012 at 06:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    FS has just got so much drama and stuff to analyze, debate, and over-analyze that some stuff just gets not noticed.
    Stuff like skating, for example.

vCash
    ^^ Yeah, actual performances, natch, especially under IJS/ CoP (that is, unless the performances happen to be by Dai and Jeremy)! For some fans tho', it just seems to be more fun to over-analyze protocols and dish over opposing faves, and agonize (for non-fans of PC that is) over Chan's ginormous, unbeatable skating skills, audience's boos, Evan's former agent's boo-boo, and ISU judges' stubborn insistence on rewarding falls with a gold medal... Ah well, new season a-coming.

Hang on, it's bound to be a bumpy ride to Sochi!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast