Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I'm sure Frank Carroll will be there to tell us that nobody has ever skated to Poeta as passionately as Evan.
    And NO ONE works harder than Evan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    And NO ONE works harder than Evan.
    That goes without saying! But something like what I wrote would not be unprecedented, either.

I didn't mind Evan for most of his career. It was only when he was being shoved at us like the greatest, most artistic, hardest working person on the planet that I became annoyed. In his place, I'd be happy that everything aligned for me to win gold and find something else to do.

vCash
    I'm sure Frank Carroll will be there to tell us that nobody has ever skated to Poeta as passionately as Evan.
    Does that mean he'll flail his arms faster than before, and the grabbing at himself

I can't say I'm particularly excited about this comeback.
    Not at all, not surprised either.
    Last edited by crankyintheAM; 08-10-2012 at 03:05 PM.

vCash
    Just like with Johnny, I'll believe it when I actually see it. If Skate America comes around and Evan gets on the ice, then I'll believe it.

*shrugs*

As long as they get marked to the same standard as everyone else at Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    I'm a bit surprised about his music choices, especially the LP music. It's very romantic and soft. Also the SP music is rather soft. But there're both passionate and not as "warhouse" as Firebird or Carmen. I love his musical choices.

vCash
    How many Spanish/Latin programs has Evan had in his career? If he was good in it, I'd be fine with it. But I guess that the puppet show is back!

vCash
    That goes without saying! But something like what I wrote would not be unprecedented, either.

you mean this?
    "He's the most passionate and interpretive skater probably in the world right now," says his coach, famed Frank Carroll.

vCash
    You don't have to believe what Frank Carroll says.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan26 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised about his music choices, especially the LP music. It's very romantic and soft. Also the SP music is rather soft. But there're both passionate and not as "warhouse" as Firebird or Carmen.
    Nice. Can't wait to see Evan's versions. Who's the choreographer/s? Lori?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    The program that I saw Evan perform was to Poeta en el Puerto & Poeta en el Mar.
    O.K, here are the other pieces of the album Poeta, the correct ones supposedly.

Poeta en el Puerto
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQNmkIO7N1A

Poeta en el Mar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xYh-KI9IqM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Mens skating wont be interesting in a competitive sense until Chan retires. Well the silver and bronze medal battles perhaps. However even then if Takahashi and Hanyu continue skating as they did at the end of last season those others cannot even challenge them for the remaining two medals.

Plushenko's PCS from Euros indicate that judges picked him as the favourite from Europe to challenge Chan and Takahashi. If Plushenko is still as consistent with his jumps as he always was and imropve his choreography and transitions he can very well challenge for the bronze. He is the king when it comes to jumps and I would bet my money that he will land them all despite his age. Dai and Yuzuru both occasionally have troubles with jumps. On the other, marks Dai got at WTT indicate that judges might have taken into consideration all complaints about Chan being completely unbeatable even when he makes mistakes and they will finally let someone else rival him for the top spot. I hope that this coming season Dai will be given some chances to win against Chan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    I saw a video of his performance at Sun Valley. He skated to Poeta and it was fantastic.
    Is there a public link to this video?

Here's Lysacek's updated Team USA bio: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100081&mode=I
    SP Music: "Poeta" by Vicente Amigo
    FS Music: "Mon cœur s'ouvre a ta voix" by Camille Saint-Saens
    Choreographer: Lori Nichol
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-10-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I saw the Today Show this morning, too. Evan said that Vera was working on his new suits. He also said his programs were ready and his music was ready. He looked great and was really excited about competing starting in October.

Good to have you back, Evan!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    If anyone is going to challenge the idea that a quad is necessary it is him! All the medalists at 2012 worlds tried it in the SP and LP so he will be an aggressive challenger to that. He will say that he has everything! That the quads being done are taking away from all the others artistry.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I just noticed he was listed on the competitors on the SA website. I should have checked here first.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    It's funny, but my feelings for Evan have dulled somewhat. I would never have called myself an uber but I was always there to cheer him on during the '07 - '10 quadrennial and defend him and his Olympic title against the Haters. I recognized and really respected him as the best trained and least headcase-y of the top US men and loved him for it

Now, for me, he really needs to put up if he truly is going for it, or risk losing face. No excuses about contract problems. The world of men's skating has changed dramatically since Vancouver: The quad is valued and to be in that elite set of men these days, you have to do it, preferably more than once. I can't say that I'll be a fan of his at all if he shows up with arm-flinging, choreographed angst and 2 3x's. It just won't cut it anymore. Now, if he is fine with a top 10 finish doing that, fine (Although I can't see the USFSA being fine with that!). But, no excuses or complaints about it.

I am encouraged by his music choices posted up-thread. That's a start and might show a more lyrical side to him. I also hope that he learned some things about pizzazz doing all those shows and DWTS, learned something about his inner self that will come across a little more genuinely when he skates. FC is a good coach, but he has a habit of doing the same old same old year after year. Evan needs to be different now, technically and artistically, to be a big threat (again, if he's competing to win)

Oh, and Nationals with 2 eligible spots, and all these men figuring into the mix, is going to be nuts!

Just my .02

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I saw the Today Show this morning, too. Evan said that Vera was working on his new suits. He also said his programs were ready and his music was ready. He looked great and was really excited about competing starting in October.

Good to have you back, Evan!
    Top choreographer, top designer and top coach. Evan is ready to roar!

vCash
    Please god let him have better triple axels.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to comparing his Poeta to Lambiel's masterpiece. Seriously.

vCash
    Good luck to Evan. It's a gutsy choice for him to come back, because he knows that every competition that he doesn't win will be scrutinized.

(I still believe it when I see it though )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    So we have Chan, Takahashi, Plushenko, Hanyu, Lysacek, Weir, Brzezina, Fernandez, Joubert. It's going to be really interesting.
    so we'll mostly have same old face
    I want Hanyu to kick Butt

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast