Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Ugh, the BBC may be great but their website has really fecked me off several times during the games - I have spent 15 minutes trying to find out when the final Fred Evans is in and who he is up against.
    http://www.london2012.com/boxing/eve...9kg/index.html

sunday aug 12 14:15 against serik sapiyev of kazakhstan
    Last edited by skfan; 08-11-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: sp

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    http://www.london2012.com/boxing/eve...9kg/index.html

sunday aug 12 14:15 against sarek sapiyev of kazakhstan (sp)

Thankyou so much!!!!!!!!

Really, I am getting annoyed with the BBC offering me highlights of this and that on video when I visit their pages, no!!! I want info - Im sick of everything being on video - I would so rather read a text news story. Ugh.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Thankyou so much!!!!!!!!
    glad to be of service

since i'm so often beholden to NBC and its buffering, i often go to that site when the suspense becomes too much

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Being brazilian, you probably know I'd not be the one rooting for argentinians

But olympics, we're together, in lack of support our athletes get (other than footaball, that is)

Congratulations on the gold!!!
    I hope the basketball team gets the bronze .

I'd write in spanish, but the best I can do is portuñol
    hahahaha, thanks

Yeah, besides, we'll always be in opposing sides when it comes to our football teams, but in all the other sports I always root for the brasilians (unless they are competing against us, of course)
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

vCash
    Feeling 50/50 about our results today.
    Firstly we take a bronze medal in the 10KM open swim -- very unexpected by Richard Weinberger.
    Then I tuned in to women's comp for taekwondo and see that a woman who was expected to challenge for a medal (Sergerie of Canada) gets wiped by a taller opponent. Sheesh ...
    We did get a young man in the kayak sprints qualify for the A finals that take place tomorrow whose name is Mark de Jonge. Jason McCoombs qualified for the B Final in the Canoe sprint. The only woman in sprints today -- Emilie Fournel -- got eliminated in the semi-final. The men's double of cochrane/Fournel (different Fournel) qualified for the final.
    Oh yeah, something is happening at 7:30 am EST but I can't recall why I should want to be up to see it ... off to check the CTV website. And I can't quite figure out what they were saying we should see but I suspect it's the water sprints for the possibility of medals. Guess I will find out tomorrow :-)
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Mountain Biking perhaps?

vCash
    Deb - the Fournels are brother and sister.

vCash
    Im sick of everything being on video - I would so rather read a text news story. Ugh.
    I hear ya and feel your pain. bring back the printed word!!!
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post
    I hear ya and feel your pain. bring back the printed word!!!
    buy a newspaper, punk.

vCash

(off to sulk in the corner with my newsprint)

"Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mocha-ice View Post
    Synchro is very deceiving to the regular viewer unfortunately.. I competed for years so it's easier for me to tell the amazing routines from the good ones, but I know it's not a super easy thing. Even my mom doesn't always understand.
    And what were your thoughts on the different teams? How would you have ranked them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    For me the eighth place finisher looks as good as the first place finish in synchro which tells you how little I know about the sport. I want to be enertained and if I was handing out gold for that it would be Team Canada hands down.
    OK, during the Egypt swimmers, the commentator on NBC said one of the girls competed for an American university in solo. So, beyond the shock there are university synchro teams, ummm...what the hell is a solo synchronized routine? Is that like the sound of one hand clapping?

I watched synchro duets with my aunt over the week-end. It was really interesting watching with her. She had the A-HA! sports moment. After the first couple of routines, it just clicked for her, and she got it. She said she didn't know how she knew which were better and could actually guess who would go where, she just did. She tried to explain, because like Cachoo, they mostly looked equally good to me, but she instinctively got what the judges would do, even if she didn't couldn't articulate it. It reminded me a little of watching ice dance in 1998, and while my parents were wondering what the hell this was, I just knew not only was this a sport, but it was the greatest sport ever.

I don't know what the judge is going on about--I liked the Spanish costumes. They were way less overdone than the evile clown on the Egyptians, and it went with the theme. I liked the intro! Spanish sea monster fishies RULLLE. They had a theme and went all the way went with it, and the moves went perfectly with the little water bubble parts. I liked the Canadians a lot too. Surprisingly given my normal tastes, I found the Russians to be the least enjoyable. I think I understand why they win, but meh. It lacked the necessary WTFery of other teams.

I'd have had it Fishies, Les Clowns, Eville Clownies. (aka Spain, Canada, Egypt) from a position of complete ignorance.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I can't believe it. Australia has the BMX World Champions for both men and women and NEITHER OF THEM could win it?!!??!?!?

I was expecting Willoughby to crash and burn but not Buchanan?! WTF HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!??!

*despair*

vCash
    ^ It's BMX. Hold that race anytime and results could be entirely different. Besides there were numerous world champions in both fields.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    OK, during the Egypt swimmers, the commentator on NBC said one of the girls competed for an American university in solo. So, beyond the shock there are university synchro teams, ummm...what the hell is a solo synchronized routine? Is that like the sound of one hand clapping?
    I believe solo synchronized swimming is where the competitor is judged based on their synchronicity with the music. I have no idea why I know that.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Really, I am getting annoyed with the BBC offering me highlights of this and that on video when I visit their pages, no!!! I want info - Im sick of everything being on video - I would so rather read a text news story. Ugh.
    omg yes!

Don't they realise we're all sneaking peaks with the sound off at work!

vCash
    From the 1984 to the 1992 Olympic Games, there were only a solo and a duet competition in synchronized swimming. And yes, the solo swimmers are synchronized with the music, that's the only thing I can think of as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345