Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

NBC Day 13 -- It's BOLT time!

So much good stuff today! Diving, soccer, ugly track suits, and the NBC bromance with the Jamaicans.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    My candidates for carrying the USA flag for the closing ceremonies are now

- Kim Rhode
    - Allyson Felix
    - Manteo Mitchell (if he can)

Too many stars on the soccer team. Maybe Misty/Kerri could carry it together.

vCash
    Have they shown anything but diving? Because this diving is just very . It makes me sad because the men's springboard competition was awesome.

vCash
    Pile the fierce five up on each other's shoulders and let them all carry it.

vCash
    I'm watching some of what my parents randomly recorded during the day--and I do mean random. Today was a GREAT day of events, and we get this lackluster event in primetime.

I'd be more understanding if this was live, or close-to live, but the advantage of tape is you know in advance what's exciting and what's not. I'd really like to see a clip of the boxing match between the Irish girl and the Russian girl.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    800M time! I'm really excited to watch this.

vCash
    Nick Symmonds has such a frat-boy look. I can see him shoe shopping with Lochte.

vCash
    Nick Symmonds is so g*ddamned All-American corn-fed *HAWT* ..........

........but knowing he has a thing for a skank like Paris Hilton just KILLS IT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    My candidates for carrying the USA flag for the closing ceremonies are now

- Kim Rhode
    - Allyson Felix
    - Manteo Mitchell (if he can)
    I agree with Kim Rhode! It's definitely been a fortnight where the ladies kicked ass and 5 medals in 5 Games is pretty amazing.

vCash
    Interesting story on the Haitian triple jumper.

Loved David Rudisha.

vCash
    Indoor volleyball!

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I feel bad for David Rudisha that he had to win the same night as Bolt because I feel his amazing victory might be forgotten. Oh he threw down a challenge today. He wants to race Bolt at 400m
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

vCash
    I'm just starting with the recap of soccer and water polo. I really like Arlo White as the play-by-play guy for soccer.

Has Bob Costas had his round tortoise shell glasses on for the last 2 weeks? Have I just not paid attention? I like them.

vCash
    Girls RULE these Olympics. These are some fierce womens. The rallys are amazing.

(Though the scariest still belongs to the Spanish water polo team )

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Girls RULE these Olympics. These are some fierce womens. The rallys are amazing.

(Though the scariest still belongs to the Spanish water polo team )
    After the tie in pool play, I expected the Spanish to put up more of a fight today. Of course, it made my nerves a lot easier for the US to float to that win today. I could safely hide there when I started pacing during the soccer match.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    So, triple jump is literally a hop, skip, and jump to medals?

vCash
    Jeez. My stomach insides literally roled around when they showed the view from the diving board.

78 points! Aussie Aussie Aussie!

vCash
    Oy Oy Oy! The one diver is 16? That takes guts whatever the age...

vCash
    I'm rooting big time for the women's volleyball team. Logan Tom went to my high school - although about 30 years after I did.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 08-10-2012 at 03:45 AM.

vCash
    The 16 year old Australian diver is the only one I find super impressive tonight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast