Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    And we still don't know who Neal is. Though it didn't take August much effort to convince him of Emma's fate. I think the Baelfire theory is still plausible, but not as inevitable as it seemed before this episode.

Aurora and Henry having the same nightmare is a puzzler. Maybe it's a foreshadow to some upcoming Big Bad.

Can't wait for the Charmings to be reunited! I love most of the episodes so far, but it's gonna get really tedious if they keep them in the separate worlds. November sweeps are coming up, yeah? lol
    So who do you think he is.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Henry was hit by the sleeping curse when he ate Regina's apple pie, wasn't he? So maybe he and Aurora have the same nightmare because of that? Snow didn't say what her nightmares were, but Charming had a look of familiarity on his face as Henry described his.

Loving the chemistry between Emma and Hook. Almost making up for the Sheriff's untimely demise.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    I think August showed Neal some vision of Fairytale land in the box. And he understood completely. Because he is Baelfire

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Speculation I just read somewhere else....August showed Neal a mirror which showed Neal's image when he looked like young Bae and was sent away through the bean portal from Fairytale Land and it reminded him of his own story and made him believe August. What do you guys think? I think it makes sense and could be why he believed August so quickly. I hated that he left her in the end but now we know where that post card came from and why it affected Neal so much in the season premiere! I hope he goes to Storybrooke to find Emma. He HAS to go find her and make things right although that will open up a whole new can of worms since he doesn't know he's a father and Henry doesn't know his father is alive!

Loved the episode tonight so much and while I liked the chemistry Emma had with Hook, she was SOOOO cute and happy with Neal that I really want her and Neal to find their way back to each other. What a difference it was to see Emma still having some hope of having a family, a future, and a home with someone back then to when we met her in the pilot when she was sad, lonely, and feeling hopeless that life would ever get better. I was so heart broken for her when Neal didn't show up and she took the fall for his crime. No wonder she doesn't think highly of him anymore and why she never let anyone else into her life. Why let someone in if they're just going to let you down? She looked so sad and miserable in her cell (although her eyes told the story when she saw the keys and keychain from the envelope....she knew where those came from and it explains why she kept the car all this time. It's hard to let go of something that holds a happy memory for you even if it ended badly) and I think I get now why she felt like she couldn't keep Henry. What kind of life could she give him? This is definitely what started her down the road to being who she is now...lonely, angry, untrusting, and still somewhat hopeless. I think she's trying to have hope now with Snow and her new found family but even when they get back to Storybrooke, she's definitely still got some issues to work through. I really wanted to give young Emma a big hug!

I also loved how Emma & the Giant connected over their respective lives of being alone. What a twist to have them connect like that (he showed her that he wasn't the bad guy that everyone else said he was and she showed him that not all humans are bad guys either) and does anyone else think that their 'friendship' may come into play later in the season somehow?

BTW-Charming family needs to reunite soon because it's starting to drive me crazy watching the two different pairs bond without their other two family members.

Speculation on my part about the dreams (not really a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway):

Spoiler

I need to watch this episode again like, now but I'm way distracted by Revenge at the moment, LOL
    Last edited by HeatherC; 11-05-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    My daughter wondered how August sent the postcard to Neal when he was a wooden figure in a bed when the curse was broken.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    My daughter wondered how August sent the postcard to Neal when he was a wooden figure in a bed when the curse was broken.
    I haven't figured that out yet either but we did see August open his eyes and then eventually he left his room so he may have run off to send the post card then and when Neal gets it, it's actually a few days later in NYC. Thinking back to those first scenes with Neal in his apartment, I remember now that he had a dream catcher in his room which makes sense after seeing that hotel scene tonight, and Emma still has the car and I think she made that keychain into her swan necklace (theory on my part) so IMO, they both still care about each other even though Emma obviously covers up her heartbreak by being very angry with him for leaving her alone. They so have to be together at some point but the Charming family has to get home soon first. I'm not letting this go! GET THEM HOME!!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    So they're totally setting up a love triangle between Hook, Emma, and Rene from True Blood right?

Quote Originally Posted by CDANN1013 View Post
    interesting that Henry and Aurora had the same dream and that they probably dreamt about each other.
    Oh! I hadn't even thought of that. I'm definitely intrigued with the dreams.

vCash
    I'm betting that Rumple will find out that Henry is his grandson too, which will set up an end of season showdown with the Charmings, Regina and Rumple on one side, and Cora (and whoever she can influence...maybe Hook against Rumple?....to come) on the other

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    So they're totally setting up a love triangle between Hook, Emma, and Rene from True Blood right?
    I want to like Neal, but I can't get the image of creepy Rene out of my head!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Just me
    vCash
    * read a comment wrong, sorry.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I want to like Neal, but I can't get the image of creepy Rene out of my head!
    It took me a few minutes to get used to hearing him talk without the Cajun accent.

Also, was I the only one giggling at their attempt to make Emma look ten years younger by...putting her hair in a ponytail and sticking some glasses on her? Given that they've done such a good job of making Regina look younger in her flashbacks, I was expecting a little more than that.

vCash
    Also, was I the only one giggling at their attempt to make Emma look ten years younger by...putting her hair in a ponytail and sticking some glasses on her?
    You're SO not the only one.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Also, was I the only one giggling at their attempt to make Emma look ten years younger by...putting her hair in a ponytail and sticking some glasses on her? Given that they've done such a good job of making Regina look younger in her flashbacks, I was expecting a little more than that.
    Yeah, they definitely didn't try too hard. They could have changed her hair color, changed her make-up. A lot little tricks to make her look younger.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    I didn't totally buy the look either but I did buy her as a younger Emma simply for her actions, expressions, and mannerisms being more youthful, innocent, and hopeful than the Emma we've been getting to know in Storybrooke for all these months. It was really evident in her eyes. They were brighter and full of life when she was with Neal. It was heartbreaking to see her lose that hope and chance for happiness after Neal left her and you could see the pain reflected in her eyes when she was in the jail. I thought Jen M. did a fantastic job with bringing all the different phases of Emma's experiences to life and I'm still heart broken for her even now a whole day later.

And one more thought on the whole looking younger thing...it's probably easier to make the Fairytale characters look younger in their elaborate costumes instead of having the timeline of real world clothing from the past to try and follow for the real life flashbacks. I suspended my disbelief enough to still enjoy the episode and hopefully others were able to do that too.

vCash
    I love the random characters popping up. Gus the mouse from Cinderella!

ETA: Well, so much for Gus. It was nice knowing you.
    Last edited by mpal2; 11-12-2012 at 01:25 AM.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Wow, this episode tonight was outstanding! I think they're slowly building up to reuniting the Charming family again and that would be EXTREMELY good if it happens before the Christmas break! (BTW-Anyone else tear up when Charming watched asshat King George throw Jefferson's hat in the fire? That was so heart breaking to watch Charming nearly fall apart. )

Red's story was so fascinating tonight and I love how David reminded her who she really is so she could help control the wolf again. Bummer that Quinn is gone all ready along with Billy/Gus....why do they keep killing off the cute guys?!

I'll be back later with a few more thoughts. Time for Revenge!

vCash
    That was an excellent episode on all fronts. Alan Dale is such a magnificent bastard. Looking forward to seeing how Charming and Snow took over the castle. I'm sure the King helped Regina cast this curse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    (BTW-Anyone else tear up when Charming watched asshat King George throw Jefferson's hat in the fire? That was so heart breaking to watch Charming nearly fall apart. )
    Tear up, not exactly However, I was shouting at the TV, calling King George a few choice words, and wishing that Ruby would take off the cloak and eat him.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Hmm, I actually didn't care for this episode. Aside from the Henry stuff it mostly felt like filler, which was disappointing after the Team Princess storyline really started to heat up last week. I didn't buy the Red backstory stuff at all - it was just too rushed and out of nowhere and I thought the actress was...not so good in the scenes with her mother. I will give them props on the casting of the mother though - you could really see a family resemblance there.

I am happy to see that they're finally finding something for Aurora to do. Now hopefully they can do the same with Mulan, as both ladies have seemed kind of extraneous so far.

One thing I always appreciate about this show is their devotion to female friendships, and between Red/Snow and Ruby/Belle there was lots of that in this episode.

Not sure I buy Rumple helping Henry out of the goodness of his heart.

Finally, Granny got the line of the episode with her observation that super-hearing isn't such an advantage when running a hotel.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 11-12-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Just me
    vCash
    Not sure I buy Rumple helping Henry out of the goodness of his heart.
    He is trying to "rehabilitate" for Belle, remember? Plus, I think their love for Henry is what will bring Regina and Rumple together with the Charming family against Cora (and probably Hook).

I don't think this episode moved the story forward that much, but I think there was some foundation being laid for future episodes. And I'm very upset with Gus's death. He was my very favorite Cinderella mouse.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast