Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    MYSTERY SOLVED! I just figured out the Dr. Whale name! (To be fair, a bunch of other fans on the OuaT Facebook page figured it out at the same time, after watching the latest promo clip, but I did it without reading what they wrote, so I'm happy. )

Spoiler

Which OUAT facebook group are you in? I follow or are part of three of them (Once Upon a Time-Fan Community, Once Upon a Time Fans, and the ABC feed for the show) and I'm just curious if I would have seen you in any of them. They are pretty fun discussion places full of really smart people. Some of those folks really did figure things out pretty fast but it should still be a fantastic episode (if they're right!).
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I'm on the ABC page. I don't post there that often, though, so I don't know if you'd have seen me!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I'm on the ABC page. I don't post there that often, though, so I don't know if you'd have seen me!
    I don't post there much either so we have more than likely missed each other! I do like to post in the other two communities I mentioned earlier though which are both really fun. Let me know if you want to check them out! There are usually tons of pics, articles, and sometimes spoilers posted there and both boards are full of other big OUAT fans.

This week's episode looks perfect for Halloween!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    I haven't gotten to watch the whole episode yet (this was not a good episode to only see the last 15 minutes of because I was totally lost!) but what did you guys think about the show tonight? I plan to watch the entire episode later tonight but figured I would bump up the thread anyway.

vCash
    I liked it. There were a few flaws (the "magic as addiction" idea has been done to death, for instance), but I thought it was a clever idea and well executed.

I've heard some fans complaining that "the Doctor" of the title wasn't a fairy tale character, but seems to me the writers have already shown a willingness to go outside the boundaries in that department, anyway. Mulan isn't exactly from a fairy tale, either, is she? Or Lancelot. Or Midas.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I wasn't that crazy about it. The scenery chewing with Regina

Spoiler

in the stable was OTT even for a show about a town full of fairytale characters.

I wonder what Dr. Whale's world is called? Hollyvania? Transylwood? Until proven otherwise, I'm assuming his land is where all the old horror films come from. Yes, I know Frankenstein is from a book, but the styling and costuming is more Hollywood horror.

Lots of Jackson in the flashbacks. We've seen him as a father living in squalor to save himself from himself and now we've seen him as an arrogant jackass who's good at his job and damn well knows it. Can't wait to see how they fill that gap! With the way things usually go, the change in personality comes when Grace's mother dies (or gets trapped somewhere).

Next week is Emma's backstory. There's a spoilery promo from CTV here.

Spoiler

vCash
    I liked it. I was stumped until the end to find out who Dr. Whale is. And by the way, what a clever way to name him. I had to have someone help me out as to why his name is Whale, but the reason is certainly creative. If you're like me and didn't know, look here.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    His name is Jefferson, not Jackson, and I didn't mind seeing him a whole lot in this episode at all!

Really enjoyed the episode tonight although I think the next big mystery question for the show is going to be, "Who is Dr. Whale's brother??!" because that is literally the one question I was left with at the end! Hopefully this Daniel thing with Regina will help her move on from her pain and keep her on the path to redemption. I love Regina being bad but she can still be ornery and do some not great things without being completely evil. She started off good and I think she can find that part of herself again someday. It was fascinating to watch how Jefferson, Whale, and Rumple all manipulated her to find her evil side (evil isn't born...it's made ) and I felt bad for her when she finally had to say goodbye to Daniel again. I'm glad she's talking to someone like Archie to help her because it tells me how much she really does love Henry and want to do the right thing for him. I freaking LOVED Emma & Hook's interaction and that the women didn't take any of his stories for truth right from the get go. I also loved Emma & Snow's little eye contact thing that allowed Snow to distract Hook just in time for Emma to pull her knife on him. Don't mess with the Charming family! Speaking of them I also enjoyed Henry & Charming's little interaction again although I'm getting very anxious for this family to be together again at some point. I can see how they're setting up the stories and the villains for later in the season but daggone it, I want my Charmings together again soon!

I WANT NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE NOW. That's the one I've been waiting for since I first heard about it weeks ago. Emma back story!!!!!

vCash
    I hope next week's episode will answer all I want, need to know about Emma for sure !!!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I hope next week's episode will answer all I want, need to know about Emma for sure !!!
    The episode may answer a few questions but will probably ask more questions.

Carol

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Did Jefferson tell Rumple he couldn't find "the slippers?" Was thinking he might've been looking for Dorothy's ruby slippers so Rumple could transport to find Bae. For a few moments I thought Dr. Whale was the Wizard of Oz.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Just catching up with this season and I have to say, I think it's been an improvement over the first so far.

Loved, loved, loved the last scene with Whale in this week's episode (although it would have been even better if they hadn't made it obvious who he was in the preview a week before the episode aired.)

I have to say, I really hope that the popular theory of Baelfire being Henry's father isn't true. As hilarious as the thought of Rumple joining the Charming Clan is, that's just too big a coincidence for me I think.

Have any of the more devoted fans here heard anything about Eion Bailey coming back? I really want to know what's up with August.

My one big issue so far is that I think they're pushing Regina's redemption too hard, too fast. And I'm not wild about the fact that her last two backstory episodes seem to be going out of their way to, if not excuse, than at least justify her turning evil with all the emphasis on how Rumple was manipulating her.

Anyways, on to what is clearly the most pressing issue of the season: who rocks the guyliner more - Jefferson or Hook?

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    Anyways, on to what is clearly the most pressing issue of the season: who rocks the guyliner more - Jefferson or Hook?
    At this point...Hook.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    My one big issue so far is that I think they're pushing Regina's redemption too hard, too fast. And I'm not wild about the fact that her last two backstory episodes seem to be going out of their way to, if not excuse, than at least justify her turning evil with all the emphasis on how Rumple was manipulating her.

Anyways, on to what is clearly the most pressing issue of the season: who rocks the guyliner more - Jefferson or Hook?[/QUOTE]

They have to redeme her so she can "Hook" up with the new Captain hottie!!!! Didn't we hear Daniel release her to love another?

vCash
    I just freaking love this show. I read the article about it in a recent Entertainment Weekly and what stood out to me was the show's defining theme that most of the characters are driven by love and even though the show has its dark moments, it isn't bleak. It also said that none of the bad guys are beyond redemption and none of the good guys are without flaws. Which really works.

Very clever in naming Dr. Whale. I loved it when Mr. Gold called him Victor. Captain Hook is a great addition to the cast. This show just keeps getting better and sure keeps me hooked!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    AshleyN: Eion Bailey is supposed to be back very soon....

Spoiler

Jefferson and Hook are both hot so I'll take either one at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pair mom View Post

They have to redeme her so she can "Hook" up with the new Captain hottie!!!! Didn't we hear Daniel release her to love another?[/QUOTE]

Lana Parilla is totally down with hooking up with Captain Hook http://www.wetpaint.com/once-upon-a-...-would-ship-it

But apparently, he might

vCash
    EXcellent episode so far. Half way through and they still haven't told us who Neal Cassidy really is. I sure hope we find out by the end of this week.

vCash
    And we still don't know who Neal is. Though it didn't take August much effort to convince him of Emma's fate. I think the Baelfire theory is still plausible, but not as inevitable as it seemed before this episode.

Aurora and Henry having the same nightmare is a puzzler. Maybe it's a foreshadow to some upcoming Big Bad.

Can't wait for the Charmings to be reunited! I love most of the episodes so far, but it's gonna get really tedious if they keep them in the separate worlds. November sweeps are coming up, yeah? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    EXcellent episode so far. Half way through and they still haven't told us who Neal Cassidy really is. I sure hope we find out by the end of this week.
    I knew we would not find out who Neal is.

Spoiler

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast