Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Wow, Mulan and Sleeping Beauty have so much chemistry! Although I do love the actor who played Phillip. He has been in so many tv shows. I love his eyes.

Great premier. Really sets up the season for everyone.

vCash
    You know a lot of trouble would have been avoided if Belle would have just let Rumple kill Regina.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    You know a lot of trouble would have been avoided if Belle would have just let Rumple kill Regina.
    ^This!

It's sweet that the family all got back together . . . and then the next thing you know, ripped apart again. Honestly, can't any of them just stay put for five freakin' minutes??
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    ^This!

It's sweet that the family all got back together . . . and then the next thing you know, ripped apart again. Honestly, can't any of them just stay put for five freakin' minutes??
    I know! But I love seeing David being all grandfatherly with Henry, and I think it will be fun watching them have some quality time together!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Loved it, whew!!!!!
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    It's back! I wasn't quite sure if I liked where it was going at first, but now I can't wait for the next episode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I know! But I love seeing David being all grandfatherly with Henry, and I think it will be fun watching them have some quality time together!
    Yeah, this grandpa-grandson bonding thing is going to be cute.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Loved it. I hate to admit it but I feel sorry for Regina. She has lost everything with her one track mind.

Carol

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    So I guess Regina got her magic back when Emma touched her arm?
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    So I guess Regina got her magic back when Emma touched her arm?
    That was my thought.

And who was the guy at the beginning? Baelfire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    That was my thought.

Probably and I have a feeling

Spoiler

Carol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CDANN1013 View Post
    Probably and I have a feeling

Spoiler

Carol
    I thought the same! There was something about the way they introduced him that seemed

Spoiler

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Waiting until 11 PM tonight to watch my recording of this show and then come here to gush was an inhumane torture that I don't wish on anyone, LOL

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!! Wow, the reviewers were right that the premiere was amazing! I wasn't sure where the whole Aurora, Mulan, Phillip thing was going but it all made sense in the end. Rumple and Belle had a very realistic reunion and the Chip part was pretty cute. I loved the Charming Family Reunion and go Emma for being happy but a little out of sorts with the whole thing because that makes PERFECT sense after being alone for her whole life. And OMG the dwarves bowing to Snow was so sweet! Emma is apparently the only one in Storybrooke who can use magic pretty consistently which is ironic since she's the one least likely to even understand how to to do that! Dang, I could gush even more because the whole show was so awesome but I really need to go get some sleep after having one of the longest days EVER today.

I LOVE THIS SHOW.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Best line of the night was when Charming found out about Snow's one night stand with Dr. Whale.

"Whale?!"

"We were CURSED!"

Or, as I heard it referred to on Twitter, this is OUAT's version of "We were on a break!"

I can't blame Emma for being somewhat stand-offish towards Snow and Charming but I must admit, the room got very dusty during the reunion scene. *sniff*

vCash
    I was worried about the direction they were going to take the show after breaking the curse. Part of the allure of the whole thing was the flashbacks to fairy tale world so I was wondering how they would keep up that part and where the story would go from there...

I needn't have worried! That premiere was EXCELLENT!! I absolutely love the whole Sleeping Beauty (Aurora)/Mulan thing! I was like, "YES! Where's Mushu?" And I loved the whole dementor/wraith thing too! Sad for losing Philip *tear*. When he turned around and said "I love you", to whom was he speaking? IIRC, he didn't look at either of them...he was kinda looking down and then the camera goes both to Aurora and Mulan's face. That was interesting. I wonder if that will come up later in the season?

I did feel sorry for Regina...until she got her magic back and went right back to being an evil btich. The reunion b/w Emma, Snow and Charming made me a little teary (the actress who plays Snow is so good!), but I get why Emma's a bit weirded out by the whole thing. So cute when Henry said, "Grandpa!"

So the magic is back, but it seems to stem from Emma? Regina didn't get her magic back until Emma touched her...so does Emma have magic she can use? Maybe we'll find out in fairy tale land. I love that they are back there, even though it's been in ruins for 28 years. Now they know they can return but obviously they've got some cleaning up to do. Also Charming has to find a way to get there. I think Snow and Emma being stranded in fairy tale world will help to bridge that gap Emma is feeling and I love that Mulan and Aurora will be regular characters (at least I'm assuming they will be if they're working with Snow and Emma).

I like that Belle is back but Rumple hasn't changed much. I wonder if she's going to be the one to do it or if somewhere down the line she'll realize he's a hopeless evil cause...

SO pleased with premiere and giddy with excitement over the new season! I really love the concept of this show and all of the layers of story telling. It's a lot to keep up with but the writers do a great job. WHOOO! I LOVE TV!!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I'm assuming. Tho I they threw a loop in there because there was an old sign on the wall of his apartment that said "something Hatters." Blink and you'd miss it.

And I too am wondering if he'll turn out to be Henry's father. I can't remember now -- I remember the fake story Emma told Henry, but did she ever recount the real story?

And ... any guesses who the Doctor will turn out to be?

I loved pretty much everything about this episode. (Am already planning on buying S2 on DVD. ) The way they set everything up, the way the connection with fairytale land continues, new characters ... all of it. Probably the smartest line they wrote was "Magic is different here" -- so much story potential there. I hope Emma & Snow aren't trapped in fairytaleland for the whole season (just because it might get increasingly hopeless for the folks on the other side), but I'm looking forward to several episodes of adventure with them there. No doubt their being trapped together will result in some very interesting and real-world mother-daughter talks mixed in with the more fantastical stuff!

I am now officially striking off any other plans for Sunday nights for the entire season.

Just me
    vCash
    I was a little concerned about where the story was going to go with the curse broken. I shouldn't have worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I'm assuming. Tho I they threw a loop in there because there was an old sign on the wall of his apartment that said "something Hatters." Blink and you'd miss it.

And I too am wondering if he'll turn out to be Henry's father. I can't remember now -- I remember the fake story Emma told Henry, but did she ever recount the real story?
    I think he may have been Baelfire (and possibly Henry's father), and the note sent by pigeon express came from August. The two boys were fairly close in age and both came to the "real world" without the curse. August made a couple of calls to someone from Storybrook about helping Emma believe and breaking the curse, and I think this may have been who he called.

I saw the sign. I thought it said "Hats Cleaned and Blocked" but I might be wrong. Made me go .

* Just watched online, the sign says "Cleaners and Hatters."
    Last edited by Nan; 10-01-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: correction
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Briber of judges
    vCash
    I hope they flesh out the Sleeping Beauty/Phillip/Mulan storyline. I just find it kind of disconcerting to see Mulan in Sleeping Beauty land.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan
    I thought it said "Hats Cleaned and Blocked" but I might be wrong. Made me go .
    Custom made hats (and wigs) are made on head forms called "blocks."
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    Custom made hats (and wigs) are made on head forms called "blocks."
    I knew what blocking a hat is, I just couldn't figure out why the sign would be there. It makes me think there might be a connection between this man and The Mad Hatter, but it might also be a misleading clue.

It turns out I remembered the sign wrong, but it still makes me go .
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I hope they flesh out the Sleeping Beauty/Phillip/Mulan storyline. I just find it kind of disconcerting to see Mulan in Sleeping Beauty land.
    Yeah, that was a bit odd -- they've stayed pretty much exclusively in Central-Western European folklore & fairy tales so far. Really opens things up though! Not only for non-European stories, but Greek & Roman mythology, Norse, Indian, ... hey, since they're in North American on this side, how about some Raven and Coyote?

Things could get messy! But I have a lot of faith in these writers. They haven't let me down so far.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast