Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 428
  1. #361
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,884
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    448
    I'm still waiting for the episode where Emma finally ends up in a corner curled up in a fetal position going, "It's too much! It's TOO MUCH!!" after all that she's been through because I honestly have no idea how she hasn't lost her mind yet, LOL

    My recording messed up last night so I still haven't seen the first twenty or so minutes of the episode. I'll have to catch it online which I was going to do tonight until we discovered that a window had broken in our basement and the room was a DISASTER from the rain and wind last night. We spent over three hours cleaning up glass, debris, craft stuff (my mom is a big time stamping person and has a ton of stuff), papers, ink (ugh, my hands are still multicolored!), and she's currently using a wet vac to try to get the water cleaned up. It's a mess! So yeah, I haven't gotten around to watching OUAT yet but darn it, I will be watching tomorrow night so long as we finally get the basement back in working order!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

    "I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

  2. #362

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,281
    vCash
    7633
    Rep Power
    85
    Maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood or something, but I kind of hated this week's episode. I felt like it more or less shined a giant spotlight on all of my biggest problems with the show.

    First of all, am I supposed to feel even the tiniest bit of sympathy for Regina at this point? Because I honestly don't see why I should - she's a psychopath without a shred of a conscience or even a single redeeming quality. Even her so called "love" for Henry (which I think I'm supposed to see as some sort of evidence of "goodness" in her) is motivated entirely by her own selfish desires - it's all about what he can do for her, and not at all about what she can or should do for him. Not to mention that her idea of "redemption" amounted to a couple of days of not killing/torturing/raping* people, and when that didn't immediately result in people groveling before her she decided it wasn't worth it and quit. I mean, if they just want her to be the gloriously over-the-top Evil Queen that's great, that's how I like her best. But I get the sense that I'm supposed to be thinking that there's more to her than that, and it's just not happening.

    And on that note, I'm getting increasingly grossed out by the show trying to create some sort of moral equivalency between Cora/Regina and the Charmings, specifically Snow. Because seriously, wanting to take out one of the mass-murdering psychopaths who have made no attempt to hide their intentions of killing you and your entire family does not make you just like them. Killing Cora was the smartest thing Snow's ever done. Hell, I thought the most morally dubious thing she did in that episode was save Rumple's life, given that he actually is as bad as them, just less of an immediate threat to her personally at the moment. And in related news, I just want to say how much I agree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I think I've figured out what's going on. Regina is like the kid who pokes and teases and hits the other kid and then cries when they finally get walloped back. Should Snow have "hit" back? I don't know. But Snow has never DONE anything to Regina or her family without an INSANE amount of provocation.
    Finally, I swear I'm not a Henry-hater overall (I actually have a far greater tolerance for him than most people I've seen commenting on the show) but he was at his absolute most insufferable this week. Guess what kid? You're ELEVEN - there are some things that you don't need to know and that you don't get to be a part of. To be fair, I don't know if I was more annoyed with Henry or Emma on this issue, because she desperately needs to learn that part of being a parent involves setting boundaries, not letting yourself get bossed around, and not letting your kid get away with being a snotty little shit.


    *Speaking of which, this episode also featured a nice reminder of the fact that she spent literally DECADES raping Graham.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 03-19-2013 at 01:02 PM.

  3. #363
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,884
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    Maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood or something, but I kind of hated this week's episode. I felt like it more or less shined a giant spotlight on all of my biggest problems with the show.

    First of all, am I supposed to feel even the tiniest bit of sympathy for Regina at this point? Because I honestly don't see why I should - she's a psychopath without a shred of a conscience or even a single redeeming quality. Even her so called "love" for Henry (which I think I'm supposed to see as some sort of evidence of "goodness" in her) is motivated entirely by her own selfish desires - it's all about what he can do for her, and not at all about what she can or should do for him. Not to mention that her idea of "redemption" amounted to a couple of days of not killing/torturing/raping* people, and when that didn't immediately result in people groveling before her she decided it wasn't worth it and quit. I mean, if they just want her to be the gloriously over-the-top Evil Queen that's great - that's how I like her best. But I get the sense that I'm supposed to be thinking that there's more to her than that, and it's just not happening.

    And on that note, I'm getting increasingly grossed out by the show trying to create some sort of moral equivalency between Cora/Regina and the Charmings, specifically Snow. Because seriously, wanting to take out one of the mass-murdering psychopaths who have made no attempt to hide their intentions of killing you and your entire family does not make you just like them. Killing Cora was the smartest thing Snow's ever done. Hell, I thought the most morally dubious thing she did in that episode was save Rumple's life, given that he actually is as bad as them, just less of an immediate threat to her personally at the moment. And in related news, I just want to say how much I agree with this:

    Finally, I swear I'm not a Henry-hater overall (I actually have a far greater tolerance for him than most people I've seen commenting on the show) but he was at his absolute most insufferable this week. Guess what kid? You're ELEVEN - there are some things that you don't need to know and that you don't get to be a part of. To be fair, I don't know if I was more annoyed with Henry or Emma on this issue, because she desperately needs to learn that part of being a parent involves setting boundaries, not letting yourself get bossed around, and not letting your kid get away with being a snotty little shit.

    *Speaking of which, this episode also featured a nice reminder of the fact that she spent literally DECADES raping Graham.
    Definitely agree about the Regina stuff and I also agree that she's much better when she's just the evil queen rather than trying that whole redemption thing (which could have worked but Cora kind of screwed that up).

    I have a pretty high tolerance of Henry too (I also agree that we may be in the minority there, LOL) but in defense of Emma, she grew up without parents and her foster system experience was obviously less than ideal too, so I can understand her still trying to figure out this whole parenting thing. In a lot of ways, Emma has hidden her emotions and internal pain for so long that she's still that scared little girl who grew up alone and still has to really deal with her abandonment issues which is not a good combination in trying to parent a child. I think she's doing the best she can and with everything that's happened, her head is probably overwhelmed with just a TON of information right now. IMO, Henry has been acting bratty towards her since Manhattan when he discovered her lie about his father (which she admitted and apologized for unlike Regina who just sent Henry to therapy and made him feel like he was crazy) and I'm ready for him to finally forgive her for that and to stop being so obstinate and stubborn (at least for a little while....give your mom a break kid!).
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

    "I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

  4. #364
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Close to Normal, IL
    Posts
    1,657
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, Emma's not the most stellar parent but she has NO experience or any good examples to go by. And it's not like she can get advice from her mom because Snow never raised a child either. Ironically enough, the only person out of the group who is actually equipped to deal with Henry is Regina. Although, she HAS the parenting skills, she just badly misuses them.

    One question I had is, we never have figured out where Henry got the fairytale book, did we? I mean, as in who wrote it and how it got to him. I doubt it was Regina's.

  5. #365

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    8,995
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15631
    Did Graham always have an accent? Anyways, he's hotter than ever.

    I liked the episode even though no one was all that sympathetic. Yeah, yeah, murder is bad but I don't know why Snow felt that badly. What about all unnamed guards and soldiers who were working for Regina? None of those men who Snow beat were actually killed? They were just unconscious?

    Snow gave the book to Henry in class. Not sure how Snow originally got it or who wrote it.

  6. #366
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    12,995
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    0
    Mary Margaret gave it to him. But we were never told where or how she got it.

  7. #367
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    That kid's voice sounded exactly like Henry really threw me off. The whole time I was thinking this is how Henry entered Storybrook...

  8. #368

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,210
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    Maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood or something, but I kind of hated this week's episode. I felt like it more or less shined a giant spotlight on all of my biggest problems with the show.

    First of all, am I supposed to feel even the tiniest bit of sympathy for Regina at this point? Because I honestly don't see why I should - she's a psychopath without a shred of a conscience or even a single redeeming quality. Even her so called "love" for Henry (which I think I'm supposed to see as some sort of evidence of "goodness" in her) is motivated entirely by her own selfish desires - it's all about what he can do for her, and not at all about what she can or should do for him.
    I see your point, but I thought this episode actually brought out just how bad and selfish Regina really is. Trying to kidnap a kid, and then taking his father away from him -- I don't know how anyone could feel much sympathy for her while watching that. It was also interesting the way they showed just how petty she can really be. A grown woman throwing a tantrum because a little boy sat on her favorite stool at a diner? Really? The thing I liked most about the episode is that it showed just how small-souled and mean she truly is.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

  9. #369
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Close to Normal, IL
    Posts
    1,657
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, I don't think we were meant to feel sorry for Regina in the last episode. The whole episode was highlighting how pathetic she really is. How her curse backfired, how petty she was and what she did to Owen and his father. And her childish and misguided belief that she really can have everything? Not even Rumple thinks that!

  10. #370

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,086
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    That kid's voice sounded exactly like Henry really threw me off. The whole time I was thinking this is how Henry entered Storybrook...
    Me, too! That's why the end surprised me as to who the kid really is.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

  11. #371
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,884
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    448
    Bump!! SO EXCITED about tonight's episode!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

    "I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

  12. #372

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,210
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So sad for August.

    That "blackened sole" line . . . oh, Regina.

    Spoiler

    Last edited by Wyliefan; 03-25-2013 at 01:11 AM.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

  13. #373
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,884
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    448
    Yeah, definitely riding on the hating Tamara train and now I have VERY valid reasons to dislike her....she's a liar, a cheater, a manipulator, a murderer, has an ulterior motive for finding magic (which sounds like it could be very bad), and now I really believe that she's from FT Land and has an ax to grind with someone.

    I felt so bad for August tonight and even though I still think he did wrong by Emma, he did realize his errors and was facing the bad consequences of his actions. He didn't deserve to be tazered by the madwoman with an agenda. Him being saved by the Blue Fairy was good in that he didn't die but it was still sad to me because you could tell how much he wanted to tell Emma about the madwoman's plan. He was trying to do the right thing. Poor guy. I'm glad he gets a second chance now and that by seeing how his story went, MM is finally realizing that she might be able to have a second chance to change from her darker path too. Their scenes together were great and a little sad too.

    Loved Emma telling David to stop babying MM and that she needed to stop feeling bad for herself, start letting go of things she can't change, and start focusing on moving past it. Tough love from the tough daughter, LOL

    Most AWKWARD meal EVER with Emma, Henry, Tamara, and Neal, LMAO

    I really loved the scene with Emma & Henry in their apartment. Emma's apology was definitely heartfelt and her asking Henry to stop pushing her away made me a little sad. She's fought tooth and nail for that kid since she stepped foot in Storybrooke and you could tell in this scene how much him pushing her away hurt her. I'm glad Henry accepted her apology and it looked like he was pretty emotional too. I'm glad the two of them seem to be past this now. They're my favorite relationship on this show.

    More later....
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

    "I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

  14. #374

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    8,995
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    15631
    I can't believe August is gone (I don't care about the child version)! Why does the show want to take out all the hot guys!!!

    ETA: I like Tamara, more so than, say, Bael. I hope Tamara and Owen can wreck some havoc!
    Last edited by manhn; 03-25-2013 at 04:30 AM.

  15. #375

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,086
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I thought the same thing when the Blue Fairy was able to help August. "Yay!! Oh...it's the little boy. Damn, no more hot guy to drool over..."
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

  16. #376

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,210
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Maddening, isn't it? We need a magic "quick growth" potion now.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

  17. #377

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    My old Kentucky home, far away
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,340
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3417
    Over the last two days, I've caught up on the last four episodes. So many thoughts going around in my mind.

    First of all, Cora. She needed to die, but on the other hand I hate that Snow used Regina to do it. I thought the scenes at the end with Cora and Regina were pretty poignant.

    I'm not certain what I think of Rumpel being the reason Cora removed her heart.

    Rumpel's phone call to Belle when he thought he was dying.

    I loved Neal/Bae calling Rumpel Papa. Hopefully that relationship can be fixed.

    As for last night's episode, I just finished it, and I'm not sure what I think. I spoiled myself, so I knew what was going to happen to August, etc. On paper, I didn't like it at all. But watching it, I almost cried.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

  18. #378
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just read a unlikely but hilarious theory on Tamara's identity:

    - She is involved with a guy named Owen
    - She uses electricity to kill people
    - Her ringtone in Owen's phone is Star Wars theme
    - Disney just bought out Star Wars franchise

    She is a Sith Lord.

  19. #379

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,210
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    I loved Neal/Bae calling Rumpel Papa. Hopefully that relationship can be fixed.
    Oh, I know. So sweet. And even sweeter was August calling Geppetto Papa!

    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Just read a unlikely but hilarious theory on Tamara's identity:

    - She is involved with a guy named Owen
    - She uses electricity to kill people
    - Her ringtone in Owen's phone is Star Wars theme
    - Disney just bought out Star Wars franchise

    She is a Sith Lord.
    You know, at this point, I wouldn't even be surprised.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

  20. #380

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,025
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I can't believe August is gone (I don't care about the child version)! Why does the show want to take out all the hot guys!!!

    ETA: I like Tamara, more so than, say, Bael. I hope Tamara and Owen can wreck some havoc!
    I know! What a tremendously disappointing ending for a great character. Boooo writers. Does anyone know if the actor did not want to continue or got another show, or something? It just seemed to come out of nowhere IMO.

    I definitely think Tamara is an interesting character. I wouldn't say I like her more than Bae, although since I don't like adult Bae's character at all, I guess that's not saying much (it is hard not to like Bae more because of MRJ being so naturally adorable, however ). I love reading all the theories about who she might "really" be.

    Speaking of Bae, does anyone know WHY David and MM have not reamed him out AT ALL for what he did to Emma 12 years ago? Not ONE mention of it? Very unrealistic that it wouldn't come up in conversation. At all. EVER.

    Still holding out hope for some Captain Swan scenes, even though we only have 4 eps left.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •