Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

vCash
    Killing Hook ?!! Hell nooooooo !! Please ! I need him !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Killing Hook ?!! Hell nooooooo !! Please ! I need him !
    I couldn't agree more.

As for not liking Neal after just 2 episodes, I think it's in huge part because Bae was portrayed as a child as the complete opposite of his father -- loyal, brave and determined. To see him as exactly the opposite of his childhood self in those episodes was a huge disappointment to say the least. IMO he's ended up worse than his father -- at least Rumple attempted to fight for Milah by confronting Hook in the first place, even if he didn't end up dueling him. A few seconds with August was all it took to send him running -- and he even said if he had known who she was in the first place, he would have run the other way. Like I said, Emma needs someone who will fight for her, and clearly Neal/Bae has shown enough times in the two episodes he has been in that he is NOT that person. The only remedy I see for this is him sacrificing himself for Emma and Henry, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this happening by the last ep of this season or the first one of the next.

That said, I am happy to see MRJ getting more roles. His abilities were wasted in True Blood IMO. They didn't give him much of a chance to develop Rene's character enough that the audience cared at all about him.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    As for not liking Neal after just 2 episodes, I think it's in huge part because Bae was portrayed as a child as the complete opposite of his father -- loyal, brave and determined. To see him as exactly the opposite of his childhood self in those episodes was a huge disappointment to say the least.
    I think this is the problem I have with Neal, I con't connect the grown man with the boy Bae. They seem like two different people.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    I don't mind Neal, but I don't find that sizzling chemistry between him and Emma. In terms of chemistry, I prefer Emma with August, Hook, and Graham.

vCash
    Emma and Hook for the win

Just me
    vCash
    Is anyone still curious about what happened to August once the curse was broken?
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Emma and Hook for the win
    From your message board post to the writer's ears...!
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Is anyone still curious about what happened to August once the curse was broken?
    Yes! I'm dying to know!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    As for Cassidy Freeman, to Smallville fans, she was Tess in the last few seasons. I loved her in that role, and am sorry that it seems "Jack" was offed. Hoping I'm wrong on that.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Is she related to Elizabeth Banks or something? Because they look so similar it's freaky; except Elizabeth is blond and Cassidy is dark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    From your message board post to the writer's ears...!
    But I'm not a shipper But bringing that to happen could be a loooooot of fun

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    … but in the long run, getting involved with a pirate doesn't always end well.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure my mother gave me the same advice.

Rumple's back story with the seer was pretty fascinating and I was surprised that he injured himself to get out of the war due to that seer's prediction (which obviously wasn't about the war but about him losing Bae the way it actually happened at that portal). His whole life is kind of out of whack due to the misinterpretations of that seer.
    That was such a brilliant piece of writing, showing just how complicated and give-and-take magic is. And, even more compelling, the role of fate and free will -- and how knowing your supposed fate affects your free will decisions. The seer's prediction about the war was 100% true: Rumple's "actions on the battlefield" did in fact eventually make Bae fatherless. (Well, sort of. Sucked into another realm without your father I guess counts. ) Talk about a self-fulfilling prophesy! So was the seer predicting the exact sequence of events, or the inevitability of the final result (i.e., if Rumple had stayed would he have indeed been killed on the battlefield). This is just one example of why I love this show so much!

And I always love seeing the juxtaposition of young & naive Rumple with his older, magicyier self. Like we need more evidence that Robert Carlyle is a frickin' brilliant actor!

vCash
    Did I miss the memo? No episode tonight on the 24th?
    Crazy about sports!

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Oscars tonight

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Did I miss the memo? No episode tonight on the 24th?
    We always get stuck with a brief break when the Oscars are on in February. Once is back on next week and I believe it's going to be on throughout the entire month of March.

Did everyone see the new OUAT commercial during the Oscars?! That was pretty cool!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    We always get stuck with a brief break when the Oscars are on in February. Once is back on next week and I believe it's going to be on throughout the entire month of March.

Did everyone see the new OUAT commercial during the Oscars?! That was pretty cool!
    The good thing about OUAT taking place on a Sunday is that it shouldn't interfere with Worlds.

vCash

Totally missed it cause I can't be bothered to watch the Oscars. Sorry to those who enjoy those things but it just turns me off. I like to hear who is up for what and then see who won. All that can be read in a newspaper or online articles.
    Crazy about sports!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ^ I'm with you, deb. Just not my scene. I only watch if I really like the host -- but I haven't tuned in since the last time Jon Stewart hosted.

Looking forward to an uninterrupted streak of OuaT starting next week. And the episode with Lesley Nicol (aka "Mrs Patmore") is supposed to be sometime in March, so that's something extra to anticipate!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    ^ I'm with you, deb. Just not my scene. I only watch if I really like the host -- but I haven't tuned in since the last time Jon Stewart hosted.

Looking forward to an uninterrupted streak of OuaT starting next week. And the episode with Lesley Nicol (aka "Mrs Patmore") is supposed to be sometime in March, so that's something extra to anticipate!
    The episode with Lesley Nichol airs this Sunday.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    So I finally got around to seeing the most recent episode - I thought it was the best episode in ages. Given that I was one who really didn't want Neal to be Baelfire, I thought the execution was excellent. All the New York scenes were really strong, and Michael Raymond-James is a great addition to the cast - I'm kind of hoping Neal sticks around just because I want to see more of him. As for Neal himself, yeah what he did to Emma was a total dick move and pretty indefensible, but I don't think it's enough to write him off completely. I think he has the potential to be interesting.

It's a good thing the Baelfire stuff was so good, because the B Plot was pretty weak. I'm really hoping the map thing is a trick because otherwise Rumple or Belle (whoever's idea it was) deserves to have the dagger stolen for being so stupid.

Regina is a dumbass. I don't even want to visit any other Once discussions just because I don't want to see how her apologists are excusing her happily plotting the murder of innocent people yet again. Let me guess - she's just the innocent victim of her mother's manipulations? And therefore is not at all responsible for her own decisions (as usual)? That's not to say that I don't want Regina to be evil - honestly, I think I prefer her that way - I just wish people would stop making excuses for all the horrible things she does.

As for Hook, as pretty as he continues to be, it's getting harder and harder to take him seriously when he gets beaten up by literally every person he comes up against. They need to do something to restore his credibility a little bit, because right now he's coming across as kind of pathetic. I still think a love triangle with him, Emma, and Neal is coming.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 03-02-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast