Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    I certainly didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest! Please note the use of the word "little" in my post above.
    Oh, I don't think you did.

And honestly, my reply wasn't directed at you so much as it was based on my frustration with some of the general reaction I've seen around the Internet. I swear, Regina apologists are my biggest obstacle toward actually rooting for a redemption for her. You wouldn't believe the amount of things I've read basically implying that she was just a victim of those self-rightious Charming bullies last night. They also seem to think that because of her mother and Rumple she bears basically no responsibilty for any of the awful things she chose to do in the past. It's really annoying.

To change the subject: am I the only one who'd really like to see the fairies (particularly the Blue Fairy) be more involved this season? It'd be nice to have a real magical presence on the "good" side* to offset Regina/Rumple/Cora, who are all, at best, wavering in and out of the villian camp . I know there was that whole business with how they couldn't do anything without fairy dust, but even when they found some we never got any indication of what they planned to do with it. I'm hoping they managed to get some out of the mines before Rumple took what was there so they're not neutralized again. If nothing else, I think the Blue Fairy would be the best option for Emma to talk to regarding her newfound magical abilities.

*I know some people (myself included) suspect that there could be more to the Blue Fairy than she lets on and that her motives aren't entirely altruistic, but on the surface level at least they've generally been on the side of Our Heroes.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 12-03-2012 at 07:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    I certainly didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest!
    Oh, I don't think you did. I didn't mean that you were the one trying to get us to forget everything Regina's ever done and simply pity her. I meant that it feels like the show is trying to. And that's what I don't care for.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    And honestly, my reply wasn't directed at you so much as it was based on my frustration with some of the general reaction I've seen around the Internet. I swear, Regina apologists are my biggest obstacle toward actually rooting for a redemption for her. You wouldn't believe the amount of things I've read basically implying that she was just a victim of those self-rightious Charming bullies last night. They also seem to think that because of her mother and Rumple she bears basically no responsibilty for any of the awful things she chose to do in the past. It's really annoying.
    Exactly.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    OMG, I love you guys so much for saying a lot of what I wanted to say last night but ended up getting way too distracted by trying to watch Revenge and 666 Park Avenue after the awesomeness of OUAT...my brain was totally fried and useless by 11 PM, LOL

Adding to some things all ready mentioned....I also cannot BELIEVE how many people hate the Charmings right now for not inviting Regina to dinner. On what planet does that even make sense?! She's done nothing but hurt that family for a long time and even more, she's the reason they've been separated for so many years (and the reason Snow & Emma disappeared in the first place since they were trying to save Regina from the wraith at the time). I'll admit that part of me felt bad for her when Henry left her behind but he did everything right in my book after the events of the episode. Regina is trying to change so she doesn't lose Henry but one or two good deeds doesn't undo everything she's done in the past. It's not going to be an easy road if she truly wants to redeem herself and I don't think the Charmings did a single thing wrong on their end. It's amazing how people forget all the previous stuff that happened when they're caught up in one random emotional moment. This is one of the reasons I try not to get too invested in one character on a show...sometimes it screws up your head and you stop seeing the big picture. Dang, this is still driving me nuts 24 hours later! Emma herself thanked Regina for saving them and that was definitely a genuine thank you from her, Henry acknowledged what she did and showed affection for her, and no one kicked her out or was snotty to her or anything in Gold's shop. Regina knew the consequences of enacting that curse and now she's paying the price for it. Some OUAT fans are really freaking me out lately with their insanity for characters that have done such evil things.

BTW-Don't listen to the official OUAT podcast this week if you guys ever do that. I usually enjoy them but this week's was totally worthless in my mind. It's all about all the villains and drumming up the sympathy for them. The Charmings, the awesome reunion, and many of the other non villain things from the episode aren't even mentioned by them (they barely even talked about Emma's new found magic which I thought was awesome). I was really disappointed in their podcast for the first time all season. Usually they're great but this one let me down.

I'm excited that Cora & Hook are on their way to Storybrooke! I love having villains that I love to hate and Cora is definitely one of those so I'm curious what kind of trouble she and Hook get into once they get into town. It should be entertaining!

I'm still loving the fact that Cora can't rip out Emma's heart. That is BEYOND badass for Emma to realize that she might just have some pretty powerful magic locked away inside her and I hope she starts figuring out how to use that so she can help protect her family. She hasn't had much of anything in her life up to this point but I think this next part of the season will be more about her really understanding and figuring out her purpose in this world which should be awesome.

And I LOVE Snarky Emma: "Isn't that what a spell book is? A book that has spells in it??!"

Anyone else blush a little during Hook's lines and actions when he had Emma pinned on her back during their sword fight??! Holy cow, how did they get away with that during an 8 PM show?! Love that it lead to her clocking him with the compass too, LOL

I loved this episode so much that I'm re-watching it right now and this is my third viewing of it...I may need therapy, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    The OTP sympathy for Regina (and it's not like I didn't feel bad for her last night--I did, but please) is just another example of TV audiences' tiring devotion to anti-hero characters. Man, I dislike anti-heroes--sure, they're a bitch/asshole, but they're snarky! hot! misunderstood! Oh, the complexity of it all. Yawn.

And then viewers trash "nice" characters for being Mary Sues or Gary Stus but when those Mary's and Gary's do something that is not "nice", then they're trashed again for not being "nice."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Anyone else blush a little during Hook's lines and actions when he had Emma pinned on her back during their sword fight??! Holy cow, how did they get away with that during an 8 PM show?! Love that it lead to her clocking him with the compass too, LOL
    I was a little surprised at just how much innuendo was happening there, but I probably shouldn't have been - it's not like I haven't seen way worse.

But yeah: he could jab me with his sword anyday.

vCash
    I'm still wondering whether the hilarity of "My daughter's curse is coming" was intentional or not. I'm guessing not, since it was supposed to be a big dramatic moment. But how could nobody have caught that?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    The OTP sympathy for Regina (and it's not like I didn't feel bad for her last night--I did, but please) is just another example of TV audiences' tiring devotion to anti-hero characters. Man, I dislike anti-heroes--sure, they're a bitch/asshole, but they're snarky! hot! misunderstood! Oh, the complexity of it all. Yawn.

And then viewers trash "nice" characters for being Mary Sues or Gary Stus but when those Mary's and Gary's do something that is not "nice", then they're trashed again for not being "nice."
    I suppose this makes sense (although I personally don't mind anti-heroes), but here's what I don't get about the Regina stuff: do her fans not realize that by trying to foist the blame for all of her actions off on other people they're actually making her a less complex character?

I mean, what I see is a woman who probably had a crappy childhood, suffered a horrible tragedy at the hands of her own mother, and in her grief allowed herself to steered down a dark path, eventually descending into full-blown evil. Now, she seems to be finally be beginning to realize the depth and consequences of her mistakes and has a shot, with real time and effort, to find redemption.

Personally, I find that a lot more interesting than a character who's spent her whole life as a victim and unwitting pawn incapable of making or being responsible for her own choices.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

When he said, "When I stab you with my sword, you're going to feel it" my inner temperature may have gone up a little.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I'm still wondering whether the hilarity of "My daughter's curse is coming" was intentional or not. I'm guessing not, since it was supposed to be a big dramatic moment. But how could nobody have caught that?
    I am so glad that I'm sitting in a room by myself right now because I can't stop laughing after reading this statement and I didn't even THINK of it that way any of the three times I've seen this episode! I won't be able to think about it any other way now though so thanks a bunch for that, LMAO
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Sorry! We've always used that word in our family, so as soon as she said it I was going, "Did she REALLY just say that??"

vCash
    I am so glad that I'm sitting in a room by myself right now because I can't stop laughing after reading this statement and I didn't even THINK of it that way any of the three times I've seen this episode! I won't be able to think about it any other way now though so thanks a bunch for that, LMAO
    You're not the only one who didn't think of the phrase that way. I guess I was busy being "involved" in the show that I didn't pick up on such. Considering that I've heard that "curse" used that way at times ... well call me dense.

Now as to the wordplay between Hook & Emma -- I did have a bit of an inkling that he might have been referring to more than just the obvious. Considering that I watch this show on a time shift after The Good Wife and Survivor, perhaps my frame of mind was more in tune to such? Perhaps it's a bit of foreshadowing for when Hook gets to Storybrooke? Just a thought.
    Crazy about sports!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Bumping up this thread because the show comes back this weekend!!!!

Also, ABC is running a marathon of sorts tomorrow night and airing three episodes of OUAT from 8-11 PM EST. I believe the episodes they're airing are Broken (ep. 2x1), The Crocodile (ep. 2x4), and Tallahassee (ep. 2x6 and YAY because this one was one of my favorites! ). I plan to watch and hopefully anyone else who wants to get caught up a bit or just enjoy the shows again is able to watch tomorrow night too. They're also re-airing Queen of Hearts (ep. 2x9 aka, the winter finale) at 7 PM EST before the newest episode airs at the show's regular time (8 PM EST for me). I have missed this show SOOOO much and I cannot wait for Sunday!!!

vCash
    Interesting to see which two episodes they chose to air besides the season premiere and winter finale. Methinks its because they want to reinforce certain characters and plots because they're important. I.e. August and Emma's baby daddy. And why Hook has it in for Gold, as well as reminding us about Bael.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Bump!!!

I missed the first half hour of the show (I recorded it and will go watch it after the rest of the ABC lineup is done airing for the night) but what I saw was pretty awesome. I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow night with some thoughts but what did you guys think of tonight's episode?

vCash
    I missed the whole thing cause I was tracking my daughter's flight back east to school. Colour me SAD
    Crazy about sports!

vCash

Spoiler

vCash
    A solid episode with particularly excellent acting by Lana Parrilla.

But, then, once they arrived in the "new land", why didn't Regina kill Snow ASAP?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    A solid episode with particularly excellent acting by Lana Parrilla.

But, then, once they arrived in the "new land", why didn't Regina kill Snow ASAP?
    I guess she got greater pleasure from watching Mary Margaret live a lonely existence.

Loved this episode!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Charming: "It's nice that we can still give her a few traumatic childhood memories at this stage of the game." I was laughing SO HARD after this line and poor Emma's face was totally priceless! That's an image that will always take a while to get out of a daughter's head and the age of the daughter does not matter in this case at all, LMAO

Other line: "You got your PhD from a curse!" -Regina to Archie

Great episode overall tonight! I need to get sleep so I'll come back and post more tomorrow. SOOOOO glad this show is finally back!!

vCash
    Don't forget "Go take yourself for a walk!"

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast