Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well I guess I won't be back in this topic for at least another 2 hours and 15 minutes. Gotta love time shift. This way I watch The Good Wife @ 7, TAR @ 8 and OUAT @ 9 so I can go to bed by 10. OOps, I think BBCanada might be on at 10. Oh well, chatting later!
    Crazy about sports!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    This episode is amazing!
    I had to take my husband to the airport. But I could tell from the end sequences I saw- I turned it on when young Cora told Rumple she wasn't going with him, and I knew I'd missed an amazing episode.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Snow used the candle that the Blue Fairy, (really Cora) gave her to save her mother, to kill Cora and save Rumple. The spell wouldn't work unless Cora's heart, which was in Regina's vault, was reinserted. Snow tricked Regina into returning the heart to Cora, saying that it would proved whether or not Cora really loved her or not.

Regina returned the heart, the stab wound was transferred from Rumple to Cora, and Cora died. Regina now wants MM dead in part because she saw her mothers true love for her before the spell took effect

Is it possible Regina will turn out to be Rumplestiltskins daughter????
    Last edited by Norlite; 03-11-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Regina has so many reasons to hate MM. I hope she is Rumple's daughter, it will make the tangled tree even more complex.

I can't wait to watch this. Any episode with a lot of Robert Carlyle is great.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    My brain was just blown by every single actor in this cast. I thought this was an AMAZING episode and boy did it change things for the rest of the season!!! WOW.

Not at all sad that Cora died but dang, I wasn't sure if Snow would actually go through with it. I guess everyone really does have a breaking point but Charming was right, she's going to regret this for the rest of her life (I give her mad props for trying to stop Regina though...that's the Snow we know).

More later!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Barbara Hershey is such a good actress.

vCash
    I'm sick of the everlasting "pity the villain/blame the hero" cliches . . . not just this show but a lot of shows and movies have beaten that horse to death. If a lot of viewers are always blaming the Snow/Charming family for everything and perpetually getting angry at them, it's no accident. The show outright encourages it.

Other than that, though, this was an exceptionally well done episode. Beautifully written and acted -- Rumple teaching Cora (the actors just killed that scene), Rumple and Belle (and I'm not even a big shipper of theirs), Rumple and Bae.

I know it was a minor moment, but my favorite line of the night was Emma's "I drew the invisible line . . . I . . . think."
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I'm sick of the everlasting "pity the villain/blame the hero" cliches . . . not just this show but a lot of shows and movies have beaten that horse to death. If a lot of viewers are always blaming the Snow/Charming family for everything and perpetually getting angry at them, it's no accident. The show outright encourages it.

Other than that, though, this was an exceptionally well done episode. Beautifully written and acted -- Rumple teaching Cora (the actors just killed that scene), Rumple and Belle (and I'm not even a big shipper of theirs), Rumple and Bae.

I know it was a minor moment, but my favorite line of the night was Emma's "I drew the invisible line . . . I . . . think."
    That was HILARIOUS. Emma always has the best one liners in this show.

I agree with you in your first paragraph. This show is such a brilliant portrayal of how people are not purely black or white but amazing shades of grey, yet even through that there are still some things that are NOT okay and the villains in this show have done more than a few of those things without anyone holding them accountable for it. I do think in this case, a lot of fans get their fandom of the ACTOR confused with their fandom of the CHARACTER and don't see the actual character for what they truly are and I find that crazy sad. I love Lana Parrilla and her portrayal of Regina but I don't care for the Evil Queen and think she's done horrible things that she shouldn't get away with there.

Favorite Things:
    *Interesting how Rumple used a good thought to help Emma conjure up her magic (protecting her family) but used an angry thought to help Cora do something magical with the straw (anger at those who were mean to her). Fascinating scenes and I loved them airing back to back. That was definitely no accident and it gives me hope that Emma will stay on the good side of things as she learns more about her own magic.
    *I loved that it was Rumple who gave MM the way to save all of them (he's always got an agenda) but what an ethical dilemma for her. Can you kill the evil dictator to save everyone else? That idea of taking a life, good or evil, is such a powerful decision in this type of context.
    *Cora's backstory was pretty fascinating but it doesn't make like her any more.
    *Emma is all kinds of badass. LOVE HER.
    *I'm shocked but yet not shocked by MM actually using the candle. You can only take so much before you hit a breaking point. Fascinating character development for her and what will this now do to her family?
    *Interesting where Cora learned her theory that love is weakness (from the king).
    *Rumple and Belle's entire phone conversation and the fact that Emma & Neal were right there to hear what he said to her. *tears*
    *MM/Snow is freaking brilliant when she has her mind set to something. I loved those scenes with Regina for how powerful they were but dang, I honestly didn't think MM had that kind of manipulation in her!
    *OMG, that Rumple-Nealfire scene.....that was phenomenal and again, I love that Emma was present for it. *more tears*
    *Interesting what actually caused Cora to remove her own heart from her body.
    *Eerie how much young Cora and the older Cora have similar mannerisms even though we learned about older Cora first. Great casting again!
    *I hated her with a passion but it was sad when Cora died in Regina's arms right after Regina realized that Cora did actually love her. Interesting parallel that young Snow also watched her mother die in the same way.

Least Favorite:
    *Rumple & Cora's 'romance'. They give me the heebie jeebies.
    *That's all I have for least favorite things. This episode was AMAZING and even the stuff I wasn't as fond of was still awesome. Talk about a game changing episode! I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Back to Revenge....
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Emma: I drew the invisible line....I think....
    Neal: You missed a spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post

I disagree. I think it makes sense that the Snow/Charming family did things to get enemies.

vCash
    ^ I agree. Cora killed Snow's mother Ava (who is actually a jerk when she's young!! wow!!) and just last week killed her loyal servant. Snow has every right consider going the extreme to protect her love ones.

I also think it would be interesting if Regina is Rumple's daughter. Which would make Regina Henry's Aunt, Emma's sister in law, which I find HILARIOUS! Finally, anyone else love the main title screen? They put different elements of the story and graphically blend them into the enchanted forest background and it's different every week which I find it really neat. I look forward to see it every episode!

vCash
    I'm not sure about Regina being Rumple's daughter. At first, it seemed like we were to believe it would happen, especially when they revised the agreement between Cora & Rumple so that rather than Rumple getting Cora's firstborn, it would be THEIR firstborn. Then when young Cora shows up, now without her heart, she reminds Rumple that the agreement had been changed to a firstborn of theirs and then informed him that such a thing wouldn't be happening since she was marrying the prince after all. I supposed one could *hope* that maybe she was impregnated by Rumple regardless. It does make for some interesting thinking.

Snow -- ohhhh how I felt bad for her at the end when she is showing remorse for what she did. Apparently she didn't realize just how bad her "good" heart would feel when she chose to do evil. Makes me wonder what they will have in store for her next.

Emma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved watching her hold the "invisible" piece of chalk and then draw lines with it. Gave me a couple chuckles. I missed what was said to her about missing a spot -- silly dog barked at that moment.

Ohhhh, when this show goes off for the summer, I will be missing it badly.
    Crazy about sports!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Caught up with "The Queens Is Dead" right before "The Miller's Daughter" last night, so it was one great episode followed by another for me. So much good stuff, I hardly know where to begin. Suffice it to say this show has not disappointed me once.

I don't know why reading the title of next week's episode, "Welcome to Storybrooke," gives me such chills, though. I think I'll have to record the Worlds gala so I can watch -- and there aren't many shows that trump skating!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Bailee Madison's performance gutted me. Wow, she was great - I cried right along with her.
    She was so great that I was able to easily ignore the fact that she's so obviously older now than when she did her key episodes last year. I mean, she's a great actor on her own, but then to be able to replicate Ginnifer Goodwin's/Mary Margaret's facial expressions and mannerisms so perfectly on top of that ... wow.

Looking forward to watching the Paleyfest panel over lunch -- thanks for the link.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I'm not sure about Regina being Rumple's daughter. At first, it seemed like we were to believe it would happen, especially when they revised the agreement between Cora & Rumple so that rather than Rumple getting Cora's firstborn, it would be THEIR firstborn.
    I don't think they changed the agreement to ""THEIR firstborn." Rather, I think they changed it to HIS firstborn. I suspect this will come into play with Neal at some point.

vCash
    I thought Rose McGowan was *fantastic*. I hope we see more of her.

I don't have much sympathy for Regina, who's been really stoopid almost this entire season. At the same time, if I were a Regina uber (which I am not, although I like her), I'd be pissed that Regina gets treated "poorly" but Rumple gets to have pretty much everyone forgive him when he's been the instigator for everything.

I was all for Snow killing Cora, but Snow should've used the dark spell to save someone she really cared for. Surely, Charming or Henry or Emma would be in mortal danger--she could've sacrificed Cora *then*.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Snow's mother Ava (who is actually a jerk when she's young!! wow!!)
    Don't tell me you're surprised! They seem to have decided that we need reminding that even good characters have flaws, so they've been parading those flaws around quite prominently of late. "Look! Flaws! GREAT BIG GLARING FLAWS!"

Subtlety is not this show's strong point.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I was all for Snow killing Cora, but Snow should've used the dark spell to save someone she really cared for. Surely, Charming or Henry or Emma would be in mortal danger--she could've sacrificed Cora *then*.
    Can she only use that candle the one time, then? I don't remember Gold or Cora (as the Blue Fairy) saying anything like that but it's also possible I got distracted and didn't hear that part. The candle itself looked big enough to handle lots more life and death switches.

Also, Rose McGowan needs to lay off the plastic surgery. I don't know what possessed her to get it in the first place as she didn't need it, but her mouth is stretched out too far. She's going to look like Joan Rivers if she isn't careful. All that aside, casting her as the young Cora was excellent. I don't know who the people are who cast this show, but they should be raking in awards.
    Last edited by centerstage01; 03-12-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Can she only use that candle the one time, then? I don't remember Gold or Cora (as the Blue Fairy) saying anything like that but it's also possible I got distracted and didn't hear that part. The candle itself looked big enough to handle lots more life and death switches.

Also, Rose McGowan needs to lay off the plastic surgery. I don't know what possessed her to get it in the first place as she didn't need it, but her mouth is stretched out too far. She's going to look like Joan Rivers if she isn't careful. All that aside, casting her as the young Cora was excellent. I don't know who the people are who cast this show, but they should be raking in awards.
    Not sure about the candle thing (I don't think it was clarified on the show) but I did read something last night that talked about how Rose was in a bad accident several years ago and had to have plastic surgery to fix a lot of damage done to her face. I don't know if all the surgery is something she would have done otherwise (I don't know much about her) but she actually has a legitimate reason for why she looks quite different.

vCash
    Shame about the accident, then. I wondered why someone as young as she is would go in for it, but if it was medically necessary then I can see why. I wonder when this all took place? I don't remember hearing any stories about her getting hurt.

vCash
    One thought about Rumple and the firstborn contract is that he ALREADY has a firstborn; Bae. Who was already grown by that point. So is his contract going to be retroactive or is it going to drift down to his next of kin, which would be Henry? Or does he have another child. Or maybe he plans to get another child? It would explain his obsession with Cinderella's firstborn, although he gave up on that when Emma proved more useful to him.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast