Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

vCash
    If Captain Hook wants to enact revenge on Rumple, he'd better figure out how to perform the tricks Rumple knows how to do, and that includes pulling out hearts. Hook has had plenty of time to figure it out via a different channel.

vCash
    Finally had a chance to watch this week's episode. Best of the season so far, imo. Next week looks epic. Cannot wait.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    This coming episode is titled " Queen of Hearts"

Super exciting! I've been wondering when we'd go back to Wonderland!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    This coming episode is titled " Queen of Hearts"

Super exciting! I've been wondering when we'd go back to Wonderland!
    Since they're in the thick of the Charming family-Hook-Cora drama, I'm wondering if it's more a play on words, having to do with Regina and her drawers full of hearts.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Since they're in the thick of the Charming family-Hook-Cora drama, I'm wondering if it's more a play on words, having to do with Regina and her drawers full of hearts.
    From the promos I've seen, I think we're actually going back to Wonderland but you could be right about the drawers full of hearts coming into play somehow. No matter what it should be pretty epic!

PLEASE let Emma & Snow get home on Sunday night!! I am way tired of the Charming family being apart.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Theory: Emma woke Henry from the curse with a mother's kiss...can Henry wake up Charming with a grandson kiss on his forehead??! I hope so.
    I'm thinking not. Yes, Emma woke Henry, but Henry is a child. His only "true loves" are with family. If it were Emma under the curse, I'd say Henry would be able to wake her. But although he no doubt feels love for his "Gramps," Charming's one and only true love is Snow. It pretty much has to be Snow's kiss to wake him, I'd be willing to be money on that.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Bumping this up for the new episode this evening and FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, please let Snow & Emma get home tonight!!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Bumping this up for the new episode this evening and FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, please let Snow & Emma get home tonight!!!!
    for a new episode and WORD for what you wished for! wheeee!

vCash
    Oh my Lord......Best episode ever!!!

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    So. Much. AWESOME!!!!!!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVED IT!!!

vCash
    Great episode - it answered most of the questions fans have been asking during the season and delivered a really satisfying conclusion to the Enchanted Forest arc. My only real problem was that Emma lasting 30 seconds in a swordfight with a centuries-old pirate is absurd, let alone beating him. I'll just fanwank that he was going easy on her because he has a thing for her and had another way to Storybrook though.

Speaking of said pirate, is it me or is the V-neck on his shirt getting lower every episode? Obviously I'm not complaining about this.

I think this is the first time they've actually succeeded in making me sympathize with Regina and buy her redemption arc. I legit felt bad for her at the end there.

I think snarky Emma is my favourite Emma - "Isn't that what a spellbook is? A book with spells written in it?"

You know, I'm generally not one for slash pairings (and often miss homoerotic subtext altogether), but I seriously thought that Mulan and Aurora were going to kiss in the scene where Mulan returns her heart. Honestly, I'd find that more interesting than them competing for Philip.
    Last edited by AshleyN; 12-03-2012 at 01:45 PM.

vCash
    So, Hook can't pull out hearts- he can only pull out one? And since he didn't pull out Cora's he was able to get Aurora's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    You know, I'm really not one to look for or get behind slash pairings (and often miss homoerotic subtext altogether), but I seriously thought that Mulan and Aurora were going to kiss in the scene where Mulan returns her heart. Honestly, I think I'd find that more interesting than them competing for Philip.
    I thought the same thing. Loved the episode. I think Hook is up to something.

Carol

vCash
    I called it! After the premier:

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Wow, Mulan and Sleeping Beauty have so much chemistry!
    This better happen.

Just me
    vCash
    I loved the episode, I think it covered a lot of ground and moved the plot along a great deal. I am a little put off by Regina's treatment by Henry and the crew at the end. If they keep rejecting her and her attempts to "do better," they are giving her cause (in her mind) to be evil. Maybe not a good idea.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Personally, I'm a little put off that we're expected to throw a pity party for Regina. Have we forgotten that she's a ruthless murderer? A few "Mommy did terrible things to me" moments, and we're all supposed to flock to her side and give her a pass for all of it.

I'm all for redemption, but the way they're handling it, it feels manipulative and shallow. Like "cheap grace," to borrow a phrase.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Personally, I'm a little put off that we're expected to throw a pity party for Regina. Have we forgotten that she's a ruthless murderer? A few "Mommy did terrible things to me" moments, and we're all supposed to flock to her side and give her a pass for all of it.

I'm all for redemption, but the way they're handling it, it feels manipulative and shallow. Like "cheap grace," to borrow a phrase.
    Not to mention that she spent like thirty years raping Graham, something that I think has been way too easily forgotten by both the show and the fans.

But yeah, I get what you're saying. I spent the whole beginning of the season complaining that they were pushing the Regina redemption too hard and too fast. Like I said, last night was the first time that I actually bought it and felt any sympathy for her, mostly I think because Lana Parilla sold it so hard at the end.

That being said, I really don't get the complaint that the Charmings were somehow being unfair or cruel to her by not inviting her along for dinner. They've just been reunited and want to have some time to celebrate together - why the hell would they want the woman who destroyed their lives along for the ride? And it's not like they didn't give her any acknowledgement - Emma's thanks seemed pretty sincere, and that line about her mother made it seem like she's gained at least little understanding of where Regina came from. And it's not like Henry was rejecting her there: he thanked her, gave her credit for doing the right thing and promised to see her again. He just wanted to spend some time with with his mother and grandmother who had been trapped in another world with no guarantee that they'd return. I think that's about right at this point and any more would have seemed forced, especially given that her big gesture basically amounted to deciding not to kill them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
    Not to mention that she spent like thirty years raping Graham, something that I think has been way too easily forgotten by both the show and the fans.

But yeah, I get what you're saying. I spent the whole beginning of the season complaining that they were pushing the Regina redemption too hard and too fast. Like I said, last night was the first time that I actually bought it and felt any sympathy for her, mostly I think because Lana Parilla sold it so hard at the end.

That being said, I really don't get the complaint that the Charmings were somehow being unfair or cruel to her by not inviting her along for dinner. They've just been reunited and want to have some time to celebrate together - why the hell would they want the woman who destroyed their lives along for the ride? And it's not like they didn't give her any acknowledgement - Emma's thanks seemed pretty sincere, and that line about her mother made it seem like she's gained at least little understanding of where Regina came from. And it's not like Henry was rejecting her there: he thanked her, gave her credit for doing the right thing and promised to see her again. He just wanted to spend some time with with his mother and grandmother who had been trapped in another world with no guarantee that they'd return. I think that's about right at this point and any more would have seemed forced, especially given that her big gesture basically amounted to deciding not to kill them.
    I agree. Regina was showing no signs of remorse at the idea of killing Snow and Emma as a by product of making sure that Cora remained away from Storybrooke. So I see her gesture at allowing them re-entry as more of a sign of her resignation that Henry does see them as his family and not that she was making great strides toward normalcy. Had The test to me is what would Regina have done had Henry not gone to the well. She would have allowed them to be killed by the curse. That's not the action of a redeemed woman yet.

I would not want to break bread with a woman who had tried for years to have me removed from the earth (Snow) or who had acquired my biological son through a shady someone like Mr. Gold/Rumple. Not to mention the fact that Charming and Snow were denied the opportunity to watch their daughter grow up because of Regina's obsession with revenge and separated for one another.

The trust level would not be there.

Just me
    vCash
    I certainly didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest! Please note the use of the word "little" in my post above.

I do think that if Regina is going to pull off a real redemption, she is going to have to have a lot of positive reinforcement.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast