Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Lysacek on TODAY show - Friday, August 10

Originally posted in the U.S. Men's thread in GSD:
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Evan tweeted that he will be on the Today Show Friday to make an announcement. Therefore, we should find out on Friday if Evan plans to return to competition this season.
    This is the tweet:
    "August 9, 2012 Thank You to @HiltonHHonors for hosting me in London for a very exciting announcement I'll be making tomorrow morning on @TodayShow. Tune in."

Hilton HHonors is the title sponsor of Skate America...
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It's pretty obvious what this "announcement" is going to be.

His engagement to Vera Wang.

vCash
    Because it takes going to London to say you've got a spot

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkFeathers View Post
    Because it takes going to London to say you've got a spot
    The Tweet indicates he's being sent there by his sponsor. There are plenty of other skaters who make appearances somewhere because their sponsor wants them to.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    I'm pretty sure that means he'll return to competition and compete in Skate America, because 1) Hilton HHonor is the sponsor of SA and 2) SA single-session tickets will be on sale tomorrow morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I'm pretty sure that means he'll return to competition and compete in Skate America, because 1) Hilton HHonor is the sponsor of SA and 2) SA single-session tickets will be on sale tomorrow morning.
    That is what I am thinking too. Moreover, with the increased Today Show viewership due to the Olympics, what better way for NBC to promote their coverage of Skate America than to have the Olympic Champ announce that he will return to competition.

vCash
    It's obvious Evan is returning but does anyone else think it's weird sending him to the summer Olympics to make the announcement? Seems to me the focus in London should be the athletes who are competing in the summer games. JMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    It's obvious Evan is returning but does anyone else think it's weird sending him to the summer Olympics to make the announcement? Seems to me the focus in London should be the athletes who are competing in the summer games. JMO
    Nothing wierd about it. During the summer Olympic coverage, NBC has interviewed several winter Olympic Champions. (ex, Sean White, Apolo Ohno)

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    delete
    Last edited by soxxy; 08-10-2012 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    That is what I am thinking too. Moreover, with the increased Today Show viewership due to the Olympics, what better way for NBC to promote their coverage of Skate America than to have the Olympic Champ announce that he will return to competition.
    Right, plus he turned down DWTS All star season and Shizuka's FOI this year, changed schedule for Sun Valley show (which was previously set in the same week as Champs Champ), all of the evidences already indicated his decision to return.

vCash
    Watched the interview from NBC this morning, the video is also available on NBC's website now. Evan looks great, fit, happy and very handsome as usual. Welcome back Evan!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Watched the interview from NBC this morning, the video is also available on NBC's website now
    I think this is the direct link: http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/tod...07391#48607391
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    It is great that he changed his agent! Maybe got advice from Kwan? Anyway, welcome back to competition, Evan!!!