Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    What is this about "Calling out" another gymnast in this pro comp? I missed the beginning. Maybe they are trying to liven it up like Big Time Wrestling as the announcer could not believe they did not accept the call out.
    ETA: It seems if you accept the call out, then both sides can earn an extra point (maybe more?). Sounds like both have to do the certain skill that the person calling you out states. I am not 100% sure about that though.
    That's right. Normally the team on "defense" gets to choose which athlete goes up, but in a call out, the other team chooses. If the athlete being called out accepts the challenge, then the winner gets 2 points instead of the usual 1. I don't think anybody acutally accepted a call out though.

When I first tuned in to this, I thought it was lame too, but once I started watching it was pretty entertaining. It's nice seeing so many familiar faces, and seeing athletes competing together who wouldn't normally be featured in the same events. The rope climb was the most exciting thing I've seen since ever

Spoiler

I was literally jumping up and down yelling in front of the TV. Also, during the beam competition, I was honestly afraid that Boguinskaia and Liukin were going to break into a fist fight.

vCash

vCash
    Biles has a great shot at 3 golds at Worlds this year. Ohashi could win the other 2 as well! Maybe Ohashi winning 3 golds and Biles 2 also. Ohashi beam, maybe bars, maybe AA, and Biles AA, vault, floor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohashibiles View Post
    Biles has a great shot at 3 golds at Worlds this year. Ohashi could win the other 2 as well! Maybe Ohashi winning 3 golds and Biles 2 also. Ohashi beam, maybe bars, maybe AA, and Biles AA, vault, floor.
    May be at US nationals not at worlds, even that is unlikely

vCash
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 06-01-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Gymnastics News No.12 Part Deux!

Ohashi can not challenge Mustafina or Komova on bars. Not a chance. Didn't she just have shoulder surgery, anyway?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yes, Ohashi had shoulder surgery and she really has never been as good as she could be on bars, certainly not to a level where people could realistically think she could challenge for gold. She would only have a shot on beam, but even getting on the team is going to be difficult.

vCash
    http://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=12256&prog=

"McKayla exceeded our expectations for her first camp after six months from the Olympics," said Karolyi. "We were quite impressed with her level of difficulty at this time."

vCash
    I found this interesting series of posts on where some promising juniors from the past have gone (there's also a part 2 and 3).

http://www.tripletwistgymnastics.com...d-they-go.html

vCash
    Yana Kudryavtseva European Ball winning Performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JabNeY84WpI

vCash
    I think Kyla Ross would be the best shot at the US winning bars, and quite honestly at this point with the scores that we have seen she is probably the favorite to win bars right now. I'm expecting Mustafina to clean up a lot but why the heck does everybody forget about Kyla? I think Biles could win floor with clean landings, and I really do foresee Maroney making the world team esp after reading the report on how she looked. Hope she can stay healthy, and still think it will be Ohashi, Ross, Biles, and Maroney in the end. What happened to Anna Li?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I think Kyla Ross would be the best shot at the US winning bars, and quite honestly at this point with the scores that we have seen she is probably the favorite to win bars right now. I'm expecting Mustafina to clean up a lot but why the heck does everybody forget about Kyla? I think Biles could win floor with clean landings, and I really do foresee Maroney making the world team esp after reading the report on how she looked. Hope she can stay healthy, and still think it will be Ohashi, Ross, Biles, and Maroney in the end. What happened to Anna Li?
    Is there no chance for Skinner? That's is messed up.

Vega and Finnegan finished? And Price who did so well post Olympics is not going to make it either?

I think Mustafina and Iordache will be hard to beat in the AA, but with their shit beams and bars respectively, who knows, maybe Biles could win.

I still think

Biles AA. Vault and floor
    Ohashi AA beam and bars
    Skinner floor and vault
    Ross AA beam and bars

Should be the team.

Does Biles have a second vault?

vCash
    Once again, the amount of depth in the U.S. is just insane, even the year after the Olympics! Right now, I'd say Ross and Biles are nearly guaranteed of World team spots, providing they stay healthy until the fall. If Price is recovered by Nationals then I see her factoring in as well. Ohashi and Maroney are the real wild cards: the unknown recovery time for Ohashi's surgery and whether Maroney can get back into fighting shape. All the reports from the most recent camp sound promising for Maroney, though. Skinner and Dowell could also contend, though I think they're less likely. Wieber has been back in the gym for a while, too...if she's back in competition at Nationals things could get very interesting!

vCash

I read Wieber is almost certain that she will not be making her comeback in time for Nationals or Worlds. I think we will see her next year.

Why wouldn't Mustafina win bars over Ross? Komova should easily have the edge over Ross, as well. Ross doesn't have their difficulty and they typically hit bars.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I would be very surprised if Skinner made the team. Just because you have an insanely difficult skill doesn't mean you're doing it with consistency. I think Maroney has a much better chance, but Classics & Nationals are still more than a month away so a lot can change.

vCash
    Wow, looks like the AA at Worlds could come down to just Mustafina and Komova since the other Olympians who medaled in the AA won't be making their comebacks in time this year.... with Iordache being the wild card. The 2 Russians yet again taking up 2 places at the top! Great. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post

Vega and Finnegan finished? And Price who did so well post Olympics is not going to make it either?

I think Mustafina and Iordache will be hard to beat in the AA, but with their shit beams and bars respectively, who knows, maybe Biles could win.

I still think

Ohashi AA beam and bars
    Skinner floor and vault
    Ross AA beam and bars

Should be the team.

Biles has a very good second vault, a round off half on layout front half off.

http://youtu.be/_rzYySlTLto - both Biles' vaults from the Jesolo competition.

Re: your bolded part, only three gymnasts per country can compete on each event in qualifications, so that lineup will never happen.

While Skinner's first two passes are spectacular, the rest of her routine is quite sloppy, particularly her counting non acro elements and I don't think she'd score that well internationally. And Biles and Maroney could certainly finish 1-2 on vault anyway.

Personally I think Biles has the best chance for multiple finals and medals of the US team, but only if she can control her energy, especially on floor. But you can't count out anyone. Ohashi did win the American cup after all, but her shoulder is a question mark.

I find Ross extremely boring. I think she could medal in the all around if she makes the team for that, and possibly bars finals but a medal seems unlikely to me if Mustafina, Komova, and at least one of the Chinese is on their game.

Geddert has said that Wieber won't compete this summer, even though she seems to have most of her skills back. Lucky for Ross as I honestly don't think she'd make the team this year if Wieber was ready, at least not as an AAer.

In my dream world Maroney would make the team as an AAer but that might have to wait another year.

vCash
    Kyla Ross at the ranch. She looks good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post

I still think

Ohashi AA beam and bars
    Skinner floor and vault
    Ross AA beam and bars

Should be the team.

She does have a very springy laid-out Podkopayeva, and it could easily be a Cheng by the time Worlds get here.

Maroney looked good from reports on the last camp, and her Amanar is still there and is huge. I still think she will get it, we will see though.

Nice upgrades from Kyla (love the new beam combo), and she also got rid of those step-downs on bars! Really happy about that - it was the only thing I didn't like about her routine. I think she's really sneaking under the radar for the uneven bars gold at worlds this year, nobody is really paying attention enough to her on this event this year relative to the field IMO. She was already at 15.45 internationally and nobody has really approached that this year yet (even Mustafina), and her routine has been upgraded (that Stalder after the pak wasn't there before, I'm guessing will probably be connected to a Shaposh-half) and has better composition/execution (especially without those step-downs). She's now my pick for uneven bars gold, and I'm sticking with her for the AA gold too. Kyla and Maroney also both got new floor routines. So happy about Kyla, that POTO routine was just never going to work.
    Last edited by Karpenko; 06-11-2013 at 12:46 PM.

vCash

Maroney also showed a triple twisting Yurchenko at camp. I assume it was on a mat into the pit or maybe just into the pit but shows she is working on it.
    -Brian

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast