Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    USAG is streaming podium training live from their youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZKUC9DBEA

I watched a bit and Biles has improved so much on bars. She's doing Wieler 1/2 to toe-on shaposh, a toe-on full to Tkatchev, piked Tkatchev to Pak and full-in dismount. Granted I didn't see a complete set but compare that to what she was doing two years ago, wow

ETA: so it's not live anymore but they have a link to the archive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZKUC9DBEA
    Last edited by danafan; 02-28-2013 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    Mckayla Maroney was on CNN this morning talking about her newly minted acting career. Good luck to her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    USAG is streaming podium training live from their youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZKUC9DBEA

I watched a bit and Biles has improved so much on bars. She's doing Wieler 1/2 to toe-on shaposh, a toe-on full to Tkatchev, piked Tkatchev to Pak and full-in dismount. Granted I didn't see a complete set but compare that to what she was doing two years ago, wow

ETA: so it's not live anymore but they have a link to the archive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZKUC9DBEA
    Kyla has gotten taller, she has such beautiful body lines now. I think she looks good, her floor routine has improved quite a bit since last year. It's still bad, but boderline nice which is a huge improvement over the it was last year. She's really relaxed in her upperbody and isn't as stiff as before. Still my pick for World AA Champ.

Biles is incredible! Her beam has improved ten fold, I think she might have my favorite beam choreography in the world right now as well. So nice to see a gymnast really pay attention to that, I especially liked her low beam work. tour jete half is incomplete, whippy layout too (I love that its in the 2nd half of her routine though), but she could make the BB final at worlds with this routine I think. I love her dismount pass. Her vault is incredibly high - I think that this is the gymnast McKayla Maroney will have to worry about the most this quad if she continues. Her vault is probably the closest in ability to McKaylas and now she's got a BB routine that could be useable, as well as a much improved UB routine and powerful, easy looking tumbling on floor. If she has a 2nd vault she could be on every team from here on out. Biles so far is the most improved IMO! Really impressed with her.

Impressed with Ohashi on BB like usual but I really think that vault will hold her back her entire career until WOGA finally gets someone on their staff that can teach block technique as well as Valeri and co. teach the basics to their gymnasts on bars and beam.

The US team looks just as talented as last year already. So much for a post-Olympic down year.. Jordyn Wieber is also trying for this year, I think it will just be her and Kyla (possibly McKayla) trying for Worlds this year from last years team. (not sure about Finnegan and Li, I know Price and Finnegan have injuries right now though, as does Maddie Desch)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Mckayla Maroney was on CNN this morning talking about her newly minted acting career. Good luck to her.
    Did she talk about her injury and how she's doing?

vCash
    Mykayla Skinner could also factor into the World team this year. With an Amanar & Cheng on vault and a lot of difficulty on FX, she could be hard to deny. There's also Lexie Priessman who's been looking good as of late. Lots of talented girls for only four spots this year...Marta & co. have a tough decision (again)!

ETA: My God, the height on Simone's vault is incredible!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    ETA: My God, the height on Simone's vault is incredible!
    It really could be a triple. The block is set up perfectly to be a triple. I really want to see a triple!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    It really could be a triple. The block is set up perfectly to be a triple. I really want to see a triple!!
    She's training a triple!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    She's training a triple!
    Awesome!! Now will it be the Biles or the Maroney..

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Awesome!! Now will it be the Biles or the Maroney..
    Just the fact that we could consider a girl doing a TTY - who would have thought that would ever happen? I don't want to put the mockers on either of them - I adore Maroney - but Biles looks fabulous in those videos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Did she talk about her injury and how she's doing?
    Yes I believe she did. She mentioned having screws put in but they are out now and looks great. Said she wants to win an Oscar someday so I guess she is taking acting seriously. Sid she is training already.

http://startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com/2...ing-with-7-up/

vCash
    If anyone is interested in seeing some of the up and comers, some of whom are also working towards 2016 (as well as a few looking towards 2020) compete live tonight at the Nastia Liukin Cup, you can watch it either on the Universal Sports Channel on TV or online (free) at usagym.org , both at 7pm EST.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. My apologies if it has. The AT&T American Cup from Worcester, Mass. will be televised Saturday (tomorrow) on NBC beginning 12 p.m. (central) - 1 p.m. (eastern)
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. My apologies if it has. The AT&T American Cup from Worcester, Mass. will be televised Saturday (tomorrow) on NBC beginning 12 p.m. (central) - 1 p.m. (eastern)
    Thank you!!! I would have missed it, it is now set to record.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Vacant
    vCash
    Hope there will be videos. Gabby Jupp of GB is making her senior debut. Lovely gymnast with lots of potential. Look out for her on beam particularly if they show her. Probably won't. Al Trawtwig will be too busy annointing the 2016 AA OGM

Speaking of beam, you can see Mustafina's new combination of split half turn (or whatever its called in gymny), onodi, double pirouette here at 40 secs:
    http://rutube.ru/video/eb8cbe800a676...9ac87351fec59/
    I LOVE this combination!!

vCash

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Thank you for the link!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Simone Biles is ridiculous on vault.

Did anyone else catch the online feed of the first few events? It was great to see so many of the gymnasts do clean routines! Jake Dalton's FX routine was SO PHENOMENAL. Holy crap.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    NBC, again with focusing just on athletes story not on the competition.. alot of time spent with camera on Leyva's face while sitting on the sidelines.

vCash
    Nastia has replaced Elfi!! This might be my favorite thing that has happened until Rio.

I can't get over how much Simone Biles has improved on bars! Ooh Victoria Moors is here.

vCash
    I love how Nastia is giving planned upgrades for Ohashi knowing what she does in training with her dad.

I think she's doing a good job and I find Al less annoying as usual around her too. Win win.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast