Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1001
    vCash
    British Team is Tunney/Harrold/Whelan and Downie

Am I right in saying only 3 can compete on each event is quals?

If that's the case, I'm at a loss as to who the Brits put up on Bars.

If Whelan and Harrold are AA then that leaves Downie to add for Beam and Bars and Tunney for Floor, BUT, Tunney also has a 6.6 Bars.

DO the Brits make Whelan skip AA in order to maximise bars
    Thus Harrold for AA, Downie and Whelan do beam, Tunney and Whelan do Floor and Tunney Downie do Bars.

It's a tough call. Not sure Tunney has managed a clean bars routine this year to warrant keeping Whelan from AA, having said that, not sure Whelan;s 6th at Universiade was good enough to warrant keeping Tunney from Bars.

:/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Sorry but Dowell being on the team makes no sense. She has IMO zero chance for a final on the two events she would likely compete.
    But who else should they send instead? Ohashi and Wofford are injured, and Price is not up to her old form yet. It's a shame Bailie Key is still a junior, as I think she would have definitely made the World team this year.

Coming in 3rd AA at Nationals, and doing so well at all the camp verifications, I think Dowell earned her spot.

ETA: re-reading this, and I meant Kocian, not Wofford, is injured. Too many Madisons!
    Last edited by chipso1; 09-18-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Dowell also makes sense as a backup AAer. If we have no one to contend for a medal on beam/bars then send someone for experience and someone who can step up in the AA if needed. Also, if Maroney is showing solid beam sets then Dowell could only compete UB and again be a backup for the AA. Dowell has a bar set with tons of potential for upgrades, it looks a lot like something Tweddle would do but not as difficult. If she added any upgrades then she really could find herself in UB finals.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    And for the men, who are the american entrants?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braulio View Post
    And for the men, who are the american entrants?
    Wynn
    Orozco
    Dalton
    Legendre
    Naddour
    Mikulak

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    British Team is Tunney/Harrold/Whelan and Downie

Am I right in saying only 3 can compete on each event is quals?

If that's the case, I'm at a loss as to who the Brits put up on Bars.

If Whelan and Harrold are AA then that leaves Downie to add for Beam and Bars and Tunney for Floor, BUT, Tunney also has a 6.6 Bars.

DO the Brits make Whelan skip AA in order to maximise bars
    Thus Harrold for AA, Downie and Whelan do beam, Tunney and Whelan do Floor and Tunney Downie do Bars.

It's a tough call. Not sure Tunney has managed a clean bars routine this year to warrant keeping Whelan from AA, having said that, not sure Whelan;s 6th at Universiade was good enough to warrant keeping Tunney from Bars. Whelan is just not on form this year. I'm almost surprised she's on the team at all.

:/
    I believe I read somewhere that Tunney and Harrold are AA, Downie Bars and Beam, Whelan just floor.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Adriana Crsici, a 2000 Olympian for Italy had made a very successful comeback at age 31, and been named to the world team only to suffer a torn ACL at an international meet this weekend. She was doing a DTY in vault, a vault I don't believe she had even competed in her first career (I could be wrong). What a shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNes8yhcNas (video of the vault where the injury occurred).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Adriana Crsici, a 2000 Olympian for Italy had made a very successful comeback at age 31, and been named to the world team only to suffer a torn ACL at an international meet this weekend. She was doing a DTY in vault, a vault I don't believe she had even competed in her first career (I could be wrong). What a shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNes8yhcNas (video of the vault where the injury occurred).
    Poor Adriana, I remember her from the Sydney Olympics, she had a nice routine on floor. To make the team at age 31 and given how is gymnastics played right now its remarkable for her but maybe too much pushing on her body, hope a nice recovery and that shecould still give a go on the sport

Quote Originally Posted by ilovesalchows View Post
    Wynn
    Orozco
    Dalton
    Legendre
    Naddour
    Mikulak
    Thank you, well that team sounds really solid (if there was a team competition) But many or almost every one of them could make event finals

vCash
    The word is that Mustafina has been sick again, this time it is just a cold. There are reports that she has upgraded on all 4 events and now has 2 vaults. I hope she is in great shape at the worlds.

Vacant
    vCash
    US Junior AA champion Bailie Key just cleaned up at the bi-annual Junior International in Yokohama this weekend. She won the AA with a 58.400 that counted a beam fall and she was still two points clear of the field. Then she won every single EF. Love her combination of power and beautiful form. As someone on another site put it, she's like the love child of Shawn & Nastia.

http://fulltwist.net/results-japan-j...ional-2013-aa/

http://fulltwist.net/resultsjapan-ju...-event-finals/

vCash
    Yep Baillie Key is looking good. Very happy to see Munteanu place second in both beam and floor. She can also do a DTY which she didn't show here and I think we'll see some serious upgrades on both beam and floor in the future. Still those bars will hold her back as they do Iordache in the AA.

But wow fantastic score for Iridon on bars. Romania could really use a bars worker like her and I think she could be very competitive if Belu and Bitang are smart about things. Could well be as good as Sofronie if not better. I just hope as she turns senior that bars potential isn't wasted.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    As someone on another site put it, she's like the love child of Shawn & Nastia.
    She really is - my guess is that she'll get more muscular as she grows up, but with the nice toe point/insteps and attention to form, she should always look more international than some of our recently successful power gymnasts.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Really nice interview with Hollie Vise here. I especially liked this part:

My goals for the team this year is an average team GPA of 3.25, place in the top 3 at Pac 12′s and to qualify for the NCAA Championships. I think all of these things are very possible!

vCash
    It's being reported that Maria Paseka is out of worlds with a sore back. Russia went to complete sh!t rather quickly. In other news Mustafina has two vaults now and has upgraded bars and floor. Excited for this week to start!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Who's left on the Russian team? I think Komova is out, yes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    It's being reported that Maria Paseka is out of worlds with a sore back. Russia went to complete sh!t rather quickly. In other news Mustafina has two vaults now and has upgraded bars and floor. Excited for this week to start!
    Send Pavlova.......

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Did some research and it seems Komova is still ill. I would be very surprised if she ever comes back. She has had too many health issues and was never very strong mentally.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    If Pavs isn't sent then she might as well retire. Russia has used every possible athlete left standing except her. She is the perfect replacement for a vaulter like paseka. She can also challenge Afan for the beam spot.

Actually, was Paseka vaulting? I assumed she would be but then we know Nabieva and Mustafina are as they are AAers. That only leaves one spot and didn't Afan recently show an Amanar? Did she have a 2nd vault? If so, paseka was useless.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Canadian ladies über
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    If Pavs isn't sent then she might as well retire. Russia has used every possible athlete left standing except her. She is the perfect replacement for a vaulter like paseka. She can also challenge Afan for the beam spot.

Actually, was Paseka vaulting? I assumed she would be but then we know Nabieva and Mustafina are as they are AAers. That only leaves one spot and didn't Afan recently show an Amanar? Did she have a 2nd vault? If so, paseka was useless.
    Paseka won bronze at the europeans on the UB, so she is not useless. Afanaseva was the joint gold medallist on Vault at the universaide in Kazan, and her second vault is a Podkopeva

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast