Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    USAG is posting videos from the 2nd podium training session to their YouTube channel. Maroney's Amanar is still the best in the world.
    Watching them now. The girls look great! And I agree, Maroney's Amanar is great. I was impressed with Brenna Dowell's too!

Loving the music for Lexie Priessman's floor routine. I'm interested to see it put together in competition.

vCash
    McKayla's still got it. Simone looks a lot cleaner everywhere as well, and that layout Pod is looking gorgeous. Brenna Dowell has made lots of progress, I really like her skill selection. Kyla still looks like Kyla.. Was hoping for a couple more upgrades but boring and clean will probably get the job done this year. I'm excited to see how this meet plays out.

vCash
    15.200 for Norah Flatley on beam. Her routine was very impressive and her bars look very promising too.

vCash
    Terrible feed from the Secret Classic. Very choppy. Hope they get it smoothed out by Seniors.

vCash
    If the stream doesn't get better it won't be good to watch at all. Awful.

vCash
    The feed sucks, but I'm loving Borden's commentary. Peszek sounds like Lauren from Make It Or Break It.

vCash
    One balance check but great beam from Kyla even on the lousy feed.

vCash
    Bars is cursed so far.

vCash
    Eek, Simone Biles looks nervy today. Fall on bars and now she grabbed the beam after her turn.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Maroney did a great floor set. She went OOB on her double layout but considering it was her first time competing the skill, not so bad. Stuck her double arabian. Really solid. 14.35 with a .3 OOB deduction, not bad for her first competition back. Vault is up next.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I can only imagine what those vaults will look like come Worlds, should she make the team.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    USAG is uploading the routines: https://www.youtube.com/user/usagymnasticsorg/videos

Maroney looks good, but that 'hair style' needs to just die already.

vCash
    I love Kennedy Baker's new floor routine.

vCash
    Skinner has quite possibly the ugliest gymnastics I've ever seen on the elite level.

vCash
    I'm probably late to the party, but how exciting is it that Simone Biles (or anyone!) is throwing a full-twisting double back off beam! I have been so sick of seeing double tucks or double pikes off beam. I don't follow gymnastics religiously, but the last time I remember seeing that skill was from Shawn Johnson in 2008. Is anyone else doing a full-in off beam these days?

vCash
    Biles really did herself no favors here. Fell on bars, had to grab the beam and fell on floor. Then to make matters worse she scratched vault. I am hoping she scratched because she was shaken up and not in the right frame of mind and not because of any injury. Maroney was her main competition for Worlds and Biles is handing her the spot. Nationals will be much more important for Biles now.
    -Brian

vCash
    Impressive difficulty thrown but pretty meh overall. McKayla looks to be a medal contender on floor, I really like these passes and the routine shows off her sassy personality compared to her previous routines. I'm feeling confident about her worlds prospects.

Kyla is so clean on bars, floor routine a step up overall also. Still a bit meh, was hoping for some beam upgrades.

I am very impressed with Norah Flatley, lots of potential on bars especially. Between she, Bailey Key, Laurie Hernandez there is real serious star potential. Enjoyed the junior meet more overall.

vCash
    Biles and Maroney could both make the team. Biles could do the AA in qualification and Maroney could just do vault and floor.

Skinner is the one who should be more worried about Maroney.

vCash
    Skinner is only making the World team if Maroney and Biles are injured. IMO. I don't think she is an option. Her tumbling is insane but it is VERY messy and she wouldn't touch the medal podium. All my opinion, of course. Biles wont be picked for AA anymore, unless she really shows her stuff at Nationals. She hasn't even been winning the camp AA competitions (I believe Dowell has) and that wasn't with everyone there. I don't think Marta would think for a second that she could hit 4 for 4, much less 3 out of 4. Ross is an AA lock at this point. Priessman looked far better than I expected from camp vids, if she can keep it up and hit 4/4 at Nationals then I would send her as the second AAer. Maroney VT/FX and then whomever is posting the best UB/BB scores. Not sure on who that would be.

ETA: Price has not been seen so she could shake things up. I feel like I am forgetting someone important. Hmmm. lol
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    ETA: Price has not been seen so she could shake things up. I feel like I am forgetting someone important. Hmmm. lol
    Wieber?

I'm doubting she'll be ready in time, but who knows.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast