Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Vacant
    vCash
    I really hope that Kyla has gotten her shoulder line sorted along with her new FX and bars upgrades. She has some very nice gymnastics.......until she attempts 'choreography'.

I'm most interested to see how Ohashi pans out as I find her hopelessly overrated. Yes she's got an insane beam for sure but her bars are a hot mess and her DTY has been very iffy technically in the recent past. Her FX could be ok if she'd actually attempt to perform it but she apparently can't be arsed at any given competition I've seen her in.

Karps, where are these reports on camp that detail what Maroney did? I read the talk of the TTY but I haven't seen it in print anywhere.

ETA: I should just go look really This just appeared in my youtube feed:

Maroney at Camp Huge Amanar and training a DLO. She's grown a lot but she's still fabulous!!

vCash
    I absolutely freaking love her. She looks fantastic. She's going to worlds unless she hurts herself. Love the double layout!!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Maroney looks really good and what I find incredible is that it is clear she is not in top shape. I am not trying to say she is out of shape, but you can look at her and see she isn't there yet. It doesn't matter though because she is throwing the Amanar like it is nothing. I do, however, doubt the TTY talk. She isn't in top shape and is obviously learning to do things with a more mature body than she had in London so a TTY at this point doesn't make sense. I don't see any reason for her to train something like that, even into a pit, when she is still not in top shape. If she threw it, I think it was directly into the pit with no landing mat at all and that really doesn't count for much because almost anyone can crank the twists when they don't need to land it and can't hurt themselves. Her swing looked better on bars and it looked like she was straddling through her giants instead of that tap technique with bent legs. Looks cleaner and reduces the chance of her hitting the low bar like she did before.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I agree. She's going to only get better and more in shape, that's why the improvements (esp on bars) blew my mind. Her bars have always had enormous potential, it was the routine construction and the way she swings (or used to, rather) that really hurt her score. She could be a beautiful gymnast on bars. Her beam at the Olympic Trials night 2 would've won her a medal in beam finals at the Olympics IMO, she can be great on beam. Floor with these upgrades (and no more 1 1/2 through to double tuck) could be a great event as well. I see staying power more than anything, I really think if she keeps improving she will be at least on the radar all the way through Rio. That Amanar will always keep her in contention at the very least.

Speaking of Amanar's, there is a jr Brazilian gymnast currently doing one and I think it might be one of the prettiest ones I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GCyxb_5Nvp4

It's really nice to see some great talent coming up from Brazil, I'd love to see them have some medal prospects at home in 2016.

vCash

Gymnastics News No.12 Part Deux!

I mentioned on another board that Maroney could be an AA contender (not necessarily the best but someone always vying for an AA spot for team USA). Most of them thought I was completely nuts. I can't wait for Maroney to show them what she's got. People apparently only think she can vault.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I mentioned on another board that Maroney could be an AA contender (not necessarily the best but someone always vying for an AA spot for team USA). Most of them thought I was completely nuts. I can't wait for Maroney to show them what she's got. People apparently only think she can vault.
    I agree that Maroney has always had AA potential. I actually think floor has been her worst event. Not for lack of talent, but because of bad/unsuitable skill selection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    I agree that Maroney has always had AA potential. I actually think floor has been her worst event. Not for lack of talent, but because of bad/unsuitable skill selection.
    No way, that would be her bars.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Dang... When I was in high school I was the one of the tallest, if not, the tallest girl in school. Let me tell you, that it was not always fun.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Maroney could be a top AAer if she improves her bars and stays on beam. Her floor is strong, her beam is strong when she doesnt fall or wobble around. Her bars is really weak though, although better than Raisman when she doesnt fall.

vCash

Gymnastics News No.12 Part Deux!

The good thing is that I feel Maroney has decent technique on bars (especially with an improved swing) and some good basics. There is no reason she can't improve enough on bars to challenge for AA spots. She won't be medaling on bars but that isn't required.
    -Brian

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tweeted by @GymCoaching: Deng Linlin, He Kexin, Zou Kai, Chen Yibing, Xiao Qin to retire http://wogymnastike.blogspot.ca/2013...l-it-quit.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    When are Worlds, though? It would seem like they would stick around if picked for the Worlds team. I would be surprised if they didn't but maybe this way they can take pressure off and not focus on making the team and just enjoy their last competition. If they get picked for Worlds then all the better. I know nothing about China right now so for all I know they have no hope in the world of making it.
    -Brian

vCash
    World Championships start September 25.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Tweeted by @GymCoaching: Deng Linlin, He Kexin, Zou Kai, Chen Yibing, Xiao Qin to retire http://wogymnastike.blogspot.ca/2013...l-it-quit.html
    Zou Kai's retirement is one of the greatest moments in the history of the sport. The most vile gymnast I ever saw win 20% of the medals and titles he has.

vCash
    Zou Kai is Ipecac syrup in human form. Good riddance.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Wow, that webpage had a link to this: Yang Yilin on the Chinese version of So You Think You Can Dance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U422eSzq_Iw
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I am a surprised that He Kexin has retired but good luck to them all in whatever they plan on dong next.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I read that they (at least the women) do plan on retiring after the National Games but they will compete at Worlds if picked. That makes much more sense.

Has anyone seen the new gymnast from China...Shang? She is supposedly 17. That girl is 14, TOPS. Probably more like 12 or 13. It isn't even close to 17. Why does China continue to cheat, and one year after the Olympics, no less? I guess they learned in Beijing that they can not get in trouble for it, so why stop? This will be another gymnast of theirs who suddenly hits puberty at 20 years old, I bet. She is probably 4'4" right now. It isn't just about her height or weight, either. You can simply look at her body and see that puberty hasn't even touched it yet. Not in the least.
    -Brian

vCash
    Probably because the rule is arbitrary and almost impossible to enforce.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast