2. OLDHAM Sam (GBR) - 15.133 Horizontal Bar
    3. TSAREVICH Aliaksandr (BLR) - 14.833 Horizontal Bar

VAULT

1. ABLYAZIN Denis (RUS) - 15.408 Vaults
    2. KOCZI Flavius (ROU) - 14.887 Vaults
    3. DAVTYAN Artur (ARM) - 14.866 Vaults

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Edited to answer my own question. David Belyavsky won the men's AA title while Max Whitlock got silver and Oleg Vernyayev of Ukraine got bronze. Happy for all three medalists.

http://www.intlgymnast.com/index.php...rts&Itemid=164
    I did know David was orphaned at avery young age, and that he was raised by his grandparents. I feel so much more happier to see him succeed.

http://rewritingrussiangymnastics.bl...bility-in.html

David was an orphan, raised by his grandparents, and he grew up in a boarding school. He lived in Votkinsk, 150 kilometers from Yekaterinburg. He lost his parents early, I do not know under what circumstances it happened ... Soon after, he found himself in a sports school in Yekaterinburg. He did gymnastics, visiting his grandmother.'

vCash
    Wow! Did not know that at all, so more kudos to him and hope he is able to "close those gaps" and challenge for a medal at world's and Olympics.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Vacant
    vCash
    I just found this old clip on my computer so decided to upload to youtube. It's a great look at all seven of Nadia Comeneci's perfect 10 performances from Montreal. Great pic and sound quality and commentary. One small mistake - the first beam routine is team optionals not team compulsories. But it is electrifying all the same, witnessing an arena respond to seeing gymnastics like this for the very first time. Enjoy

Nadia Comaneci - 1976 all seven perfect 10's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I just found this old clip on my computer so decided to upload to youtube. It's a great look at all seven of Nadia Comeneci's perfect 10 performances from Montreal. Great pic and sound quality and commentary. One small mistake - the first beam routine is team optionals not team compulsories. But it is electrifying all the same, witnessing an arena respond to seeing gymnastics like this for the very first time. Enjoy

Nadia Comaneci - 1976 all seven perfect 10's
    Thanks for sharing that - she was just amazing.

vCash
    According to International Gymnastics Magazine Kohei Uchimura has become a dad for the first time. Congrats to him!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Canadian nationals are taking place in Ottawa and there is a live stream, http://archive.isiglobal.ca/vod/gymn...ive-embed.html currently showing rhythmic. Who knows how the streaming will work when the artistic events begin on Tuesday.
    I'll be there judging the women's novice and open events.

The nationals website is http://www.gymnastics2013.ca

vCash
    Gabby Douglas has begun her comeback.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19218626

Stay healthy Gabby!

vCash
    There is a professional gymnastics competition on ESPN2 right now.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The shirtless male gymnasts are just
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I can NOT believe that Ruggeri just did that 3 1/2 twist punch layout full even better than the first one by Team World. I didn't think USA would possibly have anyone who would try it, much less do it so well.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Victoria Moors is doing a layout double double on floor in training. It's good. I see no reason why she won't compete it tomorrow.

vCash
    My TV news just announced Greensboro, NC landed the 2014 AT&T American Cup! I'll be there, no doubt.

vCash
    What is this about "Calling out" another gymnast in this pro comp? I missed the beginning. Maybe they are trying to liven it up like Big Time Wrestling as the announcer could not believe they did not accept the call out.
    ETA: It seems if you accept the call out, then both sides can earn an extra point (maybe more?). Sounds like both have to do the certain skill that the person calling you out states. I am not 100% sure about that though. They did show the mens' teams sort of arguing about not accepting the call outs and thus losing the extra points. I will switch back to SYTYCD for now.
    Last edited by smileyskate; 05-22-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Just tuned in. No offence, but it looks lame.

vCash
    Victoria Moors is also doing a layout double-double http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CZb1_gxZtDs

Now there's a potential World FX champion I will gladly get behind. I really hope she can get the skill under her belt by Worlds!

vCash

Gymnastics News No.12 Part Deux!

The athletes were not calling out each other like you think. They were calling out their skills. The team on offense chose a member who went to the mic and called out the skill they would do and then they did it. The other team then chose a member who tried to do it better. That's how I understood it.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Canadian nationals are taking place in Ottawa and there is a live stream, http://archive.isiglobal.ca/vod/gymn...ive-embed.html currently showing rhythmic. Who knows how the streaming will work when the artistic events begin on Tuesday.
    I'll be there judging the women's novice and open events.

The nationals website is http://www.gymnastics2013.ca
    I see that the results site is completely empty...any reports or tidbits from Tuesday? (If you're not tied up judging, that is )

That site is really terrible - I can't even find a list of competitors, let alone results. I take it that someone different must be doing the website this year because it's not normally this bad (at least not for nationals, other gymnastics Canada events are a different story).

ETA - never mind, I see results are available at http://gym-score-depot.ca/Natls_2013/ so it is the same people doing the results...just that the people doing the nationals website can't seem to figure out how to link to it.

Looks like it was a rough day for Moors, with at out of bounds and low SV on floor and a very rough beam routine. I was hoping American Cup was a good sign that Moors was becoming more consistent on beam but apparently not.
    Last edited by Erin; 05-22-2013 at 05:44 PM.

vCash

Gymnastics News No.12 Part Deux!

I read something about Moors doing her layout double double but then she dismounted with only a layout. That would explain the low SV.
    -Brian

vCash
    Part 3 of that pro gymnastics competition was on ESPN2 a few hours ago... it was rather strange, but I have to say, nice to see a lot of NCAA gymnasts included with the elite pros/Olympians.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast