Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    she's amazing but this music ?
    I think Mao used this one of her programs
    Yes Chopin's Nocturne No. 2 which she used in the 2006-2007 season. I'm not entirely sure what version of Noctune this piece was using.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Perhaps. But Komova normally had a pretty big advantage over Douglas on bars, and Douglas bars scores magicalliy shot up pretty big time.. As did Douglas beam...That in and of itself was questionable. Essentially Komova's much better bars should have given her a cushion to take a few steps on vault.
    Douglas has the goods on bars to score what she did. Her beam score shot up because she stayed on for once and didn't wobble all over the place. Why wouldn't it go up if she hit a set? She also hit both beam sets before AA finals so the judges had PLENTY of chances to decide how they would score a hit beam from her. I remember all your whining during the Olympics now that I think about it, though, so I am not at all surprised to see you still trying to justify that Komova (or any one not American) should have won the AA. I could swear that you finally gave in after London and said Douglas deserved the win...hmmm...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Douglas has the goods on bars to score what she did. Her beam score shot up because she stayed on for once and didn't wobble all over the place. Why wouldn't it go up if she hit a set? She also hit both beam sets before AA finals so the judges had PLENTY of chances to decide how they would score a hit beam from her. I remember all your whining during the Olympics now that I think about it, though, so I am not at all surprised to see you still trying to justify that Komova (or any one not American) should have won the AA. I could swear that you finally gave in after London and said Douglas deserved the win...hmmm...

Her bars score shot up quite a bit.. The whole thing was fishy. Either they were holding back big time on bars scores being tight in prelims/finals in order ot help the Americans out and then losen them later on but I believe her score shot up by 7tenths. Its a huge amount and not like it was that much better ala Komova's floor.

vCash
    If anything is questionable about Douglas it is should she have gotten into the AA final in the first place due to her huge mistakes on floor.

But come AA. Douglas pretty perfect Amanar versus Komova's worst Amanar which was ugly in all three phases of competition (Quals/TF/AA). Bars. Komova's bars looked sluggish in qualification and team finals and wasn't much better in the AA final. Douglas's bars in the AA were the best she hit on Olympic competition. Komova still had the avantage but I don't know what happened but Komova's bars just looked way more laboured than they ordinarily do and I think that Giant isn't liked by judges. Beam. I think Komova was slightly underscored and whilst I don't like Gabby's style on beam it doesn't matter. She packs difficulty and was connecting the hell out of it hence her big score there. On Floor Komova did very well still her chest needed to more upwards on some of her landings. It has lower difficulty than Gabby which is also why there wasn't a huge score difference.

And Bek you were saying comments like apparently Komova's amanar was just as nice as the Americans. Except it was UGLY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Amazing ball routine by Yana Kudryavtseva

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJmjiONZ8kE
    That was gorgeous!

vCash
    I think the wrong person defintiely won at the 2011 Worlds, Komova should have won there even with her lower difficulty and shaky beam and floor performances. Wieber was overscored on all of vault, beam, and floor there I felt. However I think in London the right person won. It was close enough to be debateable though, Douglas's bars and beam scores were arguably a bit generous, and Komova's beam and floor scores argaubly a bit too low. However some thought Komova's vault score, albeit rightfully low, should have been even a bit lower. Of course one could strongly argue Wieber should have qualified for the AA over Douglas after Douglas botched her floor routine in qualifications, and if she had Komova would be guaranteed the AA gold with the same performance (no way Wieber even at her very best comes close to Komova's AA performance, even with the missed Amanar).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    she's amazing but this music ?
    I think Mao used this one of her programs
    Found it: Chopin's Nocturne in E Flat Major (not the orchestral rendering that Kudryavtseva used): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUw78FXpG4

Mao skated to it for her 06-07 SP. She has skated to a lot of Chopin!

vCash
    Grandi is re-elected as the president of FIG by a landslide. the rest of the positions are as follows:

Vice-Presidents
    Slava Corn CAN
    Michel Leglise FRA
    Yuri Titov RUS

Executive Committee

1) WATANABE Morinari JPN
    2)VIDMAR Peter USA
    3) LUO Chaoyi CHN
    4) ABOUEDEL D. Saif KUW
    5) AL-HITMI Ali Ahmad QAT
    6) WILLAM Wolfgang GER
    7) PENICHE Alejandro MEX

BUTCHER Steve (USA) is the president of Men's Technical committee, Nelli Kim (BLR) is re-elected as the president of WTC, Natalya Kuzmina (RUS ) is the RG TC president. Horst Kuzhne (GER) is the president of trampoline technical committee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Grandi is re-elected as the president of FIG by a landslide.

vCash
    McKayla Maroney Vists The Kyle and Rachel Morning Show!

Includes a couple of cute short vids of McKayla in the radio control booth

vCash
    McKayla will have a role on the Nov 20 episode of Hart of Dixie and Gabby has a cameo on the Nov 29 episode of The Vampire Diaries.

vCash
    So what happened to those predictions of Gabby being the biggest thing to happen to US Gymnastics since...ever? I knew it wouldn't pan out. People just don't care any more and have more distractions than ever before. Maroney has been the break out star, IMO but she doesn't even come close to the fame of those who came before her.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Found it: Chopin's Nocturne in E Flat Major (not the orchestral rendering that Kudryavtseva used): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUw78FXpG4

Mao skated to it for her 06-07 SP. She has skated to a lot of Chopin!
    Having played this Chopin piece, I almost had to turn off the sound. One of the most un-musical renditions I've ever heard!

The gymnastics was lovely though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Grandi is re-elected as the president of FIG by a landslide.
    Fffffffffffffffffffff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    So what happened to those predictions of Gabby being the biggest thing to happen to US Gymnastics since...ever? I knew it wouldn't pan out. People just don't care any more and have more distractions than ever before. Maroney has been the break out star, IMO but she doesn't even come close to the fame of those who came before her.
    Well predictions, much like in skating, aren't ALWAYS right. Although I'm much happier that my other prediction came true.

Gymnastics doesn't matter here anymore. Shawn, Nastia, Gabby, and McKayla are as big of stars as we can get in gymnastics but the interest has slowly died out after 1996.

I'm really excited to see how this season pans out. I still have all of my chips on Kyla Ross.

vCash
    Chusovitina announced that she is aiming to compete in Rio:

http://www.gymmedia.com

I personally think they should rename the Olympics after her at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Chusovitina announced that she is aiming to compete in Rio:

http://www.gymmedia.com
    I'm not sure if I should or , but as long as she can stay injury-free, good for her!

Vacant
    vCash
    Epke Zonderland certainly isn't resting on his Olympic laurels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwT079ShGgc&feature=plcp

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    LMAO! I hope Chuso makes it. Why the hell not?
    -Brian

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast