Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

vCash
    I was wondering if there was possibly an issue with the equipment as well. It does seem odd that both girls went down within minutes of each other on the same set of bars. It doesn't mean that the spotlights were a good idea, but there have been lots of other exhibitions with spotlights without having injuries like that.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    What an awful way to get injured. I worry about Maroney because she is in the hospital and needing further testing. A serious knee injury is the LAST thing you need when your entire career depends on vault. I know I am being selfish but I wanted to see that vault some more from Maroney. It is the best piece of gymnastics in decades and I wasn't ready for it to be over with. At least she got her Olympic medals and had the vault of her life during TF on the biggest stage, though. The good news is that if anyone can come back it is probably her because her vaulting technique is so good that she is never twisting into the ground so her risk of knee injuries on the Amanar is far lower than for almost anyone else in the World. I hope it isn't anything too serious like Mustafina went through.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I want Maroney to get a vault named after her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    What an awful way to get injured. I worry about Maroney because she is in the hospital and needing further testing.
    Aly and Gabby tweeting her that they are praying for her doesn't inspire confidence either.

vCash
    What an awful way to get injured. I worry about Maroney because she is in the hospital and needing further testing. A serious knee injury is the LAST thing you need when your entire career depends on vault. I know I am being selfish but I wanted to see that vault some more from Maroney. It is the best piece of gymnastics in decades and I wasn't ready for it to be over with. At least she got her Olympic medals and had the vault of her life during TF on the biggest stage, though. The good news is that if anyone can come back it is probably her because her vaulting technique is so good that she is never twisting into the ground so her risk of knee injuries on the Amanar is far lower than for almost anyone else in the World. I hope it isn't anything too serious like Mustafina went through.
    The positive thing is even in worst case scenario (which hopefully it isnt) like Mustafina, even Mustafina came back gangbusters as strong as ever in about a years time.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I was wondering if there was possibly an issue with the equipment as well. It does seem odd that both girls went down within minutes of each other on the same set of bars. It doesn't mean that the spotlights were a good idea, but there have been lots of other exhibitions with spotlights without having injuries like that.
    They were both on the end where the floor was very dark. Did they fall off or just land badly i couldnt really tell Perhaps they couldn't see to judge their landings?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    The positive thing is even in worst case scenario (which hopefully it isnt) like Mustafina, even Mustafina came back gangbusters as strong as ever in about a years time.
    Didn't she use to try an Amanar on VT, too? I haven't seen that from her after the injury (probably a good thing since some of hers were a little close to being UR). Knee injuries are a lot more devastating on vault and that is Maroney's best event. I do agree Mustafina made an impressive come back, but VT isn't the one event I would single out where is she 'as strong as ever.'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Didn't she use to try an Amanar on VT, too? I haven't seen that from her after the injury (probably a good thing since some of hers were a little close to being UR). Knee injuries are a lot more devastating on vault and that is Maroney's best event. I do agree Mustafina made an impressive come back, but VT isn't the one event I would single out where is she 'as strong as ever.'
    Musty's Ur problem was during only america cup 2011. Her real problem with the Amanar is that she was twisting into the mat, her legs were fully rotated, but her body is still twisting. You can image it like a screw effect, and think of teh pressure it will put on various part of the.body. Interestingly if you google translate the 2.5 twist from Russian, you can find the translation as 2.5 screw.

As for vault not looking good, her double twist yuchenko looks better than ever and she sticks all of the vaults. This increases her E-score. Now with depleted sv for the amanar she will become bit more competative with her DTY vault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    As for vault not looking good, her double twist yuchenko looks better than ever and she sticks all of the vaults. This increases her E-score. Now with depleted sv for the amanar she will become bit more competative with her DTY vault.
    You're telling me she took the Kostner approach on VT -do less, but with better execution & it worked well for her as well .

vCash
    Latest update - fractured tibia for McKayla. At least there's no mention of the knee. I'd take a clean break over ligament damage.

vCash
    I'm relieved to hear that. A break still sucks and she will be out for awhile, but its not something that'll prevent her from getting back to where she was in her gymnastics again or affect her later on in life. She honestly deserves the vacation!! Hope she heals well and can truly soak in what an amazing summer she has had now.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Never thought I'd be relieved to hear about a broken leg but that is so much better than an ACL tear or anything with the knee. I hope they aren't hiding any other serious injuries, I never completely trust USAG.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Never thought I'd be relieved to hear about a broken leg but that is so much better than an ACL tear or anything with the knee. I hope they aren't hiding any other serious injuries, I never completely trust USAG.
    so true.. a bone is much easier to heal than a tendon tear.. although mentally I am sure it will be difficult to come back vaulting like she does after a broken leg.. I hope she does though as her vault really was one of the most amazing things I have seen
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Poor McKayla....sounds like she needs a break. This is 3rd broken bone in as many months. First there was her nose, then the toe, and now her leg. Has she always been this accident prone, or is she just having an extraordinary year?
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    okay I'm really confused.. this article states that Maroney also had a broken fibula at the olympics?? http://www.examiner.com/article/mcka...ractured-tibia

and now a broken tibia?? I'm thinking that it should be a requirement for an annual MRI for elite gymnasts so those that are suffering from fractures - be it stress or otherwise - can be given proper advice on the long term damage on their body
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Beach Bum
    vCash
    What? Wow, she needs a rest and a bone evaluation.

Too bad they didn't start the tour in October after more time to rest.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Vacant
    vCash
    Totally shocking that both Aly and Mckayla have been injured so needlessly. The video makes this show look soooo cheap.

vCash
    Geez those videos made that show look like such thrash. Hopefully this gives it such a negative backlash it dissapears completely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Geez those videos made that show look like such thrash. Hopefully this gives it such a negative backlash it dissapears completely.
    Gymnastics isn't a great exhibition sport.

However, this is probably one of the only chances for these girls to make some money back from their sport, outside of the few advertisements they've done. So if people still go to these cheesefests, good on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Gymnastics isn't a great exhibition sport.
    It's not, but they couldn't make these group numbers any worse if they tried. And, does everything have to be an attempt to do sexy? Am sure USAG or whoever organizes the tour is really hanging onto every word I say here .

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast